PDA

View Full Version : TX - Want to carry bigger blades? Texas is prime candidate for knife law reform

Gunreference1
12-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Want to carry bigger blades? Texas is prime candidate for knife law reform

By Kalyn Belsha
Published: 01:00 a.m., Sunday, December 12, 2010

In Texas, it's a misdemeanor offense to carry an illegal knife, which includes daggers, Bowie knives, swords, spears, throwing stars and any knife with a blade over 5 1/2 inches. Switchblade knives are illegal not only to carry, but to possess, sell or make.

But that could change if knife rights (http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Knife+Rights%22) lobbyists - who've had major victories making knife laws less strict in New Hampshire and Arizona this year - roll back some the state's provisions they claim are out-dated and arbitrary.

To read the rest of the story click on the link below.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Want-to-carry-bigger-blades-Texas-is-prime-871616.php

Steve

viero
12-28-2010, 01:44 AM
they need to come to FL.....

filthy phil
12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Switchblade knives are illegal not only to carry, but to possess, sell or make.

yet they're sold at nearly every gun show.
most here go with the theory they can be kept at home or on a boat, just not carried. the tricky thing is getting them home:gruebel:

O.S.O.K.
12-28-2010, 07:56 PM
With the advent of the open-assist type fighting knives, I think the switchblade has been eclipsed.

I totally agree with this reform - what's the point of having a law - any law that only affects those that are predisposed to obey it and by obeying it, put's them at a disadvnatage of those who don't? Just like guns IMHO.

aliceinchains
12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
With the advent of the open-assist type fighting knives, I think the switchblade has been eclipsed.

Not only that just the design and grade of steel is another factor.

Mr. Rodgers
12-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Knife laws make about as much sense as gun laws. Hopefully Texans will be sucessful in scraping the ridiculous knife laws in their state.