PDA

View Full Version : Photos of The Warlord (Too much time and vodka = this)

Warlord
07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Last night I was on my way to the bottom of a bottle of vodka and decided, hey let me get the camera out and take a couple of geared up photos for the guys to enjoy, diden't want to have all this fun by myself so here goes :lets-drink:

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord015.jpg?1279983566

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord018.jpg?1279984564

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord011.jpg?1279984769

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord014.jpg?1279984888

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord022.jpg?1279984985

The last one is a bit over the top, but I just had to include it :smiley_freak:

OK lets here it :think::rolleyes:

Moebrown20
07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Where's the can opener?

O.S.O.K.
07-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Shouldn't you have upgraded to digicam by now?

cciota
07-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Your one of those people the media warns us about! You know, one of them there right wing wackos with those evil assault rifles. Be afraid, be very afraid! :wow:

matshock
07-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Magpul front sight on a gas block?

Warlord
07-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Where's the can opener?

I'll let you guess :naughty:

Warlord
07-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Shouldn't you have upgraded to digicam by now?

Thought I had one? Mabe a bit old but does the trick.

Warlord
07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Your one of those people the media warns us about! You know, one of them there right wing wackos with those evil assault rifles. Be afraid, be very afraid! :wow:

Yep that's me :thgunssmall:

Warlord
07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Magpul front sight on a gas block?

No problems, everything is on a DD Omega rail and co witnesses perfectly. As far as heat I've had no problems, it's a damn tough sight.

matshock
07-23-2010, 01:00 PM
No problems, everything is on a DD Omega rail and co witnesses perfectly. As far as heat I've had no problems, it's a damn tough sight.

Magpul says it will melt if it's on a hot gas block.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG245/45

Check Under "specs" tab.

EDIT: I at least want your BUIS to work after your EOTech breaks :frech11:

Warlord
07-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Magpul says it will melt if it's on a hot gas block.

That's not what I was told and have had no problems (yet).

Thanks for the link, guess I'll move it just to err on the side of caution.

"EDIT: I at least want your BUIS to work after your EOTech breaks "

That would help :eek1:

O.S.O.K.
07-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Thought I had one? Mabe a bit old but does the trick.

No. Digicamo - Digital Camophlage.

matshock
07-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I nearly did the same thing- I actually had to switch to a MI gas block FS because I don't have a rail otherwise.

I still use a Magpul rear sight though- works great.

HDR
07-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Pouches in the front can be attention getting when the need to cuddle up and very quickly with mother earth arises.

JVD
07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Your flag is backwards :nono:

matshock
07-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Pouches in the front can be attention getting when the need to cuddle up and very quickly with mother earth arises.

It seems all the modern rigs are front heavy- "high speed".

I use a rhodesian style split vest- it spreads out when you land on your belly instead of up and in.

Krupski
07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Last night I was on my way to the bottom of a bottle of vodka and decided, hey let me get the camera out and take a couple of geared up photos for the guys to enjoy, diden't want to have all this fun by myself so here goes :lets-drink:

The Flag is backwards.

printerman
07-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Thank you for applying for the new psycho spot here on Gunsnet , sha-damn I used to get all that slack from just a rad rifle ....

AKTexas
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
What?No light saber?

FunkyPertwee
07-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Whats all that for, buggout?

Seems it would be easy for someone to mis-identify you.

Also, masks make you threatening to possibly freindly forces. I know I don't trust a man who can't show his face.

I'd like to have a complete settup like this, but with some way of identifying myself as a freindly. Maybe a "Dont tread on me" patch or something. And maybe OD instead of camo. Or hunting camo instead of Army camo.

Krupski
07-23-2010, 06:39 PM

Also, masks make you threatening to possibly freindly forces. I know I don't trust a man who can't show his face.

I'd like to have a complete settup like this, but with some way of identifying myself as a freindly. Maybe a "Dont tread on me" patch or something. And maybe OD instead of camo. Or hunting camo instead of Army camo.

I would say:
(1) If I see him and
(2) I'm not shot in the head yet
then
...he's probably a good guy.

DesertDawg
07-23-2010, 07:38 PM

If what little warlord has taken pics of get you that paranoid, you would piss yourself to see what I roll out with...

gpwasr10
07-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Thank you for applying for the new psycho spot here on Gunsnet , sha-damn I used to get all that slack from just a rad rifle ....

Hey printerman! Good to see you made it back.

And indeed, the rifle is "Rad".

HDR
07-23-2010, 08:24 PM

So what would you do at night, carry a flashlight?

Krupski
07-23-2010, 08:27 PM

Here ya go P-Man... just for you:

http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~krupski/images/ultra-rad.jpg

FunkyPertwee
07-23-2010, 09:06 PM
So what would you do at night, carry a flashlight?

Yes, a flashlight and a rainbow patch to let everyone know I'm a sweet boy.

Anyway, it all depends on the situation.

If you saw that whats in that picture coming down your street 2 weeks into no power, are you going to let him get close enough to find out what he is? Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?

I don't want to be shot by a paranoid civilian, or by individuals looking to target a would-be active guardsmen during times of chaos, like police and firefighters were shot at by criminals after Katrina. I'd rather find a way to to go by unnoticed, when possible.

I was just wondering if anyone had already thought of ways to maintain combat superiority over average civilians, while not setting yourself up as a target by being mis-identified. Also, any police or military that may be operating in a lawless portion of America may engage you without second thought.

Is that line of thinking incorrect?

El Jefe
07-23-2010, 09:09 PM
and a rainbow patch to let everyone know I'm a sweet boy.

:roflwithfeetcv2::roflwithfeetcv2::roflwithfeetcv2 :

El Jefe
07-23-2010, 09:11 PM
If I saw some mall-ninja dumbfuck sneaking around my backyard dressed like that I think I'd have to let the buckshot fly first and ask questions later.

matshock
07-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Anyway, it all depends on the situation.

If you saw that whats in that picture coming down your street 2 weeks into no power, are you going to let him get close enough to find out what he is? Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?

I don't want to be shot by a paranoid civilian, or by individuals looking to target a would-be active guardsmen during times of chaos, like police and firefighters were shot at by criminals after Katrina. I'd rather find a way to to go by unnoticed, when possible.

I was just wondering if anyone had already thought of ways to maintain combat superiority over average civilians, while not setting yourself up as a target by being mis-identified. Also, any police or military that may be operating in a lawless portion of America may engage you without second thought.

Over-thinking.

There's just no telling what will happen. He could ditch any amount of that gear depending on the situation.

Maybe the police all quit or were laid off?

Maybe the Military are all fighting WWWIII in a foreign land?

Maybe WWWIII went nuclear and he bugged out to the wilderness?

Or maybe he's just part of his neighborhood garrison and being a scary MF wards off looters/raiders but his neighbors all know he's THEIR scary MF and love him for it.

In short, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

chiak47
07-23-2010, 09:36 PM
So this is how tier-1 operator's look. :think2:

chiak47
07-23-2010, 09:37 PM
If what little warlord has taken pics of get you that paranoid, you would piss yourself to see what I roll out with...

10mm and a thong? :lol:

FunkyPertwee
07-23-2010, 10:14 PM
In short, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I agree with that. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to draw less attention while in combat mode. I suppose if someone is creeping around with a rifle, it won't matter how they dress.

However, If the towns gone to hell and there are armed individual raoming about, looking like a commando may draw unwanted attention from other armed individuals. But I guess dressing like Snake
Plisken wouldn't be any better.

weevil
07-23-2010, 10:35 PM
WTF???

Been watching Mad Max movies or something?

matshock
07-23-2010, 10:39 PM
10mm and a thong? :lol:

Thart would scare the shit outta me right there.

Moebrown20
07-23-2010, 10:51 PM

A crashed truck, speedos, one combat boot, ar in one hand, a bottle of wine in the other and the cork in your ass.

Yeah, I would be scared if drove down my block too!

Warlord
07-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Refer to below post, system error I guess. :redface:

Warlord
07-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Your flag is backwards :nono:

Damn camera, for some reason or another takes a mirror image, the flag was hung correctly :proudusa:. Of all the questions or concerns this was of the upmost important.

As for other peoples concerns, relax. I'm one of you, served this country for 9 years. My first loyalty is to the constitution of the United States of America, not any person, not any leader, but to the very foundings of this country, the "Law of the land". As for the question about SHTF gear, yes just "the tip of the iceburg" but that is a small part of my rig. DD I'm with you bro.

(Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee)
"If you saw that whats in that picture coming down your street 2 weeks into no power, are you going to let him get close enough to find out what he is? Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?"

Don't worry you would not see me, and I'm not comming looking for you.

"I don't want to be shot by a paranoid civilian, or by individuals looking to target a would-be active guardsmen during times of chaos, like police and firefighters were shot at by criminals after Katrina. I'd rather find a way to to go by unnoticed, when possible."

Are you kidding, I'm not going running through the streets dressed like that, I have stelth technology :lol: That was just fucking stupid!

"I was just wondering if anyone had already thought of ways to maintain combat superiority over average civilians, while not setting yourself up as a target by being mis-identified. Also, any police or military that may be operating in a lawless portion of America may engage you without second thought.

Is that line of thinking incorrect? "

No it's not. If you cannot maintain "combat superiority" or just superiority in general over untrained, undisciplined, unorganized persons your already fucked. As far as the LEO's go, don't you think they will have bigger fish to fry in a SHTF senerio, they don't want to fuck with that, trust me they want to go home. :firedevil:

Wow guess I started a lil shit storm :wow:

JTHunter
07-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Hhmm - looks like somebody likes The Doctor! Is Pertwee your favorite? What do you think of the new series?
Check this club's site: http://www.stlcia.org/

remy1492
07-24-2010, 01:19 AM
I would stencil (in atf fbi style) on the back "NOT GOVERNMENT" so you don't get mistaken by a montana anti-gov type.
Or use some civvie clothes mixed in.

HDR
07-24-2010, 05:06 AM

Unless you are part of the 42ID, the only place your rainbow patch would work is in San Francisco.
If there would be a need to "dress" like that; then only an idiot would be out at night using a flashlight. As it will wear off quickly, don't worry too much about the sweet boy part.

Well, I spent a week and a half without power so my best guess is I'd probably LMAO at the idiot.
My "street" is a dirt road in the middle of a forest so what I'd see is the usual neighbors, bear, deer, some yotes, feral cats and the kind of turkey that has feathers.

Then stay off the streets or at minimum travel at night without the flashlight. Depending on your orientation, the rainbow patch would be an optional choice item.

AFA Katrina, I would have missed it by leaving town after I saw the weather report.

I can maintain "combat superiority" dressed in jeans and a tee shirt. By your own words, it seems the common sense answer would be not to be wandering around looking as if you want a fight.
Camouflage means you blend in; not you stick out. Soldiers wear camouflage; not refugees. So right now, you in camouflage dressed to kill with a flashlight with a Rainbow patch really sticks out; don't it.

Point is, as you are trying so hard to cover everything under the sun you are making it way, way too complicated. You can't cover all the angles; most times all you can do is react to them.

Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?

He could also be the point man for a large force; as he is already on your street they are close also. If you shoot him, they will grind you up. Now, how would you enter that into your "Remington 700" equation?
Hint, knowing how far in front a point man is in front of the main force is a good thing to know here. Which as usual demonstrates the mind is the weapon.

Beat feet and avoid is your best answer, or flank him to wait and see just what you are dealing with.

mriddick
07-24-2010, 05:18 AM
I predict the last picture will come back to haunt you... :)

HDR
07-24-2010, 05:41 AM
True, it is probably saved on a bunch of hard drives.

ready
07-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Posting pictures on the internet is like shooting a gun. Once it's posted, there's no taking it back.

Ruskiegunlover
07-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Ha, I was already going to try and photoshop it to add some armband swastica's, maybe 1 on the helmet.......

ha ha, ha, hahahahahaha

Warlord
07-24-2010, 09:31 AM

LOL!! Yea that's what I was thinking just before I hit the "Submit" button. I just couldn't resist, it was too good :dizzy: all in good fun.

ready
Posting pictures on the internet is like shooting a gun. Once it's posted, there's no taking it back.

Ain't it the truth :dark3:

Ruskiegunlover
Ha, I was already going to try and photoshop it to add some armband swastica's, maybe 1 on the helmet.......

ha ha, ha, hahahahahaha

Mabe I can help get you started, here you go...

http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/images/nimoy_nazi.jpg

HDR
True, it is probably saved on a bunch of hard drives.

