PDA

View Full Version : Galil Guide Rod Pistol???

Tx Dogblaster
12-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Ok BIY is dead right now and it looks like I'm being forced to build something to keep our forum looking alive. So, I was messing around with a bunch of parts tonight and had an idea (this can be a dangerous thing). What if I use a Galil top cover, bolt carrier and front sight block to make a guide rod pistol. Whatta ya think?

Well then I took it a bit further and laid some parts out and dummied up an underfolder guide rod "SBR". I told you my thinking could be dangerous. Would it be worth a $200 stamp to SBR it and thread the barrel for a suppressor (there I go again...) another $200 stamp that could always be added later or a Krink style 4pc brake.

I'll be buggin' the hell out of ya for details Slam... I'll take some mock up pics and ask you any questions I'm sure I'll have in this thread to try to get some BIY traffic

Feedback?

AK-Karl
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Go For It!:smiley31:
Please post pictures!

ChirpinSquirrel
04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
That would be way more satisfying than an AR pistol. But how would the 5.56 do in a super short barrel?

Tx Dogblaster
04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
That would be way more satisfying than an AR pistol. But how would the 5.56 do in a super short barrel?

Just as good as 7.62 x 39... From a practical perspective, there's really not a good use for an AK pistol IMHO but they sure are fun to shoot and people go apeshit over them at the range...

AKTexas
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
They also go apeshit for Thompson pistols too.

slamfire51
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Ok BIY is dead right now and it looks like I'm being forced to build something to keep our forum looking alive. So, I was messing around with a bunch of parts tonight and had an idea (this can be a dangerous thing). What if I use a Galil top cover, bolt carrier and front sight block to make a guide rod pistol. Whatta ya think?

Well then I took it a bit further and laid some parts out and dummied up an underfolder guide rod "SBR". I told you my thinking could be dangerous. Would it be worth a $200 stamp to SBR it and thread the barrel for a suppressor (there I go again...) another $200 stamp that could always be added later or a Krink style 4pc brake.

I'll be buggin' the hell out of ya for details Slam... I'll take some mock up pics and ask you any questions I'm sure I'll have in this thread to try to get some BIY traffic

Feedback?

You posted this in Dec.

Are you done with it yet???
If so, where's the pics and range report??

Don't be a slacker. LOL

Tx Dogblaster
04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
They also go apeshit for Thompson pistols too.

That would be interesting to see

You posted this in Dec.

Are you done with it yet???
If so, where's the pics and range report??

Don't be a slacker. LOL

Not yet... My sisters cancer diagnosis put a damper on our lives for a little while. My wife takes to & from Dr's visits and chemo etc and I get to take care of our pile-o-kids... God knows I need a break so I can work on some things for some stress relief.