PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagant Stripper Clips

aliceinchains
12-23-2010, 06:02 PM
If you have any original military stripper clips for the Mosin Nagant i would strongly suggest holding on to them.

Of course most of them got discarded and know one thought much of it at the time. But they are hard to find now and are selling up to 2 dollars just for one clip.

And mostly what is available now is new production. I have read that bending the clip a little will aid in feeding so the rounds don't hang up in the magazine box.

Just a heads up.

FunkyPertwee
12-23-2010, 06:10 PM
If you have any original military stripper clips for the Mosin Nagant i would strongly suggest holding on to them.

Of course most of them got discarded and know one thought much of it at the time. But they are hard to find now and are selling up to 2 dollars just for one clip.

And mostly what is available now is new production. I have read that bending the clip a little will aid in feeding so the rounds don't hang up in the magazine box.

Just a heads up.

The newly manufactured brass ones don't work worth a damn.

Please bring the Polish ammo on strippers back, AIM surplus.

Schuetzenman
12-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I think I found a sack of them in my garage / workshop. I was pulling out some stuff and they fell on the floor. :dammit:

mriddick
12-23-2010, 07:41 PM
I have a bunch by rarely use them.

FunkyPertwee
12-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't have any, but feel my Mosins are incomplete without them. Like an SKS without strippers.

aliceinchains
12-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't have any, but feel my Mosins are incomplete without them. Like an SKS without strippers.

You know i feel that way now and did not before i realized how much they played an important part on the battlefield.

Schuetzenman
12-23-2010, 09:55 PM
You know i feel that way now and did not before i realized how much they played an important part on the battlefield.

Yes exactly as I felt about stripper clips. If you own a classic military arm that used them you really haven't got the full system or use of the weapon unless you have the strippers to feed the ammo with. In my case, I've liquidated all the Mosins and now I have found strippers that I didn't realize I still had.