PDA

View Full Version : MFS 7.62x39 primers???

deth502
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
i was perusing cabellas the other night, nothing that good to mention, other than these.

anyone have any experience with the MFS brand of x39 ammo?

its brass cased, im wondering if its reloadable boxer primed or not. it dosent say that it is anywhere on the box, so im guessing that means that it isint.

i bought one box for $7 to try out, if no one knows, ill shoot one off when i get a chance and check. for non reloadable ammo, imo, $7 is too high, brass or not, but if these are boxer primed cases, that price beats the next closest competitor, eagle, at $13 something a box.

Skip
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
MFS

deth502
12-06-2010, 07:18 PM
nice!!

think im gonna grab a bunch of these next time im at cabellas.

thanks for the info!

ATAK, Inc.
12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
MFS is Hungarian, I have some lead core grey laquer x39 dated 1981. Nice shooting stuff. No experience with any brass cased MFS ammo, sorry.

deth502
12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
yup, it does say its hungarian on the box, and thats about it.

not date stamped though. no dates or milsurp markings, just commercial looking headstamp like the photo skip posted.

i bought some 9mm a while back because it was so cheap, and it shot good. didnt check the cases, as i dont even bother to search for my 9mm brass anymore.

i just got a caliper and measured, they look like 308 bullets too, definately a commercial offering. looks like i found a good source of reloadable ammo cheap for my ruger mkII :thumbsup: