PDA

View Full Version : Viridian® X5L Universal Green Laser Sight / Tac Light Combo: Possibly Selling...

swampdragon
07-25-2010, 04:07 AM
So I bought this green laser/ light combo around a year ago.

To be honest, the "Performance" has been absolutely amazing.

The laser on this unit will strobe at different speeds as well as constant on or off.
You can set it any way you like.
And the Green color shows up for miles down the road.

The light on this unit does the exact same thing.
Steady on...or different speeds of strobe.

All in all, this particular unit is downright awesome.
I can't even lie about it.
It's freakin' sweet!
It's the coolest ever.
It's one of the coolest things I've ever owned...

BUT!......

After having mounted it on my HK USP full-size 45acp.....
I am having trouble with finding holsters.
There are holsters out there for damned near every other brand of gun except mine.
It's really pissing me off.

Long story short, I paid right at $300 for it, and am willing to sell it for $200 plus maybe $10 bucks for shipping and whatever.

Is this a fair price for something that is used, but still in fantastic shape?
Still have the original box, instruction manual, spare parts, tools, and the whole deal.
Plus, these units are on back-order at the company because they really are "that" awesome.

Is $200 + $10 not enough to ask for this "like brand new" unit?
It also works on long gun 1913 Picatinny rails too.
Just wanted some opinions before I put it in the "Classifieds" area....

If you have an XD, a Glock, a Sig , a S&W, and quite a few other brands of pistols... and/or you don't care about holsters per say because you want it on a bed-side gun.....you'll love this thing!

If you have an HK...forget about holster options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3QCZHQETxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOC6Rrg6e0&feature=related

NewbieAKguy
07-25-2010, 04:16 AM
I'd love to take it off your hands swampy and put it on my bedside g21sf, just don't have the extra cash now to get it....just bought a dillon 550b reloader and a tumbler is next on my list. Totally agree with the green laser being better than red; eyes pick up the green faster than red. Finding holsters with light attachments is definitely a bitch, especially if the light/laser isn't surefire or insight, I would have thought blackhawk or other top holster maker would have caught on. Have you thought of doing a one-off holster through galco or another company willing to do specialty holsters? One of the all-in-one holster blackhawk or safariland might be made to work with it and your hk.

As for checking what a reasonable used price would be, maybe check gunbroker or other sights to compare?

swampdragon
07-25-2010, 05:42 AM
I'd love to take it off your hands swampy and put it on my bedside g21sf, just don't have the extra cash now to get it....just bought a dillon 550b reloader and a tumbler is next on my list. Totally agree with the green laser being better than red; eyes pick up the green faster than red. Finding holsters with light attachments is definitely a bitch, especially if the light/laser isn't surefire or insight, I would have thought blackhawk or other top holster maker would have caught on. Have you thought of doing a one-off holster through galco or another company willing to do specialty holsters? One of the all-in-one holster blackhawk or safariland might be made to work with it and your hk.

As for checking what a reasonable used price would be, maybe check gunbroker or other sights to compare?

As for holsters...the HK is a hard fit for some reason.
I have a nylon Blackhawk holster now...but it's too soft.
If you bump the side of the holster hard enough, the light comes on.
Not good.

It needs to be on a long gun, or in a kydex holster, or a night stand gun not it a holster.
Unfortunately, I already have all those bases covered.
That's why I'm thinking of selling.
The sucky part is I really don't want to.
The light/laser itself is awesome...

NewbieAKguy
07-25-2010, 05:54 AM
I'd hate to part with it too. I know I've seen or been told of a holster maker, in TX I think, that can do special order holters in kydex. Something like you'd send him the pistol and light and he'd custom mold the holster to it. I'll try to do some looking around for the guy. Just not sure how much you'd want to spend on a holster. Maybe make it a dedicated rifle light/laser?

mriddick
07-25-2010, 07:10 AM
You might want to look into a custom holster, much of the cost of a custom made holster could be justified by not losing $100-150 on the laser.

AKTexas
07-25-2010, 07:57 AM
You can also mount it on your AK and get a different system for the HK.

Solidus-snake
07-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm... possibly :think:

swampdragon
07-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Hmmmm... possibly :think:

Possibly what?
Mount it on the AK like TEX said?