PDA

View Full Version : POF USA Rolling Cam Pin

abpt1
07-24-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPKaueRou_Y&feature=related

Warlord
07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
I've been looking to get one of those for my POF upper, just keep forgetting. :think:

TEN-32
07-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Did he say "its great for a piston AR because you don't have to take off your gas key and re-stake it."? :rolleyes1:

This seems like a gimmick to me. I am not aware of failures due to the cam.

Warlord
07-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Did he say "its great for a piston AR because you don't have to take off your gas key and re-stake it."? :rolleyes1:

This seems like a gimmick to me. I am not aware of failures due to the cam.

Yes he did.

It's not a gimic, I woulden't bother for a non piston AR. Seems to me when you wanted to clean the bolt you would have to remove the gas key, I don't see the logic in that. What it does is roll not drag because it has a bearing built into it, causing no drag and friction, thus smoother operation and less ware. It has nothing to do with failures.

I'm getting one.

TEN-32
07-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Yes he did.

It's not a gimic, I woulden't bother for a non piston AR. Seems to me when you wanted to clean the bolt you would have to remove the gas key, I don't see the logic in that. What it does is roll not drag because it has a bearing built into it, causing no drag and friction, thus smoother operation and less ware. It has nothing to do with failures.

I'm getting one.

Why would you have a gas key on a piston AR?

abpt1
07-25-2010, 10:40 AM
to secure the bolt ?

abpt1
07-25-2010, 10:43 AM
I think i am going to buy 2 and one of them $40 takedown pins you posted.....I think my POF is coming with one ?

TEN-32
07-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I think i am going to buy 2 and one of them $40 takedown pins you posted.....I think my POF is coming with one ?

Cool. Let us know how the pins are.

Bluedog
07-25-2010, 02:13 PM
to secure the bolt ?

No. There is no gas key. It is replaced by a raised projection that the piston rod pushes against to opertate the action. The term gas key is being misused in this discussion. The bolt is still secured and turned by the cam pin.

abpt1
07-25-2010, 05:26 PM
No. There is no gas key. It is replaced by a raised projection that the piston rod pushes against to opertate the action. The term gas key is being misused in this discussion. The bolt is still secured and turned by the cam pin.
thanks for the correction BD !

Warlord
07-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Why would you have a gas key on a piston AR?

There is none, it's a striker face for the op rod to impact.