PDA

View Full Version : Let the verbal abuse begin!!!

NewbieAKguy
01-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, I thought I might as well come clean. Forgive me brothers and sisters, for I have sinned!!! LOL

:buttwhip::buttwhip::buttwhip::buttwhip::buttwhip:

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/NewbieAKguy/P1000820.jpg

I wouldn't have bought the rifle if i hadn't of gotten one heck of a deal. All I'll say about that is I'm still able to buy the adjustable stock later and still have paid less than what the average price for a basic is everywhere I looked. And now, back to the lashings! :biggrina:

FunkyPertwee
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Nice! If you got the cash and desire I have no problem with this rifle, its just not what I would have bought.

Does the color look better in person? The picture makes it look sorta weird. I think I would have gotten green.

Congratulations though. I know how excited I am when I spend more than I should on hardware I don't really need.

Oh, and how do you like the plastic magpul sights?

btcave
01-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Nice...

Excuse my ignorance, but what is it?

NewbieAKguy
01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice! If you got the cash and desire I have no problem with this rifle, its just not what I would have bought.

Does the color look better in person? The picture makes it look sorta weird. I think I would have gotten green.

Congratulations though. I know how excited I am when I spend more than I should on hardware I don't really need.

Oh, and how do you like the plastic magpul sights?

Color (flat dark earth) does look better in person, I'm not that great with a camera plus no natural light to use. I would have gotten green too if it was offered; right now it's either black or FDE. I haven't had a chance to sight them in yet, but so far they're more solid than I would have thought...guess more proof that magpul makes a quality product. They raise nice and fast and lock down solid. I've inserted cproduct metal mags and pmags and all drop free so far.

That, btcave, is the Masada.......errr I mean Bushmaster ACR. :D

Mr. Rodgers
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
:thumbspbig:
Well, I thought I might as well come clean. Forgive me brothers and sisters, for I have sinned!!! LOL

:buttwhip::buttwhip::buttwhip::buttwhip::buttwhip:

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/NewbieAKguy/P1000820.jpg

I wouldn't have bought the rifle if i hadn't of gotten one heck of a deal. All I'll say about that is I'm still able to buy the adjustable stock later and still have paid less than what the average price for a basic is everywhere I looked. And now, back to the lashings! :biggrina:
Now that’s what I call sinning big time, you lucky devil.

btcave
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Ah, seen them before, but couldn't remember what they were called.

FunkyPertwee
01-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Color (flat dark earth) does look better in person, I'm not that great with a camera plus no natural light to use. I would have gotten green too if it was offered; right now it's either black or FDE. I haven't had a chance to sight them in yet, but so far they're more solid than I would have thought...guess more proof that magpul makes a quality product. They raise nice and fast and lock down solid. I've inserted cproduct metal mags and pmags and all drop free so far.

That, btcave, is the Masada.......errr I mean Bushmaster ACR. :D

That is great to hear!

Glad you found a killer deal on a killer rifle for your last purchase for a while.

btcave
01-02-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/images/acr-blk-basic.png

Holy mother of heck! MSRP... Yikes!

Probably can be had around $1800ish?

NewbieAKguy
01-02-2011, 10:49 PM

Like I said, I paid no where near msrp....that's nuts. I got it for less than that.

NewbieAKguy
01-02-2011, 10:50 PM
That is great to hear!

Glad you found a killer deal on a killer rifle for your last purchase for a while.

Hopefully it'll last me awhile!:biggrina:.

btcave
01-02-2011, 10:53 PM
When do you think you'll get to shoot it? I'd love to hear a range report. With pics or video if you can swing it.

NewbieAKguy
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
When do you think you'll get to shoot it? I'd love to hear a range report. With pics or video if you can swing it.

That's all in the works. I'll probably be a wuss and wait until it's warmer outside :D. I plan on showing a breakdown of it too with all parts apart. Pain in the butt working nights sometimes...

Dr_Scholl
01-03-2011, 12:36 AM

And the promised MSRP was "around $1,500":mad:

Anybody still have that Downfall ACR vid?

Gunreference1
01-03-2011, 01:53 AM
NewbieAKguy, just so you're aware.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?3562-Bushmaster-ACR-Recall

If you go to the Bushmaster link (http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/acrlookup.asp)it can tell you if you ACR is affected.

Steve

NewbieAKguy
01-03-2011, 02:52 AM
NewbieAKguy, just so you're aware.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?3562-Bushmaster-ACR-Recall

If you go to the Bushmaster link (http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/acrlookup.asp)it can tell you if you ACR is affected.

Steve

Yup, I remember from the first thread you posted. It's all good; not part of the recall. :thumbsup:

AKTexas
01-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Well congrats...I was wanting one but they did not produce the caliber I wanted.

abpt1
01-03-2011, 08:37 AM
If I could afford one id have one :thumbsup:

Gunreference1
01-03-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/images/acr-brown-basic.png

NewbieAKguy, it looks like you have the ACR SS 16M C (Brown Basic Configuration) version. Do you also have the 6.8 SPC barrel & bolt?

Steve

Blacksmith
01-03-2011, 12:51 PM
What a beautiful piece of hardware!

I’m looking forward to the range report.

Krupski
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Nice...

Excuse my ignorance, but what is it?

Don't feel bad. I don't know what it is either. Rifle of some kind I guess?

(ah read the rest of the posts. now I know.)

ubersoldate
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Abuse?
No way, that thing looks awesome!

NewbieAKguy
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/images/acr-brown-basic.png

NewbieAKguy, it looks like you have the ACR SS 16M C (Brown Basic Configuration) version. Do you also have the 6.8 SPC barrel & bolt?

