If I can start a thread....

LOL

HDR
07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey Dawg

I see ya lurking

old Grump
07-22-2010, 07:48 PM
You get yourself a hairy animal that sheds and brush the loose stuff out of it. Then you get yourself a spinning wheel...how detailed do you wanna get?

HDR
07-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Huh?

Edit:
I get it, sorry it was a little too deep for me.

old Grump
07-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Raining cats and dogs and lily pads growing in my front yard. Wanted to get out and shoot some 100 yard 22 today and maybe some more 300 yard Garand but I would have needed a snorkel to shot. Floods to the south and east of me so no use going for a drive. If I go north I hit the Wisconsin River and if I go west I hit the Mississippi so going for a ride was out. So I have been house bound and nothing to do but sit on the keyboard and be a smart ass.

I need my outside time.

HDR
07-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Rain has been so scarce here the grass is wilting. I am on the waiting list for a really nice club; 300m range etc. I can shoot here at the house; however, it is all downhill which gets old.

Today is Friday which is a good thing.

kathy
07-24-2010, 06:23 AM
The hairy critter could be a cute angora goat. That would be my choice. I got curious and finally read this LOL

HDR
07-24-2010, 12:13 PM
The hairy critter could be a cute angora goat. That would be my choice. I got curious and finally read this LOL

Why a cute angora goat?

:big-eye-eek:

How is our favorite lady?

DesertDawg
07-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey Dawg

I see ya lurking

HEY!!! how ya doin pal?

63DH8
07-24-2010, 04:56 PM

My girls had Angora goats. They're pretty entertaining. If you decide to get one, get at least two. As long as they have a partner, they won't get noisy. They'll clear the underbrush to the point your property will look like a park! :thumbsup: The downside is they need to be sheared or brushed out.

Back to the brake job; I warped my front brake rotors.

kathy
07-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Goats are cute arent they? I have enough trouble with my dog, although she is cute and sheds like no bodies business. Could make a dog hair thread. That would be curious.

Doing well thanks HDR, been doing alot of walking. How are you doing? I missed talking to you over:coffee: coffee.

HDR
07-25-2010, 05:52 AM
HEY!!! how ya doin pal?

I've been just fine doing them all and the good ones twice. ;)

It is good to see ya.

Hows Dan and Ann?

My girls had Angora goats. They're pretty entertaining. If you decide to get one, get at least two. As long as they have a partner, they won't get noisy. They'll clear the underbrush to the point your property will look like a park! :thumbsup: The downside is they need to be sheared or brushed out.

Back to the brake job; I warped my front brake rotors.

The "neighbor" down below has goats. The evil bastages come up here and eat everything. When he was told about it his answer was roughly goats can climb fences and TS. About two months ago, he drove up and as he is short three of them he asked about his MIA goats.
He said he heard one of us was pissed; so I said well, they ate ~$175 in plants at so and so's house and asked if he would be pissed. Since then these goats who could climb any fence stopped coming around.

I will be doing mine tomorrow. My car has been so good; I bought it an adjustable boost tap. ;) Timing belt is next.

Goats are cute arent they? I have enough trouble with my dog, although she is cute and sheds like no bodies business. Could make a dog hair thread. That would be curious.

Doing well thanks HDR, been doing alot of walking. How are you doing? I missed talking to you over:coffee: coffee.

I am fine; how are your sons doing?

Puppy is about 80 pounds. Her mother was about 60 and the father was between 70 and 75. The breeder said at most she'd be 60 or so; well she is about 80 and according to the Vet it is all muscle :running-dog:

It is good to be back..

kathy
07-25-2010, 07:35 AM
HDR so glad your baby girl is doing so well. Does she chase off the goats?

Sons are good. The Army son is waiting to find out if he needs knee surgery. I am secretly hoping he does because he will be out on disablity at that point. I know that wont be a popular sentiment here but I am a Mom and he is supposed to deploy to Afghanistan this fall. I have concerns about the rules of engagement and what the President has in mind as to how victory will be defined. I still dont know who he is rooting for(the Pres.).

The former Marine son is doing well, baby number 3 was born recently, what a cutie. Hes a LEO still. He went with me and my friends to request the Gadsden Flag over the capitol on Memorial Day... denied of course... all over the news. The fight continues, the Marines dont give up. A friend who was in Beruit at the time of the attacks has joined the effort. We are planning our next step, he did get the Marine Corps flag flown on the 4th.

Youngest son will have an MOS that will make him part of NASA. I cant remember the name of it, but he will be a mechanic. He took the strong and insistant advice of his brothers to be selective when signing, it was worth the wait.

