PDA

View Full Version : People are moving out of northern states and into southern states.... in general

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2010, 12:35 PM
But the inability to sell one's house (or the bad conditions to do so) is slowing this down...

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/top-10-states-people-are-fleeing.html

Looks like North Carolina and Texas are good markets to move to for a job - both in the top five according to this report.

Makes sense - if things suck where you are and there's opportunity elsewhere, then people are going to move.

I've personaly moved 8 times since graduating from college - for various reasons but mostly for job promotions and changes - opportunity.

I was watching the History channel this morning - about the western expansion. Americans picked up and moved west to get free land and wealth.

We've been doing this a long time.

I don't think you see this to the same degree in Europe? It's one of the things that allows the US to handle economic change.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-11-2010, 12:44 PM
But the inability to sell one's house (or the bad conditions to do so) is slowing this down...

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/top-10-states-people-are-fleeing.html

Looks like North Carolina and Texas are good markets to move to for a job - both in the top five according to this report.

Makes sense - if things suck where you are and there's opportunity elsewhere, then people are going to move.

I've personaly moved 8 times since graduating from college - for various reasons but mostly for job promotions and changes - opportunity.

I was watching the History channel this morning - about the western expansion. Americans picked up and moved west to get free land and wealth.

We've been doing this a long time.

I don't think you see this to the same degree in Europe? It's one of the things that allows the US to handle economic change.

Trouble is just like the states next to CA, you get the independent normal Amercians in those states diluted by statist fuckheads who want to create a new cesspool.

L1A1Rocker
12-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Unfortunatly they bring their northern ways with them. Then they promptly start voting their northern ways in the local politics. Really SUCKS!!!!

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Not always - I don't know the facts on that so I can't really discuss it intellegently.

I can say that I moved to Texas (for the second time) ... lets see, something like 12 years ago and I would be happy to see the Republic of Texas reformed if things get bad and the likes of California, Michigan and NY start demanding that we pay for their marxist policies and resulting huge debt loads. That's completely in-line with the natives which make up most of the people that think this way.

I know what you're saying about Phoenix and such though.

But, didn't you both come from other states?

1 Patriot-of-many
12-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah I was from PA which wasn't half as leftist as MN. So they got a bargain when I moved. I'm as Libertarian leaning as you can get.

I'm talking new englander's moving to Texas or SE states mainly....

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I know a guy that grew up in Brooklyn that's a books and guides hunting trips and lives in Texas now - he was also in the FBI. He's extremely conservative - and a good guy.

We do have our libtard centers here in Texas already - Austin for example. Fucking idiots.

I have to endure Lloyd Dogget as my congressman because my district extends up into Austin - and they dominate the poplulation of the district. So I have a marxist tool for a representative. Pisses me off.

But I do think that many people, when exposed to freedom, come to appreciate it as much if not more so than the indiginous folk...

Perhaps not enough...

L1A1Rocker
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Ya'll may be right. I may be confusing the past retirees and transplants of the past with who is moving now. I do know that the retirees and the transplants of the past (think 10 plus years back) have really reeked havoc on the political structure in small towns in the Texas Hill Country.

I really hope the new batch are a better lot looking for a better place, and not looking to make things just like home.

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh, I have no clue as to the overall make-up of these new "imigrants" :lool:

I just have seen some examples of the opposite... so maybe it's not as bad as it seems?

Regardless, we can't even control illegal Mexicans let along legal US citizens from moving here ;)

Gunner1558
12-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm guilty of being a retiree, and would move to Tecas in a heartbeat, but my bride wouldn't consider moving away from her family, so I'm stuck here in the highest taxed area of the whole USA, New York State.

Born Free, Taxed To Death.

justinsaneok
12-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Well I'm from Ohio and I am a hard core libertarian worked for a living never collected unemployment or took anything for free but OSOK houge stock. So the south got lucky on my arrival. I live in Oklahoma now and everyone down here in my new town with a few exceptions is a pathetic, shameless drain on the working class. It makes me sick. LA rocker is making a broad statement with his north south bullshit. I bet he thinks the civil war was was about slavery. Bold statement buddy aimed at a whole group is a libtard way of looking at things. By the way ALL of my family was from the south and back in the day fought as southerners and won battles for the south.

jojo
12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Unfortunatly they bring their northern ways with them. Then they promptly start voting their northern ways in the local politics. Really SUCKS!!!!