:hungio8:

Warlord
07-24-2010, 09:41 AM
No. Digicamo - Digital Camophlage.

O.S.O.K.,

I misunderstood.

I'm not a fan of the new uniforms, IMO the old BDU's work much better in my environment.

El Jefe
07-24-2010, 10:10 AM
O.S.O.K.,

I misunderstood.

I'm not a fan of the new uniforms, IMO the old BDU's work much better in my environment.

Yeah, I'm sure they never see you coming at the mall arcade.

Warlord
07-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I'm sure they never see you coming at the mall arcade.

No I have a special issue for that, mall ninja.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/simplyrugged/internet-soldier.jpg

BTW I fixed the photos in my original post, couldn't bare to look at the flag reversed. :embarrassed:

hi_capacity
07-24-2010, 12:46 PM
BTW I fixed the photos in my original post, couldn't bare to look at the flag reversed. :embarrassed:

Yeah, but now your "left handed" AR has a dust cover opening in the wrong direction.

FunkyPertwee
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I can maintain "combat superiority" dressed in jeans and a tee shirt. By your own words, it seems the common sense answer would be not to be wandering around looking as if you want a fight.
Camouflage means you blend in; not you stick out. Soldiers wear camouflage; not refugees. So right now, you in camouflage dressed to kill with a flashlight with a Rainbow patch really sticks out; don't it.

Point is, as you are trying so hard to cover everything under the sun you are making it way, way too complicated. You can't cover all the angles; most times all you can do is react to them.

He could also be the point man for a large force; as he is already on your street they are close also. If you shoot him, they will grind you up. Now, how would you enter that into your "Remington 700" equation?
Hint, knowing how far in front a point man is in front of the main force is a good thing to know here. Which as usual demonstrates the mind is the weapon.

Beat feet and avoid is your best answer, or flank him to wait and see just what you are dealing with.

Thanks for the reply. Those are the kinds of things I was thinking about, but your right, the answer is obvious. Since I'm not a military bad ass, I shouldn't dress like one. Some people are and I should probably just avoid that in any bad situation.

Nice setup Warlord. I didn't mean to stir up your thread.

El Jefe
07-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. Those are the kinds of things I was thinking about, but your right, the answer is obvious. Since I'm not a military bad ass, I shouldn't dress like one. Some people are and I should probably just avoid that in any bad situation.

Sure you did, or should have, this thread is a total wankfest! :nutkick:

HDR
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM

The military high speed low drag types, aka bad asses are in the military. Anyone believing any different is only kidding themselves.

Why would anyone want to look like their point man is another question.

Camouflage:
a : concealment by means of disguise b : behavior or artifice designed to deceive or hide

Your mileage could vary but around here any camouflage outfit walking up my "street" would do more to catch attention than deceive or hide.

FunkyPertwee
07-24-2010, 02:03 PM
The military high speed low drag types, aka bad asses are in the military. Anyone believing any different is only kidding themselves.

Why would anyone want to look like their point man is another question.

Camouflage:
a : concealment by means of disguise b : behavior or artifice designed to deceive or hide

Your mileage could vary but around here any camouflage outfit walking up my "street" would do more to catch attention than deceive or hide.

Around here, any military type dress would catch attention, but many areas of "town" here are populated by individuals who wear hunting type camo year round.

I live near Charleston SC, and imagine that participating with the self-organized civilian groups that would surface would be the only way to survive lawlessness. Camo for me would be local redneck attire.

American Rage
07-24-2010, 02:26 PM
My 'cammies' consist of faded blue overalls, a light tan field jacket, steel toed boots, a dark bandana (if needed), gloves, a baseball cap and shades.

I figure I blend in as well as any blue collar guy from flyover USA.

Rage

HDR
07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
My 'cammies' consist of faded blue overalls, a light tan field jacket, steel toed boots, a dark bandana (if needed), gloves, a baseball cap and shades.

I figure I blend in as well as any blue collar guy from flyover USA.

Rage

I went computer geeky today, jeans, boots, an old netscape tee shirt and a High Power.

