PDA

View Full Version : Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter

Arnulf
12-02-2010, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI

FunkyPertwee
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I think he's jealous he wasn't the first on the moon. Now he's got to be first astronaut to reveal aliens.

Arnulf
12-03-2010, 12:32 AM
I think he's jealous he wasn't the first on the moon. Now he's got to be first astronaut to reveal aliens.

The whole crew seen it....also other astronauts seen UFOs....and these men were not given to childishness like that.

old Grump
12-03-2010, 12:43 AM
A navy Warrant officer I respected a lot had his own UFO story. I don't dismiss anything he said lightly but I haven's seen one with my own eyes and till I do I remain skeptical. Same goes for Aldrin's story.

Arnulf
12-03-2010, 01:07 AM
A navy Warrant officer I respected a lot had his own UFO story. I don't dismiss anything he said lightly but I haven's seen one with my own eyes and till I do I remain skeptical. Same goes for Aldrin's story.

It was not just Aldrins story...the whole crew seen it.

Krupski
12-03-2010, 03:28 PM
The video is pure bullshit. They are taking bit and pieces of facts and twisting them around for their purposes.

After TLI (firing the third stage again to leave earth orbit and head towards the moon) the Command and Service module disconnects, backs away, turns around, docks with the lunar module, then extracts it from the third stage (the S-IV-B). This is called "transposition and docking". At this point the lunar spacecraft stack and the spent S-IV-B booster are flying together. There is a danger of recontact. So, the lunar stack backs away with small thrusters, and the S-IV-B dumps residual propellant out the engine (not ignited - called "propulsive venting") and uses that small thrust to place it on a safe trajectory (lunar impact, lunar fly-by, lunar slingshot and solar orbit, etc...).

Buzz Aldrin saw a blinking light outside the spacecraft, too far away to tell what it was and asked the ground, basically, "hey where is that rocket? I hope it's not gonna hit us".

Ground radar tracking knew where the S-IV-B was. It was on the correct course, well away from the lunar spacecraft. So then what was the blinking light?

A UFO? The Starship Enterprise? a ROMULAN?????

No, it was one of the SLA panels (4 cover the lunar module during launch) which was jettisoned during transposition and docking. Now it was lazily tumbling, reflecting sunlight and appearing to blink at regular intervals.

The ground radar tracked the SLA panels also and determined that Buzz was seeing one of the panels.

They sent up sextant coordinates to Mike Collins so that he could try and see it with his navigation "telescope", but it was too far away to make out.

Nope, not a UFO. Just a discarded aluminum panel, painted white.

Arnulf
12-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Wasn't you one of those guys who said that the moon landings were a hoax?

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I think you typing with a hick acscent is a hoax! :p

Arnulf
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I think you typing with a hick acscent is a hoax! :p

Your ot...and I have no idea what you are talking about Gonzo?

Krupski
12-04-2010, 03:58 PM

ME???? Are you kidding?

I grew up in the Apollo era. I was and still am fascinated with the whole program. I've read zillions of books and studied the whole thing in great detail. I know more about Apollo than 98% of the American public.

I am the LAST person who would think it was a hoax... and I can give you sound, technical explanations for EVERY visual anomaly the nay-sayers use to claim it was faked.

Arnulf
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
ME???? Are you kidding?

I grew up in the Apollo era. I was and still am fascinated with the whole program. I've read zillions of books and studied the whole thing in great detail. I know more about Apollo than 98% of the American public.

I am the LAST person who would think it was a hoax... and I can give you sound, technical explanations for EVERY visual anomaly the nay-sayers use to claim it was faked.

Hmmm.....could have swore that was you.....on the old GN there was a big thread about the moon landings being a government hoax?

Do you believe that EBEs are visiting the earth?

HDR
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Maybe the UFO was stealing the panel?

LOL

Krupski
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Do you believe that EBEs are visiting the earth?

EBE... as in "Extraterrestrial Biological Entities" (i.e. aliens)?