Amen

justinsaneok
12-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Amen

F u 2

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I think he was talking about Chili three ways, fried smelt and ludefisk.... :lol:

Seriously, all conservatives and libertarians are welcome in Texas (and other nearby conservative states - like OK) regardless of where they come from (by me anyway). :welcome4:

It is scary though when you look at Phoenix as an example - it was a nice place to live at one time and then WHAM! Comiefornia escapees flooded in and the first thing they do is try an turn it into the very thing that they fled from. And as mentioned, this happened to the hill country to a degree too. Stupid fools.

L1A1Rocker
12-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Well I'm from Ohio and I am a hard core libertarian worked for a living never collected unemployment or took anything for free but OSOK houge stock. So the south got lucky on my arrival. I live in Oklahoma now and everyone down here in my new town with a few exceptions is a pathetic, shameless drain on the working class. It makes me sick. LA rocker is making a broad statement with his north south bullshit. I bet he thinks the civil war was was about slavery. Bold statement buddy aimed at a whole group is a libtard way of looking at things. By the way ALL of my family was from the south and back in the day fought as southerners and won battles for the south.

Why don't you just go piss on a spark plug. You don't know shit about what I've seen in local politics and how the demographic shift has affected people and their way of lives. People move in to their (three acre) ranches and get pissed about gun shots they can hear. Let cats run loose to destroy the quail population. Want to live "natureal" and have never heard about clearing fire breaks. DUMB shits - aparently just like you.

Broad statements my ass I HAVE FUCKING LIVED IT DUMBASS.

I bet he thinks the civil war was was about slavery.
Pulled that one out of your ass there didn't you. How about "I bet you were born from insest. Just as equally valid as I know just as much of you as you do me. Please see my first suggestion.

Bold statement buddy aimed at a whole group is a libtard way of looking at things.
What a bunch of inflamatory crap. Nothing but an unsolicited personal attack.

By the way ALL of my family was from the south and back in the day fought as southerners and won battles for the south.
I don't give a rats ass about any of that crap. For some reason you want to instigate something with me for stating my openions and observations. FUCK YOU!!!

justinsaneok
12-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I think he was talking about Chili three ways, fried smelt and ludefisk.... :lol:

Seriously, all conservatives and libertarians are welcome in Texas (and other nearby conservative states - like OK) regardless of where they come from (by me anyway). :welcome4:

It is scary though when you look at Phoenix as an example - it was a nice place to live at one time and then WHAM! Comiefornia escapees flooded in and the first thing they do is try an turn it into the very thing that they fled from. And as mentioned, this happened to the hill country to a degree too. Stupid fools.
I agree with that, however to put people in one large group like that is retarded. If the gun grabbers say that because guns are sometimes used in crimes people who own guns are mostly criminals because they have guns that could be used in crimes doesn't make it true. Just like l1a1rocker in mentality grouping all gun owners in a group and condemning them for what others have done in the group is what we all are fighting with everyday. With are struggles for freedom and are right to bear arms. So to say something like L1A1 said is just the shit we are all trying to overcome as a free public. Getting are rights and freedoms stripped away by some douche bag who things because what few people do all can not have a choice because they can't be trusted with it. By getting grouped in with what a few people do. Saying that all northerners are liberal democrats is like saying all southerners fuck their cousins. JUST NOT TRUE The first thing I did down here was take my free time to help elect a republican constitutionalist that served 17 years in the military, worked for veteran affairs, and wants to open a training facility for the public to teach gun safety, marksmanship, and tactics. Thats my idea of a state representative. I worked hard to get rid of the democrat that never shows up to vote gun laws in. I went against the good old boy system and the LOCAL democrat liberals that lived here their whole life and talked to people to get votes for someone who would live by their word and the constitution of are state and country. We are working on open carry. I AM doing something but talk shit about people I don't know. So L1A1 can kiss my ass. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about OSOK

justinsaneok
12-11-2010, 05:37 PM
O ya by the way I hate cats.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-11-2010, 05:42 PM
O ya by the way I hate cats.

