PDA

View Full Version : ever heard of bob bowman?

romakdaddy
12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
i listed my PSL on gunbroker and got an offer to sell it for a bit more than my starting bid and end the auction early.he has placed a bid on it but im just trying to be careful and not get scammed heres the jist of the message:

Charles, I placed a bid on your 308 PSL rifle.
This rifle is needed for a US Military contract, I am willing to go $1300 today, if possible.
I convert them to fire blanks, our troops use them for training purposes using 308 blanks.
Please let me know.
Thanks, bob bowman

BOWMAN & CO. (+0) 1-352-235-2095 (USA, Florida)

CCR # XXXXX D&B:XX-XXX-XXXX CAGE CODE: XXXXX
US FIREARMS LICENSE (FFL) # X-XX-XXX-XX-XX-XXXXX (Machine Gun)
IMPORTER OF U.S. MUNITIONS LIC # X-XX-XXX-XXXX
IMPORTER DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES # X-XX-XXX-XX-XX-XXXXX
U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT REGISTERED MUNITIONS BROKER #X-XXXX

NON-STANDARD (EX-SOVIET) WEAPONS, REPLACEMENT PARTS, AMMUNITION, MUNITIONS, ROCKETS, MISSILES, LAND-SEA MINES, RADAR UNITS, ARMORED VEHICLES, UNIFORMS, ETC.
AVAILABLE IN LIVE, DEACTIVATED, CUT-AWAYS AND TARGETS
U.S. MILITARY SALES ONLY.

AKTexas
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Check his feed back?Can you verify all the information?

This is what I have found.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=909&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=bowman+and+co+gainesville+florida&fb=1&gl=us&hq=bowman+and+co&hnear=Gainesville,+FL&cid=14745177800459442785

Bowman & Co
111 Jenny Lane, Hawthorne, FL 32640-6331
(352) 235-2095 ‎

Zoff12
12-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Not saying he's not legit but the circumstances send up red flags. Why would he feel the need to explain what he's doing with them? Why not just get them from the military? Why pay more than he has to?

1 Patriot-of-many
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
If it's the Bob Bowman I know, yes. I bought my AR18 MG from him. If he's a SOT, most likely the same guy. Standup guy.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
He used to live up here in MN near Ramsey/ Elk River.
Ask him if he used to live in MN and where.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Just looked at my Form4, Robert M Bowman, Bowman and company Anoka, MN.
(That was back in 2004, I know he moved to FL, so I'm betting that's him.)
He used to have a Russian Tank at the range we went to, when I bought my MG he showed me his collection, it was vast!
He's legit.

Tell him the guy near Princeton who bought the AR18 from him said hi, I'd like to get in touch with him, there's a possibility this gun was used in "The Terminator", never got around to have him track it down.

romakdaddy
12-02-2010, 06:30 PM
i told him id rather wait for the auction to end on its own so i can see what it brings.he did bid on it so if hes the only one its already his.nothing against the military i love those guys but the thought of my custom baby used in combat training is a double edged sword,on the one hand it helps our boys on the other hand its like selling a show car and the new owner entering it into a real race.you know its gonna get banged up but its not yours anymore.

mriddick
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
i told him id rather wait for the auction to end on its own so i can see what it brings.he did bid on it so if hes the only one its already his.nothing against the military i love those guys but the thought of my custom baby used in combat training is a double edged sword,on the one hand it helps our boys on the other hand its like selling a show car and the new owner entering it into a real race.you know its gonna get banged up but its not yours anymore.

I was honored to loan my firearms to help our servicemen, you might want to reconsider if it helps.

deth502
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Not saying he's not legit but the circumstances send up red flags. Why would he feel the need to explain what he's doing with them? Why not just get them from the military? Why pay more than he has to?

yeah, he has the importers licence, why not just import them himself? surely must be cheaper and more easily obtained in quantity.

ATAK, Inc.
12-02-2010, 07:01 PM
yeah, he has the importers licence, why not just import them himself? surely must be cheaper and more easily obtained in quantity.

