PDA

View Full Version : The Road to Area 51

HDR
12-25-2010, 08:27 PM
The Road to Area 51

After Decades of denying the facility's existence, five former insiders speak out.....

Area 51. It's the most famous military institution in the world that doesn't officially exist. If it did, it would be found about 100 miles outside Las Vegas in Nevada's high desert, tucked between an Air Force base and an abandoned nuclear testing ground.
Then again, maybe not-- the U.S. government refuses to say. You can't drive anywhere close to it, and until recently, the airspace overhead was restricted--all the way to outer space. Any mention of Area 51 gets redacted from official documents, even those that have been declassified for decades.
It has become the holy grail for conspiracy theorists, with UFOlogists positing that the Pentagon reverse engineers flying saucers and keeps extraterrestrial beings stored in freezers. Urban legend has it that Area 51 is connected by underground tunnels and trains to other secret facilities around the country. In 2001, Katie Couric told Today Show audiences that 7 percent of Americans doubt the moon landing happened--that it was staged in the Nevada desert. Millions of X-Files fans believe the truth may be "out there," but more likely it's concealed inside Area 51's Strangelove-esque hangars--buildings that, though confirmed by Google Earth, the government refuses to acknowledge.
The problem is the myths of Area 51 are hard to dispute if no one can speak on the record about what actually happened there. Well, now, for the first time, someone is ready to talk--in fact, five men are, and their stories rival the most outrageous of rumors. Colonel Hugh "Slip" Slater, 87, was commander of the Area 51 base in the 1960s. Edward Lovick, 90, featured in "What Plane?" in LA's March issue, spent three decades radar testing some of the world's most famous aircraft (including the U-2, the A-12 OXCART and the F-117). Kenneth Collins, 80, a CIA experimental test pilot, was given the silver star. Thornton "T.D." Barnes, 72, was an Area 51 special-projects engineer. And Harry Martin, 77, was one of the men in charge of the base's half-million-gallon monthly supply of spy-plane fuels. Here are a few of their best stories--for the record: http://www.latimesmagazine.com/2009/04/road-to-area-51.html

Here ya go....

ubersoldate
12-25-2010, 08:40 PM
All those pilots, and staff that were actually there are lying.

Everyone knows that 51 is nothing but a underground you-Fo base, and bigfoot resupply area.

AKTexas
12-25-2010, 09:47 PM
All those pilots, and staff that were actually there are lying.

Everyone knows that 51 is nothing but a underground you-Fo base, and bigfoot resupply area.

I thought bigfoot used the underground railroads for resupply?

HDR
12-25-2010, 10:54 PM
C'mon I figured the K-FILES could use something uhhh real...

LOL

ubersoldate
12-25-2010, 10:56 PM
I thought bigfoot used the underground railroads for resupply?

You mean the underground railroad that was built by Elvis after his death UNDER area 51?

Then yes, yes they did.

HDR
12-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Not the one Elvis built; the one the aliens built is used for Bigfoot's resupply.

My uncle has a great AF history; everything from flying C47 Puffs out of Udorn during Vietnam to Edward's remote site. :D
He never said much except the UFOs were the best of camouflage and it was free also. lol

The article does show there is always some truth at the bottom and OTOH that the conspiracy theorists always miss it. lol

crapshoot
12-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Actually the real road to Area 51 is out near Rachel, Nevada. I took a nice bighorn sheep out there a few years back.

It's kinda cool how the security contractors for the base ( I think they are called wisenhunt or something like that) have remote cameras and ground motion and seismic detectors stashed out there all over the place in the sagebrush. You'd think as remote as the place is that you could walk right into the base, but they know when your coming 20 some miles before you even get close to the place.

I always thought it would be entertaining to find someone dumb enough to rent a Ryder truck, put on a turban and go driving down the base access road at a high rate of speed towards the security shack and get out about 100 yards away then start screaming "JIHAD" as they run away from the truck. The security contractors have to get fairly bored sitting out there watching coyotes and jackrabbits all day and night.

Penguin
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Wackenhut is the name of the company though I probably spelled it wrong.

Arnulf
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Not the one Elvis built; the one the aliens built is used for Bigfoot's resupply.

My uncle has a great AF history; everything from flying C47 Puffs out of Udorn during Vietnam to Edward's remote site. :D
He never said much except the UFOs were the best of camouflage and it was free also. lol

The article does show there is always some truth at the bottom and OTOH that the conspiracy theorists always miss it. lol

Alien Technology.

swampdragon
01-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Actually the real road to Area 51 is out near Rachel, Nevada. I took a nice bighorn sheep out there a few years back.

