PDA

View Full Version : Making an UZI QD stock "not QD" for 922r compliance - quick and easy

O.S.O.K.
11-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I am working on getting my semi-auto 16" Norinco 320 (UZI clone) compliant, and part of that is making the QD wood stock "not quickly detachable". I've seen the other methods but in looking at mine, I decided to go another route (or at least, I think this is "new")....

I decided to make a pin that would go through the attachment plate and into the receiver - enough to keep the stock from being able to slide back and off of the receiver - requiring that the stock be unscrewed in order to be taken off of the receiver - like a non-QD stock.

So, I just mounted the plate sans wood, drilled the hole, counter-sunk the hole and trimmed a screw to fit... works good

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5249/5215572362_be70a91857_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5215572476_0aae959d30_b.jpg

Quick and easy and doesn't require any mods to the plate other than the little hole that you don't see once the stock is placed.

This made more sense to me than milling off the tab in the back and screwing the plate on there - accomplishes the same.

deth502
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM
i dont see how a qd stock would have anything to do with 922r?? shouldnt matter how quick you can change it as long as you dont change it with an import?? (if thats one of your compliance parts) what am i missing? is that just a state thing, or federal?

O.S.O.K.
11-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry, not 922r - I think it's actually the 1968 law - basically, you can't have a quick detach stock on a gun if the gun isn't at least 26" long without the stock attached. The Uzi with 16" barrel isn't that long... so in order to use the cheap, SMG QD stocks, you have to make them "non QD" - so that you have to use a tool to take them off the gun.

deth502
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
ahhh, ok. i thought i was missing something. :thumbsup:

Surly
11-29-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry, not 922r - I think it's actually the 1968 law - basically, you can't have a quick detach stock on a gun if the gun isn't at least 26" long without the stock attached. The Uzi with 16" barrel isn't that long... so in order to use the cheap, SMG QD stocks, you have to make them "non QD" - so that you have to use a tool to take them off the gun.

Actually, NFA 34 devised the OAL requirements for Rifles and shotguns. GCA 68 did away with imports on MG's for civilian transfer, hence pre-86 dealer samples. It's bullshit, sucks and confusing.