PDA

View Full Version : Sprinco Carbine reliability kits.

Bluedog
07-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I have installed these two kits in two of my carbines. Carbine reliability kit (http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html)

The first is a 16 inch M4-gery with a carbine buffer and Full-auto Bolt carrier. I opted for the high power Red spring version for this one.

The second is a 16 inch mid-length Recce build with a Heavy Stainless steel barrel, standard carbine buffer, and Semi-auto BCG. Although it has no effect on function, the Recce also has an 11 inch LaRue Free Float Rail, and weighs quite a bit more than the M4, which has a 7-inch Daniel Defense Omega and a Government Profile barrel. I opted for the Standard strength blue spring for this one.

Both guns are solid reliable and there is no noticeable difference in recoil. I am not really comparing apples to apples since the Recce has so much more weight up front. I intend to take both lowers and just the M4 upper out soon and try the same upper with both lowers to see if the Red spring is smoothing out the carbine recoil pulse. If it works as well as some claim, I should feel a sharper kick and more barrel rise with the blue springed lower than with the red. I'll let you all know.

In any event, I think for $22, you can't go wrong.

I was inspired to try this product by this article: M4 reliability (http://www.defensereview.com/the-big-m4-myth-fouling-caused-by-the-direct-impingement-gas-system-makes-the-m4-unreliable/)

I had a different take than the author though. Rather than add weight to the buffer, I opted to add power to the recoil spring, as reciprocating mass will affect recoil and speed of follow up shots. So far, it has worked well for me.

$55
07-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Neat. The problem with my RRA AR is that I have no problems, lol. Though, I did add on BCM's bolt upgrade kit after shooting thousands of rounds, just because I like to spend money, Yay money!

BTW, The rear site on your AR, is it UTG or LMT?

ready
07-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Mine have all been reliable, too. And believe or not, none of them are Colts. :shss: The 1 SBR I built didn't like to cycle wolf but that was because I put an H2 buffer in it. Now, if I'm not shooting milspec ammo., I put a standard carbine buffer in it and I'm good to go.

Bluedog
07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
BTW, The rear site on your AR, is it UTG or LMT?

It is a UTG that I bought for the .22 upper. It works fine for my needs, but I do not know if the elevation calibrations are accurate for full power ammo at longer ranges.

Paladin
07-27-2010, 12:53 AM
I recently got Tubb extractor and ejector springs for one of our RRA A4 Carbines. On the same carbine have replaced the ARFX stock with a UBR using Buffer Tech AR-restor buffer in conjunction with Tubb flat wire spring. With a PRI lo-pro adjustable gas block under LaRue handguard so far so good... RRA has always been very reliable for me.