PDA

View Full Version : M44 stripper clip problem

Solidus-snake
12-21-2010, 06:21 PM
My m44 absolutely will not take stripper clips. Seems like the bullets just will not insert very freely at all.

The clips feed just fine in my bros m44 tho.

Ideas?

aliceinchains
12-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Is the follower hanging up for some reason. I am thinking the magazine box spring might be bad?

mriddick
12-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Does the clip set in the rifle the same as it does in your brothers? Could be some dry cosmoline in the guide? You might also want to look at the interrupter/ejector to see ho it's working in relation to your brothers.

FunkyPertwee
12-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I could never get aftermarket clips to work. Unfortunately, AIM sold out of the Polish ammo on clips before I could buy some.

sisyphus
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I had that problem with some clips I bought from an online supplier. They didn't have the grooves on the sides that the rims slide through. The ones that came with the Polish ammo I bought from AIM work like a charm though, so I know it was the clips that had the problem.

FunkyPertwee
12-21-2010, 08:19 PM
I had that problem with some clips I bought from an online supplier. They didn't have the grooves on the sides that the rims slide through. The ones that came with the Polish ammo I bought from AIM work like a charm though, so I know it was the clips that had the problem.

I kick myself for not buying that ammo when I had extra income.

Come to think of it, gun collecting seems to involve a lot of self kicking.

Solidus-snake
12-22-2010, 02:22 AM
That's what Im.using, the polish surplus.

FunkyPertwee
12-22-2010, 02:24 AM
That's what Im.using, the polish surplus.

Did the ammo come pre-loaded on the clips, or did you buy them separately?

Solidus-snake
12-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Did the ammo come pre-loaded on the clips, or did you buy them separately?

Together. Only clips that'll work in my bros too.

Solidus-snake
12-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Ok, disassembled it, mag springs fine, followers fine.

I think that the interruptors too wide. When I hand feed rounds down the slot where the clip inserts, they will pass the interruptor but will not do so easily at all, quite a lot of traction, so much that it scratches the lip on the bullet.

FunkyPertwee
12-22-2010, 11:36 AM
This thread caused me to pull out my Mosins, and now I'm really disapointed in not having any strippers. Like the SKS, I think they can't really live up to their potential without the ability to load it the way it was intended.

aliceinchains
12-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah same here i don't have any strippers to experiment with. Always something you don't have or need.:duh:

Well time to buy some stripper clips.

sisyphus
12-22-2010, 11:20 PM
I kick myself for not buying that ammo when I had extra income.

Come to think of it, gun collecting seems to involve a lot of self kicking.

Yeah, we all have our own footprints on our butt-cheeks. Comes with the hobby.