PDA

View Full Version : WalMart Logic

ltorlo64
12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
So my wife goes into WalMart to buy a new pocket knife. She wanted to get a small Swiss Army knife, with a blade about an inch long. In order to get the knife she had to get a salesperson, with the right key, to open the display, prove she was older than 18 and she had to purchase the knife in the sporting goods area, she could not wander the store with it.

Next she went to housewares, where she could get any kitchen knife, no matter the size, even the ones that look like small machetes, carry them anywhere in the store and purchase them without having to prove anything.

Infidelski
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
EXACTLY

aliceinchains
12-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't get it either. The packaging for the knife was about 8x10 most likely and you needed a machete to open it.

They have my local WalMart all fucked up. Might as well call it a maze. I think it was done purposely.

deth502
12-27-2010, 05:40 PM
:lool:

imanaknut
12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Great story documenting the continued stupidity that seems to be running rampant in this formerly great country. :losing-it::losing-it::losing-it:

You want to scare the heck out of the salesperson with the key? Go to housewares first and pick up a couple of those "machetes" and then go to the sporting goods department and ask to see that "mouse knife"! Make sure they see the cookware.

old Grump
12-27-2010, 06:22 PM
You honyocks just simmer down now. Its for our own good and for the safety of our children. How dare you question the logic of authority figures. :roflmao:

alismith
12-27-2010, 06:24 PM
But, everyone knows that the Swiss Army knife, with all its attachments is considered an "assault weapon." Kitchen knives are 100% safe, no matter how big.

slamfire51
12-27-2010, 07:19 PM
But, everyone knows that the Swiss Army knife, with all its attachments is considered an "assault weapon." Kitchen knives are 100% safe, no matter how big.

Remember, a kitchen butcher knife will NOT pop your cork, which may put your eye out!!

Damn assault weapons. Ban the little buggers.

vit
12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Those folding knives are only dangerous to the user. Ask how I know - all my folders now have a blade lock.

ltorlo64
12-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Those folding knives are only dangerous to the user. Ask how I know - all my folders now have a blade lock.

I wasn't going to ask, I have done the same thing.

btcave
12-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Are you called "Vit of the Nine Fingers" in your neck of the woods?

HDR
12-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Wal-mart has lost touch with reality.

FunkyPertwee
12-27-2010, 09:47 PM

When I was a little boy my father taught me not to trust folders. Ever since, all my folders have had locks, with the exception of a few small swiss army knives.

Most of the time, I find myself using my Lenox folding razor knife.

alismith
12-27-2010, 11:28 PM
When I was a little boy my father taught me not to trust folders. Ever since, all my folders have had locks, with the exception of a few small swiss army knives.

Most of the time, I find myself using my Lenox folding razor knife.

Funky, do you have a pic of this knife? I use a folding razor knife most of the time, too. My favorite one was a spring-assisted opener, but the screws kept falling out and now it sits in a drawer. I haven't been able to find another one like it anywhere.

vit
12-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Are you called "Vit of the Nine Fingers" in your neck of the woods?
Wasn't that bad. ;)