Honestly, I have no idea.

On one hand, there seem to be an awful lot of sightings, eye witnesses and people who swear they saw or heard things.

On the other hand, there's this little problem with the speed of light. Unless the "aliens" can travel faster than light, or unless they use some sort of "wormhole" thing to cheat the laws of space/time, then any star is too far away for an "alien" to reach us in a practical amount of time.

Visiting the earth would HAVE to be a "trivial" thing for an "alien" to do. By trivial I mean just passing by in their starship, taking a look at our little life infested ball of rock.

A dedicated long term MISSION to visit earth would be pointless for them, and if they DID do it, I'm sure they would make contact. They wouldn't fly for decades or centuries in a stinky little chemical powered rocket only to have their grandchildren arrive here and then hide.

Yup... only two possibilities: Either life from other stars has figured out faster-than-light travel, or else there have been no aliens here.

Oh... one more thing, I absolutely 100% believe that there is "intelligent" (self aware) life all throughout the universe. I just think God, in His infinite wisdom, invented the speed of light barrier to keep them all separate.

Hell, we can't get along with OURSELVES. How would we get along with life from a different star?

rahatlakhoom
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Armstrong and Aldrin took turns mooning the strange object until mission control
advised to knock it off.
"We're fighter jocks, not PR men." Aldrin barked.
:bs:

Some photos from Apollo 17 is more substantial.
Cernan and Schmidt take the rover into Shorty crater to discover orange soil.
It seems strange. From the look of debris out of close ups, it may be an ancient crash site.
Hoagland found this stuff, including a homonid skull right in their camera shots.

Hoagie has a fluffy gee-whizz style I don't care for, but let the shots do the talking.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack, I don't have enough posts to start a new thread yet.

http://www.enterprisemission.com/datashead.htm

imanaknut
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
There is a very good chance that they found mechanical remains in a crater. For the few years before manned moon missions, both the US and USSR were crashing different sized rockets into the moon trying to learn it's make up prior to manned missions. It is very possible they found the remains of one of those lunar probes.

Arnulf
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
EBE... as in "Extraterrestrial Biological Entities" (i.e. aliens)?

Honestly, I have no idea.

On one hand, there seem to be an awful lot of sightings, eye witnesses and people who swear they saw or heard things.

On the other hand, there's this little problem with the speed of light. Unless the "aliens" can travel faster than light, or unless they use some sort of "wormhole" thing to cheat the laws of space/time, then any star is too far away for an "alien" to reach us in a practical amount of time.

Visiting the earth would HAVE to be a "trivial" thing for an "alien" to do. By trivial I mean just passing by in their starship, taking a look at our little life infested ball of rock.

A dedicated long term MISSION to visit earth would be pointless for them, and if they DID do it, I'm sure they would make contact. They wouldn't fly for decades or centuries in a stinky little chemical powered rocket only to have their grandchildren arrive here and then hide.

Yup... only two possibilities: Either life from other stars has figured out faster-than-light travel, or else there have been no aliens here.

Oh... one more thing, I absolutely 100% believe that there is "intelligent" (self aware) life all throughout the universe. I just think God, in His infinite wisdom, invented the speed of light barrier to keep them all separate.

Hell, we can't get along with OURSELVES. How would we get along with life from a different star?

You are reasoning with your limited intelligenz....what if the race or races that are traveling here are millions of yrs ahead of us in technology....mebbe they can create their own time warps and travel to another star system in a split second.....and their reason for coming here may be that they have been coming here for thousands of yrs.....what if we are there experiment....what if they are the gods our ancient ancesters spoke of who came from the heavens?

Krupski
12-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Cernan and Schmidt take the rover into Shorty crater to discover orange soil.

The "orange soil" was excitedly thought to be an "alteration halo around a volcanic crater", the colors formed by water, iron, sulfur and other crap bubbling out of a volcano.