Warlord
07-24-2010, 08:55 PM
"Yeah, but now your "left handed" AR has a dust cover opening in the wrong direction".

Some people are just fuckin nit pickers, OK just for you lets all pretend it's a Stag Arms left hand set up. OK!

FunkyPertwee

"Nice setup Warlord. I didn't mean to stir up your thread".

Jefferson

"Sure you did, or should have, this thread is a total wankfest!"

:wankers: Guess who's in the middle, the head "wanker himself. :punch:

Krupski
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord015.jpg?1279983566

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord018.jpg?1279984564

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord011.jpg?1279984769

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord014.jpg?1279984888

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/warlordsbunker/warlord022.jpg?1279984985

Now your rifle is backwards.

JVD
07-24-2010, 08:59 PM

He just can't win :roflmao:

El Jefe
Some people are just fuckin nit pickers, OK just for you lets all pretend it's a Stag Arms left hand set up. OK!

:wankers: Guess who's in the middle, the head "wanker himself. :punch:

Um, whatever, you're still a mall ranger wannabe.

Warlord

O God another one, view above post please. :dizzy:

Jefferson

"Um, whatever, you're still a mall ranger wannabe".

OK you got me, guess I can't fool someone in the know like you.
:lol:

Krupski
07-24-2010, 09:00 PM

This one?

http://three-dog.homelinux.com/phpBB3/images/warlord022.jpg

Krupski
07-24-2010, 09:05 PM
O God another one, view above post please. :dizzy:

Yup I did it again... posted before reading all of them. http://www.gunsnet.net/images/smilies/dizzy.gif

Warlord
07-24-2010, 09:16 PM
This one?

OMG that's fucking priceless! I knew it was only a matter of time. :roflmao:

hi_capacity
07-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by hi_capacity
"Yeah, but now your "left handed" AR has a dust cover opening in the wrong direction".

Fine, no prob here. Since we're into pretending, do you want us to pretend you never said this?

[QUOTE=Warlord;6733]Damn camera, for some reason or another takes a mirror image, the flag was hung correctly :proudusa:. Of all the questions or concerns this was of the upmost important.

If that were true, your dust cover would have appeared the way it did in your second photo where you did reverse it. Have a nice day.

justinsaneok
07-25-2010, 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=Warlord;7203]Some people are just fuckin nit pickers, OK just for you lets all pretend it's a Stag Arms left hand set up. OK!

Fine, no prob here. Since we're into pretending, do you want us to pretend you never said this?

If that were true, your dust cover would have appeared the way it did in your second photo where you did reverse it. Have a nice day.

Give him a break, He was signaling distress and got confused. Upside down Warlord. BTW love the rifle. Nice optics.

Warlord
07-25-2010, 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=Warlord;7203]Some people are just fuckin nit pickers, OK just for you lets all pretend it's a Stag Arms left hand set up. OK!

Not true. If you look at the front of helmet band it had my name written on the front, (I had to photo shop it out). It was also backward in the original photo, don't ask me how but it was. :tongue:

justinsaneok

"Give him a break, He was signaling distress and got confused. Upside down Warlord. BTW love the rifle. Nice optics".

Yea yea... :think: that's it LOL!!!

BTW thanks for the compliment, and may the force be with you ;)

hi_capacity
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=hi_capacity;7368]Originally Posted by hi_capacity

Give him a break, He was signaling distress and got confused. Upside down Warlord. BTW love the rifle. Nice optics.

Yeah, you're right. Let's let this one sink to the bottom. Have to agree....nice carbine.

l921428x
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I just think you are so cute, have another drink and I'll have one wit you.

Warlord
07-26-2010, 09:36 PM
I just think you are so cute, have another drink and I'll have one wit you.

I'll drink to that! :lets-drink:

justinsaneok;7488

nice carbine.

Thanks!

Bluedog
07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Uhm, how old are you?

Warlord
07-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Uhm, how old are you?

Let me answer your question with a question.

What's that have to do with anything? Just havin fun dog :hoo-yeah:

Krupski
07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Uhm, how old are you?

Gotta be at least 21 to get a Light Saber permit...

daemon734
07-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Holy shit.

HDR
07-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Gotta be at least 21 to get a Light Saber permit...

Only where you live; here we have to be an adult....