Not sure if they still make the PSL in .308.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM

He must have a reason. He's a standup guy.

romakdaddy
12-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I was honored to loan my firearms to help our servicemen, you might want to reconsider if it helps.

it would be an honor if it can help them for sure.......theyre gonna scratch it tho.........lol im not hung up on it getting beat up if its for a good cause.

Kadmos
12-03-2010, 01:03 AM

He could be one rifle short of the contract.

He might get them cheaper importing them, but then again there is a good chance they will sit in customs for weeks or months.

Sounds like he needs fast more than he needs cheap

1 Patriot-of-many
12-03-2010, 02:00 AM

He might get them cheaper importing them, but then again there is a good chance they will sit in customs for weeks or months.

One of the few times I agree with Kadmos. Sounds like the reason.

mriddick
12-03-2010, 06:52 AM
it would be an honor if it can help them for sure.......theyre gonna scratch it tho.........lol im not hung up on it getting beat up if its for a good cause.

You are correct quite a few of mine came back scratched but nothing has made me prouder of those firearms then where I kow they've been :)

deth502
12-03-2010, 06:59 AM

im not trying to say hes up to no good. the members here have verfied him. im sure theres a reason for it, im just saying the story, at face value, sounds fishy.

i would think, if he was a govt contractor, and these were going to the military, they would be expedited through customs.

romakdaddy
12-03-2010, 08:20 AM
One of the few times I agree with Kadmos. Sounds like the reason.

The FFL number you gave me dosnt match the FFL he gave me.is it possible it changed since he moved or renewed?

romakdaddy
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM
I went back and looked at the email he sent and noticed an attachment.its a copy of his actual FFL and at the very bottom it says Bowman Robert M so 1pat this may very well be your guy.

mriddick
12-03-2010, 08:32 AM
im not trying to say hes up to no good. the members here have verfied him. im sure theres a reason for it, im just saying the story, at face value, sounds fishy.

i would think, if he was a govt contractor, and these were going to the military, they would be expedited through customs.

I loaned 21 AK's to the KY Army reserve to do clearance drills and other training because they couldn't get them through regular channels fast enough, I was told the offical way would take months and they were about to deploy in weeks. They needed the weapons for practice for guys going to Afghanistan. So it could be something where he is just pressed for time. Importing a weapon literally takes months and years in some cases.

Kadmos
12-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Wait. What? Two different government agencies working together to actually get something reasonable done?

deth502
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Wait. What? Two different government agencies working together to actually get something reasonable done?

lmao!! ok, i guess i didnt think that one through....

1 Patriot-of-many
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
The FFL number you gave me dosnt match the FFL he gave me.is it possible it changed since he moved or renewed?

I don't know. I suppose it might if he failed to renew or something at one time. I don't know about SOT's, I know my C&R doesn't change.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
I went back and looked at the email he sent and noticed an attachment.its a copy of his actual FFL and at the very bottom it says Bowman Robert M so 1pat this may very well be your guy.

Yepper gotta be, too many things add up.

romakdaddy
12-04-2010, 08:29 AM
i told him you said hi and mentioned the gun you got from him,he said it was in a movie with ah-nold and showed me a picture of his gun "room" looked more like a museum...lol this guys got some serious toys.i told him to check us out here on gunsnet cause theres a lot of guys who would appreciate his work and collection.hes ok with waiting on the auction to end,who knows he may be the only bidder and get it for 100 less than he offered.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-04-2010, 01:50 PM
i told him you said hi and mentioned the gun you got from him,he said it was in a movie with ah-nold and showed me a picture of his gun "room" looked more like a museum...lol this guys got some serious toys.i told him to check us out here on gunsnet cause theres a lot of guys who would appreciate his work and collection.hes ok with waiting on the auction to end,who knows he may be the only bidder and get it for 100 less than he offered.

Yeah I almost orgasmed like a gay in a TSA patdown when he showed me his gunroom when I picked up the Ar18 up here! Man I WISH mine looked like that!
Thanks Romakdaddy.