Unfortunately, on earth the samples were analyzed and found to be nothing but a "fire fountain"... a spray or molten material caused by a meteor impact.

Nope... aliens didn't take a piss on the moon and cause the soil to oxidize... it was just a little meteor. :(

Krupski
12-17-2010, 03:01 PM
You are reasoning with your limited intelligenz....what if the race or races that are traveling here are millions of yrs ahead of us in technology....mebbe they can create their own time warps and travel to another star system in a split second.....and their reason for coming here may be that they have been coming here for thousands of yrs.....what if we are there experiment....what if they are the gods our ancient ancesters spoke of who came from the heavens?

LIMITED INTELLIGENCE? :flip-bird:

Seriously... I said "either/or". Either the "aliens" did figure out how to go faster than light and/or warp space, OR else they've never been here at all.

I would never say it's impossible, because our technology is pathetically primitive compared to what it could be and what it will be (if humanity doesn't kill itself off first).

I know about the cave drawings depicting a figure in a helmet and riding a "chariot of fire in the sky".

All of the people who claim to have seen an "alien" all describe the same type of being.

Honestly, given the violent and stupid nature of humanity, do you think an "alien" is just going to walk up and say "hi there"?

They're probably waiting for humanity to mature past their "stone age" before they even bother to make contact.

Arnulf
12-20-2010, 12:10 AM
LIMITED INTELLIGENCE? :flip-bird:

Seriously... I said "either/or". Either the "aliens" did figure out how to go faster than light and/or warp space, OR else they've never been here at all.

I would never say it's impossible, because our technology is pathetically primitive compared to what it could be and what it will be (if humanity doesn't kill itself off first).

I know about the cave drawings depicting a figure in a helmet and riding a "chariot of fire in the sky".

All of the people who claim to have seen an "alien" all describe the same type of being.

Honestly, given the violent and stupid nature of humanity, do you think an "alien" is just going to walk up and say "hi there"?

They're probably waiting for humanity to mature past their "stone age" before they even bother to make contact.

Mebbe we are their genetic experiment or they are the overlords of the universe?

rahatlakhoom
12-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Mebbe we are their genetic experiment or they are the overlords of the universe?

I think it's a combination of several things.
Any habitable planet becomes a resource more favorable to many different
interests. I am not impressed by the ancient alien gods per se.,
If you go by ancient history, it looks like factions of petty dictatorships taking
initiative and womanizing. Alexander the Great was assisted in breaching the
massive wall of Tyre by what was recorded by his scribes as a "flying shield which
fired bolts of fire which created a hole in the fort wall."

Arnulf
12-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I think it's a combination of several things.
Any habitable planet becomes a resource more favorable to many different
interests. I am not impressed by the ancient alien gods per se.,
If you go by ancient history, it looks like factions of petty dictatorships taking
initiative and womanizing. Alexander the Great was assisted in breaching the
massive wall of Tyre by what was recorded by his scribes as a "flying shield which
fired bolts of fire which created a hole in the fort wall."

The ancient Egyption Pharoah Tutmose II witnessed what he describes as shields of fire in the sky.

rahatlakhoom
12-21-2010, 09:21 AM
More lately, 1952, The Washington Post described a fly-over of glowing objects
in V formation over D.C. Later attributed to radioactive migrating ducks.

IMO, there are numerous ET bases on the Earth as well as the Moon.
They have been here for a very long time. Guys like Steven Greer have always been
optimistic on attaining full disclosure. This will probably never happen.

Arnulf
12-23-2010, 08:00 PM
More lately, 1952, The Washington Post described a fly-over of glowing objects
in V formation over D.C. Later attributed to radioactive migrating ducks.

IMO, there are numerous ET bases on the Earth as well as the Moon.
They have been here for a very long time. Guys like Steven Greer have always been
optimistic on attaining full disclosure. This will probably never happen.

I think you are referring to what is known as "The Washington Merry Go Round" ?

Picture.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143472