Well see now we all have something in common.....

justinsaneok
12-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I did live in the country and had cops over my house making fun of the new people that moved in after city slicker people want to move in the new development that went in due to my neighbors son selling his 300 ac farm when he kicked the bucket. Fire up the dragster, cops come, shoot, cops come, do wheelies down the street on my mottocross bike, cops come, cops had to go every time one of the new assholes called them. They would sit and watch me do wheelies. They didn't give a shit. They new thats why I moved to BFE. To not deal with assholes. Thing is they are everywhere. Good luck getting away from them even down here on the outside of a small ass town they are everywhere. It changes everywhere for everyone I will not however judge people for where they lived. Just what the do and say.

imanaknut
12-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Biggest reason northerners are moving south is that we were lied to. We were told that we were going to have global warming, but all we keep getting are record low temps.

Heck, this December so far our high has only been above our normal low for a couple of hours.

And about that Brooklyn guy, hey I represent that!!! Born and raised in Brooklyn and the outlying area, and if you were to enter my home in Indiana, you would trip all over things which would blow the mind of a left wing current New Yorker. Just stubbed my toe on an AK variant just getting to the computer to write this!

Surly
12-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Keep in mind South Dakota is still in the north and everyone is welcome to move out of it too.

Dan Morris
12-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Was thinkin bout goin back to Texas when I retire........dang, things are really changing there! Kinda makes me have second thoughts on stayin where I'm at......
Dan

Hey Surly....welcome back!!!

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Keep in mind South Dakota is still in the north and everyone is welcome to move out of it too.

:lool:

davepool
12-11-2010, 10:33 PM
When i was a kid and traveling around the country while my dad was in the army,few people i met even knew where Phoenix was. When i was a senior in high school the population in the valley was roughly 1,000,000 now 40 years later its over 6 million,not including our unaccounted for "visitors from the south''

Funny how americans are moving to the south and mexicans are moving to the north :)

davepool
12-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Also,welcome back Surly...BTW the 40 round mags that i won and you donated for the "old gunsnet" raffle work GREAT,thanks

renegadebuck
12-12-2010, 12:01 AM

I've been looking at land in SD and Montana. Welcome back Surly!

slamfire51
12-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Disclaimer:
Not all Northerners fit this description, but if you do, oh well. :frech11:

We in the South have noted that those who move from the North tend to be load mouth, know-it-alls. There is a person that moved within a 1/2mile of me and he has managed to alienate all his neighbors around him by telling his neighbors they are wrong when they do something. My UPS driver sold him the house he lives in and then built a new one one next to him. We all rag his ass for selling to him, and he apologizes all the time. :laughingtohard:

Some from the North are "Southern normal", but most are just plain assholes.

BTW, wasn't there a gate on the Mason Dixon Line at one time??

stevelyn
12-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Suits me just fine. All the DSMFs can pack up and go back down south from whence they came.

O.S.O.K.
12-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Suits me just fine. All the DSMFs can pack up and go back down south from whence they came.

I am sure they are.

I once lived in the north-east and couldn't wait the get TF out of there. People all walked around with invisible sheilds up - always on defense. You'd be standing on line at the grocery store and maybe try and make small talk about the weather or something and they'd look at you like "why are you talking to me?". What a bunch of up tight MF'ers. The "north" - as in Minnesota, etc. isn't like that at all - more midwestern.

Now, having said that, like I said earlier, I do know yankees that've come south that adjusted to our friendly ways very well and are not assholes.

davepool
12-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I am sure they are.

I once lived in the north-east and couldn't wait the get TF out of there. People all walked around with invisible sheilds up - always on defense. You'd be standing on line at the grocery store and maybe try and make small talk about the weather or something and they'd look at you like "why are you talking to me?". What a bunch of up tight MF'ers. The "north" - as in Minnesota, etc. isn't like that at all - more midwestern.

Now, having said that, like I said earlier, I do know yankees that've come south that adjusted to our friendly ways very well and are not assholes.

Pretty much the same here,most of the northerners that relocate here are nice folks, a lot of the class A jerks i have met were from one of the big rat hole cities,Chicago,New York,Detroit, Boston.

justinsaneok
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I am sure they are.

I was shocked how people warmed up to me when I first came down here. After living in Ohio and coming down here it is funny how people did talk to me everywhere I went here. It wasn't long before I knew everyone one in this town just from going to the hardware store and doing everyday business. Nobody thought I was going to kill them and stuff them in my trunk like they did up north. I am a big guy 6'1" 250 with a long goatee and a shaved head. In Ohio and alot of other states up north it seemed like everyone was ready to call 911 when I started small talk waiting in a line. Down here everyone makes me drink beer with them and come over for dinner. Once I meet someone down here they treat me like they have known me forever. I lived in Cleveland for a few years when me and my ex broke up and lived with my finger on the trigger. If you see someone on the side of the road my reaction is to pull over and see if I can help them. Maybe they need a lug wrench or a jack, right? I'd say 6 out of 10 times they are going to try and jack your ass. One time I fought off three guys that had been hanging out by a car with a flat that wasn't any of their's, I got the plate #. Some girls car she left and got picked up was going back with a tire and her dad the next day when god turned the lights on. I got a good knot on my head they got much worse. Might have something to do with the invisible shield I doubt it though. One time I ask some old black lady what was wrong with her car and she said it wont start. I said put it in neutral and I'd get her out of the intersection she looked shocked and a little scared. A bunch of crack dealing shit bags were on every street corner and did nothing. The lady lived right on the next street on the right and after getting it through the intersection I asked her if she wanted a ride home she then told me how close she lived and I yelled at the shit bags on the corners to help me push it the extra 100 yards to her driveway so she didn't have to deal with it till she could. I wondered if she had anyone to get it there and think the fuel pump went out so Pushing it of the road it would have just got towed if it sat there if she couldn't get anyone to help her. One of the crack dealers dropped his little .25 auto while pushing. They prob felt like shit when whitey helped the old black lady in the getto when they didn't do shit for an hour or so. Cops don't even go there on patrol its so bad they just clean up the mess. The old lady prob lived there before it was a shit hole. She just kept thanking me. That was in a shity area. Everywhere else around Cleveland is full of rich folks that are very snooty and skittish. I grew up far from there in the country where most were kind and very conservative. As always exceptions everywhere. I like where my parents live but in general people are more friendly down here. I busted alot of Berry voting balls in Ohio and quite a few down here. I wasn't really friends with any of them. I know a shit load of people who see things like you and I up north and not so many down here so far. Lot of Militia in Ohio and Michigan most would get along with.

slamfire51
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I was shocked how people warmed up to me when I first came down here. After living in Ohio and coming down here it is funny how people did talk to me everywhere I went here. It wasn't long before I knew everyone one in this town just from going to the hardware store and doing everyday business. Nobody thought I was going to kill them and stuff them in my trunk like they did up north. I am a big guy 6'1" 250 with a long goatee and a shaved head. In Ohio and alot of other states up north it seemed like everyone was ready to call 911 when I started small talk waiting in a line. Down here everyone makes me drink beer with them and come over for dinner. Once I meet someone down here they treat me like they have known me forever. I lived in Cleveland for a few years when me and my ex broke up and lived with my finger on the trigger. If you see someone on the side of the road my reaction is to pull over and see if I can help them. Maybe they need a lug wrench or a jack, right? I'd say 6 out of 10 times they are going to try and jack your ass. One time I fought off three guys that had been hanging out by a car with a flat that wasn't any of their's, I got the plate #. Some girls car she left and got picked up was going back with a tire and her dad the next day when god turned the lights on. I got a good knot on my head they got much worse. Might have something to do with the invisible shield I doubt it though. One time I ask some old black lady what was wrong with her car and she said it wont start. I said put it in neutral and I'd get her out of the intersection she looked shocked and a little scared. A bunch of crack dealing shit bags were on every street corner and did nothing. The lady lived right on the next street on the right and after getting it through the intersection I asked her if she wanted a ride home she then told me how close she lived and I yelled at the shit bags on the corners to help me push it the extra 100 yards to her driveway so she didn't have to deal with it till she could. I wondered if she had anyone to get it there and think the fuel pump went out so Pushing it of the road it would have just got towed if it sat there if she couldn't get anyone to help her. One of the crack dealers dropped his little .25 auto while pushing. They prob felt like shit when whitey helped the old black lady in the getto when they didn't do shit for an hour or so. Cops don't even go there on patrol its so bad they just clean up the mess. The old lady prob lived there before it was a shit hole. She just kept thanking me. That was in a shity area. Everywhere else around Cleveland is full of rich folks that are very snooty and skittish. I grew up far from there in the country where most were kind and very conservative. As always exceptions everywhere. I like where my parents live but in general people are more friendly down here. I busted alot of Berry voting balls in Ohio and quite a few down here. I wasn't really friends with any of them. I know a shit load of people who see things like you and I up north and not so many down here so far. Lot of Militia in Ohio and Michigan most would get along with.

I believe what you've found is called Southern Hospitality.

AKTexas
12-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Yankees do not bother me,those southern Kali transplants piss me off.

slamfire51
12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Yankees do not bother me,those southern Kali transplants piss me off.

There's a difference???????

NewbieAKguy
12-13-2010, 03:53 AM
I've been thinking about moving to Texas and other Free states for awhile now. Heck, wife said she'd be willing too. Main downside of course is that we'd be moving farther away from family, her more than me cuz she's from Canada Eh!!!! LOL, bugs the heck out her when I do that :D. Also thought of Arizona, heck even Montana....kicker is making sure we could get jobs. She just got her BA in biz management, me i haven't been shy from trying stuff out to see if I like it since high school with some college classes thrown in every so often, ranging from hvac, 2 years as small town popo and now private security.

The wife and I have been thinking about taking a part vacation, part job/home market look around in TX to see if it was feasible for us. Suggestions on areas to scope out if/when we decided to do it?

PS. and HELL no I'm not bringing any BS lib-crap with me...this once proud state is controlled by it with an iron fist and I've just about had my fill.

mriddick
12-13-2010, 06:43 AM
I've lived between Ohio and NC all my life, I think the issue is really between urban and rural people.

AKTexas
12-13-2010, 07:16 AM
There's a difference???????

Yeah they are.Arrogant motherfuckers,think everything is better in Kali.Their sentences start with..."In Kalifornia"......piss me off!Most of the yankees I met were down to earth people.The bastards from New York,New Jersey,Massachusetts,and other demo states were the vilest pieces of shit!Those that I have met were the most racist cock suckers on the planet.When telling a story skin color was always emphasized.Then just like the assholes from Kali,their senstences would start with "Back home in my INSERT STATE"......Fuck them all!

mrkalashnikov
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
It's -9 w/ the wind chill outside right now where I'm at in northern IL. Reckon maybe I'll pack up my carpet bag, put on my seersucker suit, and head on down to Charleston SC. My wife's got kin there!

slamfire51
12-13-2010, 09:14 AM
It's -9 w/ the wind chill outside right now where I'm at in northern IL. Reckon maybe I'll pack up my carpet bag, put on my seersucker suit, and head on down to Charleston SC. My wife's got kin there!

Ah, my Hometown.

I hear Charleston is fast becoming a Northern area. A damn shame!!

slamfire51
12-13-2010, 10:26 AM
I kinda would love to live in TX, just for the hunting.
Yotes have killed of a good part of small and some big game here.
Rabbits, turkeys, deer and groundhogs have suffered the worse.

Hog hunting is my "want to do".

AKTexas
12-13-2010, 10:32 AM
My girlfriend's oldest younger brother killed a hog this weekend in Carrizo Springs.I saw a couple dead of hogs tied down to the back of some four wheelers on our way back in.

My brother in law went hog hunting several times this year and no luck.We are planning a North Texas hog hunt in February.May be too damned cold for me.

Hunting is wonderful,South Texas being some of the best.

slamfire51
12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
My girlfriend's oldest younger brother killed a hog this weekend in Carrizo Springs.I saw a couple dead of hogs tied down to the back of some four wheelers on our way back in.

My brother in law went hog hunting several times this year and no luck.We are planning a North Texas hog hunt in February.May be too damned cold for me.

Hunting is wonderful,South Texas being some of the best.

The reasons I'd like to be there.

mriddick
12-13-2010, 10:38 AM
What always amazes me is when someone moves from some place seeking what a new place supposedly offers, then when they finally move in spend their time trying to make the new neighborhood like the old one they just ran from. I've seen city folk do this in the country, I've seen country folk try it in the city, immigrants do it all the time, nonreligous types moving to the bible belt and so on...

I think when you move to a new area it's up to you to do your best to fit in, not for those who've live there to change to your liking.

slamfire51
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
What always amazes me is when someone moves from some place seeking what a new place supposedly offers, then when they finally move in spend their time trying to make the new neighborhood like the old one they just ran from. I've seen city folk do this in the country, I've seen country folk try it in the city, immigrants do it all the time, nonreligous types moving to the bible belt and so on...

I think when you move to a new area it's up to you to do your best to fit in, not for those who've live there to change to your liking.

Bingo.
Couldn't have said it better.

L1A1Rocker
12-13-2010, 10:58 AM

And that's the crux of it. Texas Hill Country is cralling with folks trying to do things the way the did from where they came. Have a drought, need to start a "Watter Commision". Have a few brush fires, why we MUST have a "Burn Commision". And where do you think the money comes from? Yep, property taxes - and they soon need to go up. Drives people nuts.

Another true story about a transplant. Folks will accumulate a trash pile on property. It's very common to put your clippings in this pile (by clippings I'm referring to trimmed trees and so forth) and wait for a good rain fall. After the rain people will light off these trash piles and burn them. There was this Kali transplant that would get in her golf cart and go around to everyone in her area that was burning and berate them about how they need to stop it, put it out, it's not safe, blaw blaw blaw. She did have a good day of it after a rain fall.

slamfire51
12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
And that's the crux of it. Texas Hill Country is cralling with folks trying to do things the way the did from where they came. Have a drought, need to start a "Watter Commision". Have a few brush fires, why we MUST have a "Burn Commision". And where do you think the money comes from? Yep, property taxes - and they soon need to go up. Drives people nuts.

Another true story about a transplant. Folks will accumulate a trash pile on property. It's very common to put your clippings in this pile (by clippings I'm referring to trimmed trees and so forth) and wait for a good rain fall. After the rain people will light off these trash piles and burn them. There was this Kali transplant that would get in her golf cart and go around to everyone in her area that was burning and berate them about how they need to stop it, put it out, it's not safe, blaw blaw blaw. She did have a good day of it after a rain fall.

LOL.
Ever notice how the "Green" preachers are the biggest violators of the environment?

Do as I say, not what I do.

AKTexas
12-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Is she related to Al Gore?

stevelyn
12-13-2010, 11:22 PM
I am sure they are.

Unfortunately they're showing up by the boatload. skAnchorage is starting to look third-worldish and none of them have a stake in Alaska's future.

Mr. Rodgers
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Ya'll may be right. I may be confusing the past retirees and transplants of the past with who is moving now. I do know that the retirees and the transplants of the past (think 10 plus years back) have really reeked havoc on the political structure in small towns in the Texas Hill Country.

I really hope the new batch are a better lot looking for a better place, and not looking to make things just like home.

Never could understand people :gruebel:who move to a new state and want to make it like the state they came from. Why leave in the first place?