PDA

View Full Version : Knapping, with pliers, and screwdriver

arcangel
12-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Just finished this little arrow head tonight, I think it looks like shit, its been way too long since I've made any. Took about 3 hours, tomorrow i'll be looking for an arrow to connect it to. Infinite ammo! Almost. Just thought Id share. Knapping with another rock is a bitch, so you can use pliers to knap, and a flathead to grind. Saving some time.

arcangel
12-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Update: fixed the arrowhead to an arrow shaft today, a branch sapling. Used old hair ties and glue, would like to find some goose or duck feathers for the flechings. But will most likely use what I have on hand, rubber tire innertube works well too on the cheap.

arcangel
12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Update again: just finished the arrow, ended up using leather for the vains, and some cord and glue to fix it to the shaft. Its only a 2 feathered arrow instead of 3. The leather was kind of thick and I split the nock area to slide it into place. Its primative, but I've made them before and could get pretty good accuracy at 25-40 yards from my last self bow. I normally use goose feathers, sewing string, and utility blades to make my arrows.