PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Predators & Inception...

RJ Shooter
07-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Your thoughts?

...I LOVED them both! ;)

AKTexas
07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Still waiting to see Predators.

slamfire51
07-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I haven't seen either one.
A good way to spend time with this heat wave.

gpwasr10
07-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I liked Preditors, all of it but the part with Fishbourne, felt the movie could have done without it, but still VERY good.

Moebrown20
07-24-2010, 07:19 PM
I liked Preditors, all of it but the part with Fishbourne, felt the movie could have done without it, but still VERY good.

1+ is was cool.
The traps were good.

Krupski
07-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Your thoughts?

...I LOVED them both! ;)

That movie was OK... but it was like coming into the middle of a movie and leaving before it ended. And at the end, I wonder how they plan to get off the planet?

Good effects, dumb storyline.

RJ Shooter
07-24-2010, 09:10 PM
That movie was OK... but it was like coming into the middle of a movie and leaving before it ended. And at the end, I wonder how they plan to get off the planet?

Good effects, dumb storyline.That was the storyline... You're screwed!

And if it bothers you that much, they simply wait until the next ship of hunters comes! But of course, all the chutes mean new obstacles. ;)

Out of curiousity, how could the storyline have been any better? I mean, Predator 1's storyline was very similar, but they had an "out!"

EDITED TO ADD: ...and make it not predictable.

alismith
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I saw Inception yesterday and it was really good. The special effects were fantastic. It has a very complicated plot and if you leave for any reason, it's hard to catch up with what's going on when you get back. It's the kind of movie you have to see twice to catch everything that's happening.

I give it two thumbs up!

whiskeyman
07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Inception. A waste of DiCaprio's talent.

RJ Shooter
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Inception. A waste of DiCaprio's talent.Just out of curiousity, why didn't you like it? I thought it was brilliantly original, complex and well acted.

whiskeyman
07-24-2010, 10:21 PM
All the special effects didn't compensate for a poor story line. Just my opinion.

RJ Shooter
07-24-2010, 10:31 PM
All the special effects didn't compensate for a poor story line. Just my opinion.I know, I'm just wanting your opinion. What about the storyline sucked? As someone who likes to 'think' when he sees most movies, I thought it was brilliantly complex!

I think it will get a few Oscars next year...

whiskeyman
07-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I know, I'm just wanting your opinion. What about the storyline sucked? As someone who likes to 'think' when he sees most movies, I thought it was brilliantly complex!

I think it will get a few Oscars next year...

I have never heard a man say he dreamed about his wife. Not even the ones whose wife passed away before they did.

RJ Shooter
07-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Hmmmmmm, I rarely dream, but probably 50% of my dreams that I do have, have something to do with my wife, or my daughter, or something close to home...

...anyway, I liked it. You don't have to. ;)

Paladin
07-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Haven't seen predators yet. But really liked Inception. 4 levels deep in a dream...

NextGen
07-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Just saw Inception tonight in IMAX. A very good movie, and on that I will have to see again just to get a grasp on it.

Speaking of which, at the end, do you think his dradle like object stops spinning or keeps going? It sounded like it was going to stop but I'm curious as to what you guys thought.

swampdragon
07-25-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm a big fan of the Alien and Predator movies both.
Haven't seen this newest one yet.
I'm actually waiting for the DVD.

I can't go to movie theaters without getting in a fight these days it seems...
I always end up with the tallest person in the theatre sitting in front of me and blocking my view.
The fattest person in the theatre sitting beside me and trying to spill over into my seat too..
And then always some asshole with 5 kids sitting behind me...kicking the back of my chair...whining, crying complaining and refusing to shut the fuck up.
I hate movie theatres with a passion....of The Christ...

Paladin
07-25-2010, 02:56 AM
It quit spinning.

gunsnetadmin
07-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I've been wanting to see both actually. Since I'm off all next week (other than Tuesday) I'll have a chance to do so. :)

chiak47
07-30-2010, 12:35 AM
I just came back from watching Inception with my wife....

Great movie...I can see the cast and production team winning awards.:clap:
The thing that got me is how it resembles The Matrix in a way.

Mark Ducati
07-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Clash of the Titans just came out on Blue Ray last week... hope these two come out soon too! We don't get out to the movies much here in the mountains.

Krupski
07-30-2010, 08:50 AM
EDITED TO ADD: ...and make it not predictable.

That's my complaint about the movie. The end is very predictable. They will never get off that planet... they will have to fight daily for survival and in the end they will end up like that guy who had his little hideout. All dead.

While I'm complaining about the movie... another thing I felt was wrong was that the predators ALSO killed unarmed people. The whole point of the original predator movies was that it was a SPORT and they hunted ARMED people and left unarmed alone.

I liked all of the previous predator movies better. On a rating scale, the new one rates below all the others (in my opinion).

Krupski
07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Haven't seen predators yet. But really liked Inception. 4 levels deep in a dream...

Being multiple levels deep in what SEEMS to be reality but in fact is not is a worn out idea. Every other new Star Trek (TNG) used that storyline.