It's kinda cool how the security contractors for the base ( I think they are called wisenhunt or something like that) have remote cameras and ground motion and seismic detectors stashed out there all over the place in the sagebrush. You'd think as remote as the place is that you could walk right into the base, but they know when your coming 20 some miles before you even get close to the place.

I always thought it would be entertaining to find someone dumb enough to rent a Ryder truck, put on a turban and go driving down the base access road at a high rate of speed towards the security shack and get out about 100 yards away then start screaming "JIHAD" as they run away from the truck. The security contractors have to get fairly bored sitting out there watching coyotes and jackrabbits all day and night.

Wackenhut.
Had some friends who worked for them.

HDR
01-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Alien Technology.

Just where would you guess every American black aircraft is tested since the early 1950s? If/when you see something totally unique flying it is a UFO.

Btw, do a photo search on the B2 from some angles it is the best UFO silhouette I've seen. :D

:lool:

I don't believe Creation would waste the universe on just us because believing that is just too egotistical. Which means I also accept some aliens would be more technologically advanced than us and some less. However, I don't believe in every kind of phenomena under the sun as some others do.
;)

Arnulf
01-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Just where would you guess every American black aircraft is tested since the early 1950s? If/when you see something totally unique flying it is a UFO.

Btw, do a photo search on the B2 from some angles it is the best UFO silhouette I've seen. :D

I don't believe Creation would waste the universe on just us because believing that is just too egotistical. Which means I also accept some aliens would be more technologically advanced than us and some less. However, I don't believe in every kind of phenomena under the sun as some others do.
;)

~There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy~

El Jefe
01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Personally, I don't think it's feasible that any other life, assuming there is any, could reach our little planet. We are kind of in a backwater part of the galaxy. As I understand it the nearest star is so far away it would make physical travel here all but impossible. So no, I don't believe that the military has any alien tech at area 51, it's just a place we work on our own secret flying contraptions.

Arnulf
01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8dcb8iKSM&feature=related

El Jefe
01-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Well bet the farm then, cause conjecture and wild eyed speculation can be exchanged as fact.

swampdragon
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Well bet the farm then, cause conjecture and wild eyed speculation can be exchanged as fact.

Believing aliens "cannot" reach us is just conjecture too.

El Jefe
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Believing aliens "cannot" reach us is just conjecture too.

Okay then, explain how they would do it. I'll not even bother asking why they would.

Arnulf
01-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Would you have a conversation with a guinea pig you were about to do a experiment on...or that you created through DNA experiments....that have been on going for thousands of yrs?

Why do "humans" want to build spaceships and leave our world?

One cannot even imagine what a race that is millions of yrs ahead of us in their technology would be capable of......scientists are just now speculating on the possibility of alternate dimensions in which other beings may exist and may be able to enter our world.....I realize that this kind of thought may bother some people........but the Bible and other ancient text speak of beings coming from the heavens to visit mankind...the ancient Sumerians believed that they were created by these beings.....if humans with our primitive technology can clone animals and the advances we have made in such a short period of time....can you imagine what a race millions maybe billions of yrs ahead of us are capable of.....they would seem like gods to us.

ubersoldate
01-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Okay then, explain how they would do it. I'll not even bother asking why they would.

They would contact us to ask questions about bigfoot!

swampdragon
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM

If I could explain how they'd do it, then we'd know how to space travel too.
The point is that believing aliens don't exist is just as much conjecture as believing they do.
What I can or cannot explain is irrelevant.

El Jefe
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
If I could explain how they'd do it, then we'd know how to space travel too.
The point is that believing aliens don't exist is just as much conjecture as believing they do.
What I can or cannot explain is irrelevant.

Um, I never said, or even alluded to aliens not existing, they might, but there's no proof that they do. And even if they do, that doesn't mean they could get here, or even want to if they could. This whole area 51 has flying saucers bit is nonsense and that was the gist of the thread.

Arnulf
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
You or I do not know whether Area 51 has or does not have recovered UFOs...to say one way or the other is saying what one does not know.....what we do know is that investigators have seen things in the sky over Area 51 that fit the description of a UFO.

swampdragon
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Um, I never said, or even alluded to aliens not existing, they might, but there's no proof that they do. And even if they do, that doesn't mean they could get here, or even want to if they could. This whole area 51 has flying saucers bit is nonsense and that was the gist of the thread.

I may have misinterpreted what you meant then.

HDR
02-03-2011, 08:08 PM
You or I do not know whether Area 51 has or does not have recovered UFOs...to say one way or the other is saying what one does not know.....what we do know is that investigators have seen things in the sky over Area 51 that fit the description of a UFO.

Some of the reports say they have seen UFOs flying there; so I thought you guys knew...

;)