PDA

View Full Version : I'd hate to find this while cruising the woods.

El Jefe
12-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I think this would damned near make me ill. But, nature has it's ways and at least these bucks weren't poached out of season. :frown:

.................................................. .................................................. .....

A 431-inch Trio Of Trophy Bucks Fight To The Death
Three bucks, horns intertwined, found drowned in Meigs County, OH
By Aaron J. Decker

While surveying land near Albany, Ohio, forester Jason Good stumbled upon a wildlife find that he'll soon not forget. Three trophy bucks -- a 122-inch seven point with a broken tine, 140-inch 10-point, and 169-inch 11-point -- were horn-locked and floating face down in a pool of dark creek water -- dead -- from a battle that one can only guess was beyond epic.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7268/3bucks.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/3bucks.jpg/)

More information and pictures at the link...

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/a_431-inch_trio_of_trophy_bucks_fight_to_the_death/index.html

NAPOTS
12-19-2010, 01:14 PM
wow the deer had a mexican stand off and all lost

ltorlo64
12-19-2010, 01:19 PM
That is just sad. Did you see the one a few years ago of the hunter that shot the buck with two heads? It is theorized that two bucks were fighting and the racks became tangled. One of the bucks then died and the living buck was able to tear the head off the dead one. When the second buck was shot it had a mostly decomposed skull and rack stuck in his rack.

alismith
12-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Nature tends to weed out those not meant to breed. These three, obviously, met that criteria.

This is just one example of how bad things can happen when all one has on his mind is getting a piece of ass.

mriddick
12-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Seems odd a 3rd deer would get into the fray when 2 were already caught up.

AKTexas
12-19-2010, 01:33 PM

It was a gang rumble.

Even deer nana makes the bucks crazy.

mriddick
12-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I bet as those 3 trophies were going into the water some spike was sneaking around the back of them and nailing the doe :)

AKTexas
12-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I bet as those 3 trophies were going into the water some spike was sneaking around the back of them and nailing the doe :)

That would be correct.I was watching two bucks a few weeks before the real rut began.About 60 yards from the two bucks this spike was chasing a few does.

Integratedj
12-19-2010, 01:38 PM

I've seen multiple Elk go at it at one time when the Rut gets really heavy. 5 at once going at each other. It's crazy.

Full Otto
12-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I would be tempted to harvest the racks but that looks like it would develop into quite a mess. Pewy

El Jefe
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I would be tempted to harvest the racks but that looks like it would develop into quite a mess. Pewy

Otto, if you'll hit the link you'll see pics showing they did remove the heads of all 3 bucks. I guess someone has plans for them. I'd hate to have the taxidermists bill for what a triple mount would run.

El Jefe
12-19-2010, 03:43 PM

It's pretty crazy how wary mature bucks can be during the bulk of the year, only to see them go nuts during the rut. Some of them seem oblivious to everything else but the does. Kinda reminds me of high school. :)

Blacksmith
12-19-2010, 04:43 PM
During the Rodeo Chediski fire, the fire fighters set several fires to try to contain it. This not only contained the fire but it blocked in all the wildlife. after the smoke cleared there was literally thousands of dead elk in what was once a pasture. My cousin found a dead bear not to for from it. he still has the scull.

ltorlo64
12-19-2010, 05:03 PM
During the Rodeo Chediski fire, the fire fighters set several fires to try to contain it. This not only contained the fire but it blocked in all the wildlife. after the smoke cleared there was literally thousands of dead elk in what was once a pasture. My cousin found a dead bear not to for from it. he still has the scull.

Now, that is sad.

Full Otto
12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Otto, if you'll hit the link you'll see pics showing they did remove the heads of all 3 bucks. I guess someone has plans for them. I'd hate to have the taxidermists bill for what a triple mount would run.

Damn went right past it, slide show and everything. Sounds like he's keeping them together as they were found, that would be interesting.
Looked like they were still in pretty decent shape

Blacksmith
12-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Now, that is sad.

It was flat devastating. before the fire you could damn near just point a rifle and drop an elk.
I went up there last year for the cow hunt. They were few and far between and the terrain was nothing but downed trees and sticker bushes. There is some areas that were not effected. but the elk stay under the cover of the sticker bushes.

awp101
12-19-2010, 05:24 PM
wow the deer had a mexican stand off and all lost

Sort of like the end of Resevoir Dogs. I wonder which one was the undercover?:gruebel:

El Jefe
12-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Sort of like the end of Resevoir Dogs. I wonder which one was the undercover?:gruebel:

Now that you mention it, it does. Lol.

HDR
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
This is just one example of how bad things can happen when all one has on his mind is getting a piece of ass.

Very true.

Arnulf
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I never seen anything like that....but I have pulled a dead buck out of a creek and a few dead cows out of the kazoo river on Boris farm....pretty nasty work.

Schuetzenman
12-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I've seen two locked and dead, but never thought I'd see 3!

HDR
12-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I never seen anything like that....but I have pulled a dead buck out of a creek and a few dead cows out of the kazoo river on Boris farm....pretty nasty work.

I've seen pictures.

I've done the same and ditto it is very nasty work.