PDA

View Full Version : The semester is over...

AKTexas
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Finals are next week.I could skip them and still get an A in each of my classes.Being an over achiever I'm not going to miss the finals.

Mark Ducati
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
How does that work?

I'm glad for you.... you sound smart, back when I was in college I was a straight A student too.... but I still had to take finals.

How much extra credit are they giving these days?

No disrespect, but I'm curious if college has gotten easier with grading to get minorities to graduate? Seriously, this was happening even at the doctorate level when I left teaching 8 years ago. The grading system was adjusted so that you basically had to work at making a low grade and getting kicked out.

AKTexas
11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
How does that work?

I'm glad for you.... you sound smart, back when I was in college I was a straight A student too.... but I still had to take finals.

How much extra credit are they giving these days?

No disrespect, but I'm curious if college has gotten easier with grading to get minorities to graduate? Seriously, this was happening even at the doctorate level when I left teaching 8 years ago. The grading system was adjusted so that you basically had to work at making a low grade and getting kicked out.

They have given us many extra credit writing assignments,they drop the lowest test grade which for me is still an A and some classes have a curve.I do the required work,show up for class,participate as required during the lectures and I study.If the students do their part they will pass.I disagree with the curve,dropping the lowest test,and the extra credit.

I think college is easier for me because I want to be here.High school was a pain in the ass.I was a B student and did not try to do that,just showed up did the minimum required and still got a B for no trying.