Sorry to be so long winded.. too much coffee...:bump:

HDR
07-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Goats started coming up MIA and they don't get out anymore. Puppy wanted to show off her genes and argue with a bear. 80 pounds on the end of a rope is interesting.

Nah, thanks for bringing me up to date. Grandson is 15, about 6' tall and 200. Presses his own weight and is a defensive tackle with excellent grades. LOL

old Grump
07-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Goat marinated in hot mustard and Jack Daniels and cooked in a hole in the ground over hot coals. That's the way my Step fathers niece cooks goat and I have to admit I was leery at first but oh boy. Of course you would never think of such a thing right? Funny, they had bought 3 kids in the spring for the BBQ but by the time it was time to butcher they had been adopted by grand kids and they had to go out and buy an old billy goat.

It's true, never name something you are going to eat and never show kid goats to human kids.

I'm with you Kathy, if we have no intention of winning a war we should not be sending men and women in harms way.

Gotta ask, new bambino red head or no?

63DH8
07-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Seems every time I get out to replace my rotors, something comes up! I still haven't gotten around to replace them! I'm getting pissed off over the interruptions! Freakin lug nuts are supposed to be torqued to 160ft/lbs times eight lug nuts per each wheel. I had to buy an electronic torque wrench to do the deed because I didn't know if my old torque wrench was calibrated. (Okay! I have to admit I had to think of an excuse! :wink: )

rice paddy daddy
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
HEY!!! how ya doin pal?
Hey, DD. You doin' alright? I read on another board you got yourself injured.

kathy
07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
HDR wow time flies! 16 already, and a big un too, you must be proud of him.

OG the little one has red hair and dimples, he is easy going and so mellow. Looks like a little sumo wrestler. Just want to pinch his cheeks all day.
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=120&stc=1&d=1280454884

63D hope you get that thing all fixed up.

Injured? What happened Dessert Dawg?

aliceinchains
07-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Glad you started a thread HDR. I had one started around this damn skin tag. It is very black and hope it will soon fall off.:clap:

HDR
07-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Goat marinated in hot mustard and Jack Daniels and cooked in a hole in the ground over hot coals.

Someone said goat makes great Chili. LOL

I'm with you Kathy, if we have no intention of winning a war we should not be sending men and women in harms way.

The changes in rules, losing good generals it is amazing what happens when the democrats are in power.

kathy
07-30-2010, 07:34 AM

The changes in rules, losing good generals it is amazing what happens when the democrats are in power.

Those in power in DC are angering the regular Dems. They dont like it one bit.... no they dont.

old Grump
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
I have made chili out of turkey, catfish, and turtle but my number one best never to be repeated great chili was made from venison. A vegetarian buddy of mine made chili with no meat and if he hadn't told me I would have sworn there was meat in there. Good eye dripping earwax melting burp producing chili that we were still enjoying at 2AM. Never tried with goat but I did mutton chili once. If it wasn't so damn expensive I would like to do it again.

HDR
08-01-2010, 07:01 AM
One of the best things about chili is I've said that is the best chili so many times in my life and I wasn't lying. As I grew older I learned to say "that is some of the best chili (or dessert or sauce or steak....ad infinium lol) I've ever had." lol.

Janet
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
dont know about catfish chili, OG have you ever seen a minniappolis moline tractor?

old Grump
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
dont know about catfish chili, OG have you ever seen a minniappolis moline tractor?

No minniappolis moline but we had a 1950 Model Z Minneapolis Moline on the farm. It was the big yellow one in case you don't remember. Plus I worked for Ray Hodgeman after graduation for 6 months and he was a dealer so I got to field test all the brand new models and the old trade in's.

Catfish chili is great but unless you like hot curry and Cajun food you might not like mine. :firedevil:Warms you up from nose to toes. Along with the garlic bread it might not be the dish you plan to take to the church potluck supper.

Janet
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Paul Walton says he will try it at least once, but if it dont have habeneros in it he might pout a little. I was at an ag fair in stoneboro pa and there was a Miniappolis Moline in a pulling contest......then in Ox Hill Pa.there were two in the pulling contest for antique tractors. I remember the tractor, but nothing about it, I was 10 and not allowed to "drive" anything but the pony....hehehe

Janet
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
O.K. so I spelled it wrong, but I didnt see any model numbers on any of them either, busy doing my job, couldnt get close enough to ask model #s

old Grump
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Well you are to far away for me to pull your pig tails so I have to pick on you anyway I can. Check Big brothers manual, page 12, chapter 2, paragraph 3, job description of big brothers. It s part of my job. Don't nobody else pick on you though or I will kick their south end.

Janet
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
awwwww