PDA

View Full Version : Rare Polytechs up for sale

AKJAY
12-10-2010, 02:27 PM
.223 double u/f for sale #2 and #3 1500.00 ea. nib

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=236121

These are NIB AK-.223s. Serials Numbers 2 & 3 from Kengs Firearms imports.
The former President of Kengs owns #1 of each of the co. imports.
These belong to a friend and only came with 1 factory mag from the vendor.
These were purchased in 1994 and have been in the safe ever since.
They are both double folders. bayonets and stocks.
Price is for cash or MO. I can take CCs on these, but there will be 3.5% added to total.
Both come in the factory box with any papers that were in there.
Please call or email for more info:
480-945-0242 off
480-221-9979 cell

AKJAY
12-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Serial #2 Sold.:biggrina:

imanaknut
12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Nice find!

Seller indicates that the former president of Keng's owned the rifles. Since David Keng is the owner, and was the importer, is he the former president since he has retired? Did he sell the company?

I checked his website, or at least the current Poly Tech site and prices on remaining inventory are way up!

Honestly I think old David is getting out of the business since ATF will not allow him to resupply his stock. Too bad ATF is using import and interstate commerce to derail our second amendment rights.

As to these two rifles, as rare as the double underfolder .223 is, $1500 is a good price. Taking the serial number into account, it is a great price!

MJ1
12-11-2010, 12:50 AM
I met David Keng in '85 at a Cow Palace show and he gave us passes to the '86 SOF show for general admission but also invited us to a demo of his then new M16 100 round magazine, I think he had a 120 round magazine also. Very impressive demo for the day. When the M16 went dry he had to throw it away and his hand was burned. Sunday he did it again but had some cooking mittens on, LOL. I have a magazine I got from him that has his new logo on the back. He bailed when B1 stopped the imports of ammo and accessories from China. The Clt 1 folded to sara b. and stopped the hand gun ammo from Norinco because Levi jeans were being made by prisoners in jail as a slave labor. I believe that was about the same time he let Ben L loose so he cold plan bigger things. Well that's what it looked like when we lost access to good 7.62X25, 9mm and .223. The other shoe fell before Norinco .45 ACP got any recordable amount unloaded at Long Beach in the best cargo loading area that Clintons sold the Chinese for $1. No history buffs here eh? I would still buy a Norinco 1911 .45 ACP Pistol over a Colt 1911 made today.. There is more,,,

aliceinchains
12-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I met David Keng in '85 at a Cow Palace show and he gave us passes to the '86 SOF show for general admission but also invited us to a demo of his then new M16 100 round magazine, I think he had a 120 round magazine also. Very impressive demo for the day. When the M16 went dry he had to throw it away and his hand was burned. Sunday he did it again but had some cooking mittens on, LOL. I have a magazine I got from him that has his new logo on the back. He bailed when B1 stopped the imports of ammo and accessories from China. The Clt 1 folded to sara b. and stopped the hand gun ammo from Norinco because Levi jeans were being made by prisoners in jail as a slave labor. I believe that was about the same time he let Ben L loose so he cold plan bigger things. Well that's what it looked like when we lost access to good 7.62X25, 9mm and .223. The other shoe fell before Norinco .45 ACP got any recordable amount unloaded at Long Beach in the best cargo loading area that Clintons sold the Chinese for $1. No history buffs here eh? I would still buy a Norinco 1911 .45 ACP Pistol over a Colt 1911 made today.. There is more,,,

Great post my friend. You always have something positive to share. I enjoy having you on this board. You make it a better place and i mean that Jack.

archivist dick
12-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I've no idea what Mr Keng is doing these days. Yet I have sweet memories of him from days-of-yore. He is/was a very generous man.

My preliminary contact was by telephone when I inquired, back in 1991 (or so) about his diminishing stock of Chinese Broomhandle Mauser (7.62mm) pistols. He explained he had a few left and that I should expect a telephone call in a day or two.

True to his word, I pulled the phone later and heard that he had taken five samples down into his residential basement where he test fired the lot and selected the tightest shooting one for me! We did the deal and true to his assertion, I received a perforated paper target with my order. What a guy. That's what I call going the extra mile for a customer.

Subsequently, I transferred to another client a Sino-Sov Type 56 carbine (SKS) advertised as unfired. Unpon inspection we found some carbon. Boo hoo. At my friends insistence I called David to report an in inaccuracy in his print copy at SHOTGUN NEWS. The gentleman from Atlanta shocked me a second time. He insisted on "making good" and sent, totally unsolicited, a six pocket AK gunners apron stuffed with PolyTech-brand magazines! Would anyone care to guess what that package could go for in 2010?

The man is a legend and a paragon of the gun culture in my estimation. Figures, doesn't it, that Uncle Sam would put its boot on his neck. I recall an "investigative" piece on his business published with much ballyhoo in the WASHINGTON POST, back in 1993. I clipped it and sent the drivel down for his information with sadness and regret.

EddieB310
02-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Is the other rifle available ?