PDA

View Full Version : Rangal finally going to face the music over violations

mriddick
07-23-2010, 06:15 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35591335/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

All I can say is if this was anyone else they would of been serving time by now...

renegadebuck
07-23-2010, 07:24 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35591335/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

All I can say is if this was anyone else they would of been serving time by now...

Agreed. He'll probably just have to resign. Hopefully something will happen, but with the current jerkoffs in DC, who knows?

Dan Morris
07-23-2010, 07:39 AM
My bet is he will walk and the soles whut elected him is he will continue to milk the system!
Dan

cciota
07-23-2010, 08:37 AM
A poor downtrodden black man from New York being wrongfully accused of ethical violations being found guilty of anything by this administration. PAAAAALEEEEEESE!

ltorlo64
07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
It was/is a travesty of justice that it has taken this long to indite him. The only thing that will be a bigger travesty is when his case is decided along party lines based on politics instead of on the merits of the case.

ATAK, Inc.
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
The committee decided against issuing formal charges against Rangel that could lead to punishment such as a censure.

The ethics committee will issue its findings in a report scheduled to be made public Friday.

Additional ethics investigations of Rangel's finances and fundraising are still under way, but they are not connected to the ruling on the Caribbean travel.

Pre-Obama, the status quo is to give him a pass, but if a republican the gallows would already be built.

In the Obama culture, he will be praised for some inane thing, this will be swept under the rug and he will continue on, and more than likely be re-elected!

God, I hope people have truly come to their senses and vote this scum out!

1 Patriot-of-many
07-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Like many...Fat chance anything substantial happens to him. We've already seen the IRS doesn't go after their taskmasters( look at half the people Obama appointed for example), and the Dems short of getting caught taking money on video, just slide on through.

That's so true ATAK on so many levels. These clowns in charge have gotten such a pass by the media and the goons they put in top slots to "police" them, it's impossible for any normal person to miss the hypocrisy and double standard.

mriddick
07-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Amongst other things he's being accused of profiting from a half billion dollar loop hole he put through, that's alot of coin even for a Congressman.

Oh and BTW Who wants the bet he gets re elected?

HDR
07-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Pre-Obama, the status quo is to give him a pass, but if a republican the gallows would already be built.

If he was a republican the gallows would have been long gone eaten by termites.

El Jefe
07-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Isn't Rangle's district basically Harlem?

old Grump
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
New York’s Fifteenth Congressional District is the quintessential American melting pot — a community built on a number of ethnicities and nationalities, each adding a new dimension of culture and character to the historic area. Predominantly Black in the early 1900s, the residents of New York’s Fifteenth now reflect a diverse mix of immigrants from Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and other Latin American ethnicities, as well as smaller European and Asian populations.

New York’s harlem.jpgFifteenth covers a broad range of neighborhoods, blanketing Upper Manhattan from East 96th Street and West 91st Street on up. Outside the borough of Manhattan, the Fifteenth stretches to include a small area of the Bronx, as well as Rikers Island, an incongruous appendage located off Manhattan in the East River and home to a New York City prison complex. At just 10 square miles, it is the smallest district in terms of geographic size in the country.

Hispanics make up a large plurality – 46 percent – of the population of New York’s Fifteenth, with non-Hispanic Blacks comprising approximately 37 percent of the population. The largest concentration of Blacks in the Fifteenth is in West-Central Harlem. East Harlem is dominated by a large Puerto Rican population; West Harlem and Washington Heights is home to large Dominican communities. Most of the Fifteenth’s non-Hispanic Whites live in the south end of the district in the Upper East Side; the Upper West Side, including the top portion of Central Park; a small portion of East Harlem, home to a longtime Italian-American community; and a portion of the Inwood neighborhood in the north.

http://rangel.house.gov/district.html

He is 80 years old, has money, is from an influential district and is an Obama supporter. they will prosecute him right after they prosecute the new Black Panthers for voter intimidation. I hope I'm wrong but I bet he retires and walks away laughing when he wants to walk and not one minute before.