PDA

View Full Version : An ewwww factor of 10...

mriddick
07-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Talk about a post marriage surprise... Some things just should be disclosed before saying I do.

Texas mom challenges transgender widow's marriage

by JUAN A. LOZANO

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/transgender%20marriage%20lawsuit--1836518250_v2.grid-4x2.jpg

HOUSTON — The family of a southeast Texas firefighter killed in a July 4 blaze has sued to void his marriage to his transgender widow and prevent her from getting his death benefits because she was born a man and Texas doesn't recognize same-sex marriages.

The attorney for the mother of Thomas Araguz III said Thursday that the firefighter only learned of his wife's gender history and after he found out, he moved out of their home and planned to end the marriage.

But a tearful Nikki Araguz said her marriage was not a fraud.

"I'm absolutely devastated about the loss of my husband. I'm horrified at the horrendous allegations accusing me of fraud. They are absolutely not true," Araguz, 35, told reporters during a brief statement at a news conference.

Thomas Araguz died while battling a blaze at an egg farm in Boling, about 55 miles southwest of Houston. The 11-year veteran of the Wharton Volunteer Fire Department was trapped by falling debris in a burning production building.

In a lawsuit filed July 12 in Wharton County, his mother, Simona Longoria, asked to be appointed administrator of her son's estate and that her son's marriage to Nikki Araguz be voided because the couple were members of the same sex.

According to court documents included as part of the lawsuit, Nikki Araguz was born Justin Graham Purdue and changed her name to Nikki Paige Purdue in February 1996.

ltorlo64
07-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Besides the obvious weirdness of the article, I had only one other thought. A fire at an egg farm? That is one huge omlet!

HDR
07-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Give it a year and the transgendered will have special rights.

Prometheus168
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I was at his Funeral with my Departments Honor Guard....... I hope this.... "bitch" does not get a dime!

Rusty

Prometheus168
07-22-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.whartonfire.com/memorial.html

NAPOTS
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Give it a year and the transgendered will have special rights.
They had thier own bathrooms at the college I went to and thats no BS.

AKTexas
07-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry for the loss of good firefighter...

I got to ask a dumb question.How do you not know?The two children are apparently not hers what about their welfare?

HDR
07-23-2010, 05:27 AM
They had thier own bathrooms at the college I went to and thats no BS.

Wow, even the libtard professors knew neither the boys or the girls wanted share with them.

NAPOTS
07-23-2010, 08:04 AM
It sucked because they took a normal mens room with the standard 2 or 3 toilets and 3 urinals and turned it into a one holer just because some confused wierdo sued the school. There was one toilet and one urinal and no partitions becuase the main door locked. I used it a few times as, well like i said they got rid of a mens room for it and I had an urgent need, it was wierd sitting down in a room that size lol.