Steve

That is indeed the version I have. I don't have the 6.8 SPC barrel & bolt, and chances are I probably won't. I'm not convinced yet that it's worth getting until more ammo makers start making it to bring prices down. I'm going to be riding Bushmaster/cerberus/whoever's ass on getting a 7.62x39 barrel out ASAP. Heck, i'd go for 5.45 and 6.5 Grendel too before 6.8 at this time.

I’m looking forward to the range report.
Will be posted, along with pics, as soon as I get some free time. I'm going to post some pics of it broken down into parts in case anyone was curious about certain parts of it.

ubersoldate

Abuse?
No way, that thing looks awesome!

Thanks. Maybe I should have said joshing or chop-busting :D.

arcangel
01-04-2011, 02:11 AM
MMMMM now thats what Im talking about! Very nice rifle man, would also like to see a range report when you can. You going to put some glass on that beast? An acog would be sweeeeet!

NewbieAKguy
01-04-2011, 02:21 AM
MMMMM now thats what Im talking about! Very nice rifle man, would also like to see a range report when you can. You going to put some glass on that beast? An acog would be sweeeeet!

I'll eventually get a scope/red dot for it. I really like the Millett DMS 1-4x scope I have on my AR, mebe get another one. ACOGs are cool and all, but I'm not a fan of the fixed 4x. I'm more interested in an aimpoint m4s or t1, maybe even leupold's prismatic. I'll have to wait and see; alot of the other glass makers out there are really stepping up their game, like nikon, burris, etc. Heck, even vortex is raising their notch. TBD :).

Solidus-snake
01-04-2011, 05:19 AM
That is friggin awesome! I like the feel and heft of the ACR far more than the scar.

Beware, don't overtighten the sight screws; I broke mine that way.

HDR
01-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Nice rifle, let us know how accuracy is..

Congratulations.

arcangel
01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I dont mind the fixed power of the Acog, I like it at range. Buckets at 500m is pretty cool, close in, not as cool. But I do see what your sayin man. Either way you set that rifle up I bet its gunna be real nice. A can would be the shit! Thats a piston driven rifle isnt it? Wasnt too sure or not. Id like a SCAR personally, but for that price I could set up a few AR's or trick out one. Thats cool you got it below MSRP like you mentioned.

Partisan1983
01-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Congrats man !!!

I got to handle one back to back with the SCAR-L, and I preferred the SCAR, but my brother who was there with me, preferred the ACR.

If I had the money, I'd own 'em both....

AKTexas
01-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Congrats man !!!

I got to handle one back to back with the SCAR-L, and I preferred the SCAR, but my brother who was there with me, preferred the ACR.

If I had the money, I'd own 'em both....

I'd go for the SCAR .308 and the ACR 7.62x39...Those both would be the two dream rifles for me.

matshock
01-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey the only bad rifle is the one that doesn't work.

Is the top rail all alloy? Is there some alloy framing inside the upper reciever or does the bolt ride on polymer?

Thanks!

NewbieAKguy
01-06-2011, 06:57 AM
That is friggin awesome! I like the feel and heft of the ACR far more than the scar.

Beware, don't overtighten the sight screws; I broke mine that way.

Thanks for the tip on the screws!

AKTexas

I'd go for the SCAR .308 and the ACR 7.62x39...Those both would be the two dream rifles for me.

I'm in agreement with the SCAR .308....kinda debating selling my ptr-91 and all the stuff for it to get one (or AR-10 variant).

matshock

Hey the only bad rifle is the one that doesn't work.

Is the top rail all alloy? Is there some alloy framing inside the upper reciever or does the bolt ride on polymer?

Thanks!

Top rail is all alloy. I admit I haven't taken it completely apart yet, but I'm pretty confident on the lower, stock, and BUIS are only polymer parts.

matshock
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Top rail is all alloy. I admit I haven't taken it completely apart yet, but I'm pretty confident on the lower, stock, and BUIS are only polymer parts.

OK, the whole upper is alloy now:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/18/bushmaster-acr-photos/

The original design (Magpul Masada) was for a mostly polymer upper with an alloy rail/barrel mount bolted into it. The bolt/carrier was actually supposed to ride on polymer rails!

So, the Bushmaster version has gained a pound of alloy, is probably a bit more heat tolerant and still has a quick change barrel.

I wonder what scared them away from the original design? Either it could melt or the injection molding/assembly costs were too high for the origingal upper would be my guess.

HDR
01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
"Magpul Industries is not Jewish owned or Israeli backed, however Magpul has always found the story of the Masada as a bold example of defiance

Magpul's choice of names was showed a different boldness. :D

Krupski
01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
[/I]Magpul's choice of names was showed a different boldness. :D

Friends of ours named their daughter "Hadassah". And they aren't Jewish. In fact, they're "black" (or "Americans with darker skin than I have"). Go figure. :gruebel:

skatedcshoes
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Nice rifle and glad you got a great deal on it.

TEN-32
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Well I apparently missed this when originally posted. Very nice NewbieAKguy. Did you sell the ptr-91?

Schuetzenman
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I have yet to pick up and otherwise examine the ACR. Got so bumed by the crack head high price I've refused to touch one. But gratz to you on getting one and only being half raped vs. fully raped on the price. :laughingtohard:

All kidding aside, conratz on the ACR. I'm really interested in the accuracy of the weapon, so post some group photos you shoot with it with measurements of the group sizes if you can.

NewbieAKguy
03-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Well I apparently missed this when originally posted. Very nice NewbieAKguy. Did you sell the ptr-91?

Not as of yet. Got the ACR before I planned on selling the ptr91, sooooo ptr91 is still available for sale. I will be running it by bud's gun shop to maybe haggle and head to a bigger gun shop to see if they'd be interested. And to S-man, yes I guess half-raped is somewhat accurate, LOL. I do plan on posting accuracy and grouping pics ASAP.