PDA

View Full Version : So I Bought A Lower Today

ltorlo64
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, after the responses I got to my last post about building an AR, you guys talked me into building my own. I went out today and bought the stripped lower. It is a AERO-Precision lower that I got from a shop in Tacoma called Surplus Ammo and Gun. The lower is actually made in Tacoma and I have heard alot of good things about them.

Now I have to decide where to buy the rest of the rifle from. I am looking to build a classic looking AR and I have narrowed the choices to Del-Ton and Model 1 Sales. Both offer comparable kits for about the same price. I am leaning towards the Del-Ton because I have heard alot of good things about them. The guy that is going to help me with the build has done 3 rifles in various calibers and configurations from Del-Ton and been very pleased with the results.

So, I almost walked out of the store with a complete rifle instead of just the lower. The shop had built a bunch of rifles on the same AERO-Precision lower as I bought and then using DPMS parts for everything else. They were asking $599.99 for the rifle. Had I not really wanted to build my own rifle and if it had been in the A2 configuration vice the A3 I probably would have jumped on it. I almost did anyway. My wife was with me and I think she was concerned that I would do it. The rifle was also a carbine with a collapsable stock which is pretty much as far as you can get from the classic AR style as you can get.

I figure I will order the rest of the kit in about a month. Need to save up a little more for the big expenditure, then it is time to put it together.

American Rage
12-31-2010, 09:03 PM
http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=U15A2CB&Category=bce7fa68-373e-4afc-b00e-63fe2c75d131

RAGE

NAPOTS
12-31-2010, 09:20 PM
congrats I built a 20" A2 on an aero precision lower, the lower seems to be fantastic and it was cheap as dirt, I got mine for under $100.

O.S.O.K.
12-31-2010, 10:46 PM
I'll just add a hell yah for del-ton. I too have three that I've put together using their kits. All are great carbines.

matshock
01-06-2011, 03:24 PM
+1 I just bought an AP lower from the New Frontier Armory here in Vegas.

AR lowers are a pretty well-paved road at this point but it's good that they're making them out west!

ATAK, Inc.
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
+1 I just bought an AP lower from the New Frontier Armory here in Vegas.

AR lowers are a pretty well-paved road at this point but it's good that they're making them out west!

Your post reminded me that New Frontier is right around the corner, so I finally went to pay a visit, to find them closed today :anger:

I got a lower from NODAK last fall and am trying to decide on what I want to build, a 20" rifle or a SBR, or both:)

matshock
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Your post reminded me that New Frontier is right around the corner, so I finally went to pay a visit, to find them closed today :anger:

I got a lower from NODAK last fall and am trying to decide on what I want to build, a 20" rifle or a SBR, or both:)

Ha, I did the same thing Tuesday.

They keep odd hours but their prices on parts are reasonable. I got a full built lower for $199.99+tax+fee. That's a bit more than what I could build one for but they let me hand pick one with a nice trigger pull.