PDA

View Full Version : What to do...break up and sell or keep it together...

mriddick
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Now that I have my sought after B barrel M39 I'm looking at moving my antique VKT I've been working on.

The back story...I bought the antique as a sporterized project to bring back to original, it was little more then a complete barreled action in a cutdown M39 stock. I've been able to get the nose piece, a rear band, a very nice (new) post war stock. But in searching for months I've not found the rear swivel, cleaning rod or the stock sling bar(?) so the rifle as it sets is incomplete lacking these 3 parts

Since it's incomplete I'm sure trying to sell it as is is going to be met with low ball offers you'd expect such a weapon to bring. However being an antique I can sell it on GB and probably get a decent amount even if just a sporterized long gun in a cut down stock (I would put it in back in the stock as I got it). I also believe the stock without the metal would go for quite abit, the metal I have (nose piece and band) would just be sold for whatever I could get separately.... All together I think it's worth more in parts then complete.

Since I got it sporterized and it's still incomplete why do I feel bad breaking it apart even if it probably benefits me the most? What would you do? I really don't want or need it so it's not going to hang around regardless so don't try and talk me into keeping it (unless you got the parts I need :) ) it just bugs me setting around incomplete...

aliceinchains
12-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Sorry i can't help you out on the parts. But as you know they are hard to find. I certainly would hang on to the new stock. You might want that down the road.

Part the gun out if you can make money on it. Bubba already butchered it.

vit
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
No However being an antique I can sell it on GB and probably get a decent amount even if just a sporterized long gun in a cut down stock (I would put it in back in the stock as I got it). I also believe the stock without the metal would go for quite abit, the metal I have (nose piece and band) would just be sold for whatever I could get separately.... All together I think it's worth more in parts then complete.

I agree, this would bring in the most money. Restoring some of these rifles back to original always costs more than expected.

aliceinchains
12-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I agree, this would bring in the most money. Restoring some of these rifles back to original always costs more than expected.

Aint that the truth Vit. Been down that road to many times.