PDA

View Full Version : Good guy thread!

justinsaneok
12-07-2010, 04:15 AM
This thread is to say thanks to people who did things that were appreciated.
I want to say thanks to O.S.O.K For giving me a Houge 10/22 stock that he could have very well have sold to cover some of the cost of his new Boyds blaster stock. Then when I tried to see if he had use for something I had he said "whatever your thinking don't worry about it". I did however pass what I had on to someone else who needed it. He even paid the shipping to send this stock that he gave me for free so I just wanted to say thanks, what you did was very much appreciated. Every time I pick up that rifle to move it , shoot it , or clean it I'm reminded of your generous act to a fellow shooter. Thanks again!:thumbspbig:

chiak47
12-07-2010, 05:07 AM
An armed society is a polite society..:tommygun:

slamfire51
12-07-2010, 01:20 PM
This thread is to say thanks to people who did things that were appreciated.
I want to say thanks to O.S.O.K For giving me a Houge 10/22 stock that he could have very well have sold to cover some of the cost of his new Boyds blaster stock. Then when I tried to see if he had use for something I had he said "whatever your thinking don't worry about it". I did however pass what I had on to someone else who needed it. He even paid the shipping to send this stock that he gave me for free so I just wanted to say thanks, what you did was very much appreciated. Every time I pick up that rifle to move it , shoot it , or clean it I'm reminded of your generous act to a fellow shooter. Thanks again!:thumbspbig:

A member I'd like to recognize is TX DogBlaster.
He came to my aid when I needed help with a scope mount for my Mosin.
I drew up the plans for the mount an he made it exactly to my specs.
The scope when installed, needed only 4 clicks of adjustment to zero.
I can't thank him enough.

He also made a Hammer and Sickle to hang on the wall with my Mosins.
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?4671-AK-Waterjet-Art

Thanks again Buddy.

justinsaneok
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
An armed society is a polite society..:tommygun:

And thank you Chiak47 for inviting me to this nut house!

swampdragon
12-07-2010, 09:59 PM
A member I'd like to thank is 10/22sarcool......although I have no idea where he is these days.
He let me borrow and mailed to me an 11* target crown cutter I used on my AK.
It worked great and made the accuracy even better!

slamfire51
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I almost forgot about Krupski.
He loaned me a die and TAT to thread one of my pistols.
I do appreciate the loan.

Thanks again Krupski!!!

1 Patriot-of-many
12-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Thank you Redstar. Gave me good friendship and a couple rifles to boot. You're missed buddy.

O.S.O.K.
12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks Justinsaneok - you are most welcome and I'm glad you are enjoying it!

And please know that I have been on the receiveing end on this and other gun boards in the same manor. I just wish the CRS would allow me to remember and recant the good do'ers...

That's why I said to just pass it on :)

The gun community is populated with good folks in general. Even little things like somebody letting you shoot their gun at the range shows this.

Quite the contrast to the general public. Though, you do find decency and good acts there too - people holding the door for others or giving somebody change in the check-out line when they descover they're a bit short, etc.

justinsaneok
01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
I sure hope this thread just got lost!

mriddick
01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Ubersoldate sent me some Arizona Gunslinger hotsauce when I mentioned in a thread I liked it, of course now that he's moved to California he's dead to me (joking :)).

Videodon gave me a really nice AK pistol grip, that was really nice of him.

HDR
01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Ubersoldate sent me some Arizona Gunslinger hotsauce when I mentioned in a thread I liked it, of course now that he's moved to California he's dead to me (joking :)).

Good one.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

arcangel
01-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Id like to thank Mark Ducati for offering his friendship and good advice when times here were rough. Thanks again Mark.

l921428x
01-03-2011, 02:48 AM
I would like to say thanks for the members that showed up for the Ga. boy shoot in 06, Krup for software when i built this PC, to the others that have read my BS and offered good advise. Good, bad or indifferent in someway all contribute something.

ksuguy
01-03-2011, 11:51 AM
I think it was O.S.O.K who sent me an AK mag a few years ago for answering a trivia question. All the people I've bought and sold stuff with on the classified board have been good too.

Blacksmith
01-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks goes out to Ubersoldate!

For the Pop machine/gun safe he gave me when he lived in Phoenix. He also hooked me up with some work. Thanks my friend. :thumbsup: