PDA

View Full Version : Federal .22 Bulk Pack Boycott

shadow65
12-12-2010, 10:26 PM
For those of us using AR .22's you know what Federal has done with the Bulk .22.
It's very inconsistant and unreliable. Several duds are being sent out.
I have written Federal 3 times in the past two years.
It wasn't always that way. I used to recommend Fed Bulk. Now it has become a joke across several boards.
I stated to Federal that I will suggest a boycott on Federal .22 Bulk Pack. Maybe if it doesn't sell, they will take a look.
No real reason to buy it anyhow. It's crap.
Dave

justinsaneok
12-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I got a bad batch of WWB ,40 cal no big deal if it was a whole case. It was always good till that one time I got a whole case. I almost sent my Glock back till I shot some Winchester rangers through it. It always fired but I was getting 10" groups at 30'. My Fed bulk pack is working good in my 10/22. I know how you feel. I still get CCI due to the shity plating on the federal so 1 more person isn't buying it if that makes you feel any better!

vit
12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
I have a ton of it and use it all the time w/o any issues. Is this a recent phenomenon?

shadow65
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
This is what I'm trying to find out. I'm a member on several boards. I have lots of problems with the Fed Bulk and I've seen several others with the same issues. I shoot several thousand rounds in testing as do some others I deal with.
But I would also like to know who is not having problems with it.

insider
12-13-2010, 02:09 AM
what ever happened to good old Federal Lightning .22 ammo?

NewbieAKguy
12-13-2010, 03:13 AM
I have a ton of it and use it all the time w/o any issues. Is this a recent phenomenon?

+1. My M&P22 AR so far eats that stuff up w/o any issues....heck, I'm even using the stock iron sights and hitting clays to ~95-100 yds. Any way to determine if your bad packs were just a certain lot #? I hope they're not going to crap cuz it's what I'm 'bulking' up on. (yes i know, lame joke!)

Schuetzenman
12-13-2010, 06:49 AM
The standard Federal Bulk that I have seems to work for me but I've had it for 2 years at least. Some Auto Target bulk they make that I have, not so good. Short recoil that won't clear the spent case, duds and had a rim blow out on one. That was in less than 5 mags worth (27 round black dogs) recently.

cevulirn
12-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Haven't had a problem with it... Haven't shot much of it recently though.

shadow65
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
This is concerning the Federal 550 Bulk Pack sold at Walmart.

What I am finding is mixed. Some have a lot of issues Some have none, which is even more baffling.
I din't think I made myself clear on the main issue for me.

I'm not stating they don't ignite. I realize any bulk pack will have some of those. I realize bulk ammo isn't the most accurate.

What my main complaint is, the inconsistant loads which lead to failures to cycle and inaccuracy. 20% of the Fed I have shot in the last couple of years go sub sonic, meaning they have less powder than the other 80%.
I've had some that sound like they barely push the round out of the barrel. And that has been consistant through many boxes.
That has nothing to do with what set up they are fired from.

Richard Simmons
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I've bought tons of this in the past two years and fun it through my GSG-5 with no issues

AKTexas
12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I have gone through 6 boxes of that stuff since I found Wallyworld stocking it up.I have run it only through the Bearcat,Henry lever,10/22,and MKIII.

Maybe less than 10 squibs out any box.