PDA

View Full Version : price check

mustangpd
01-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Looking at a 16 inch ar-15 rifle in 5.56 . The barrel is not chrome lined but made out of a chrome alloy ( not sure what that means ). Delton receiver with a flip up rear sight. It has the following options with it.

1. Fore grip and piccany style rails with covers.
2. M240 style grip
3. 2 tapco magazines
4. hard case and sling.

all of it is brand new (with life time warranty) from the factory for 750 US dollars OTD.

aliceinchains
01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
41xx steel is a family of steel grades, as specified by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Alloying elements include chromium and molybdenum, and as a result these materials are often referred to as chromoly steel or CRMO. They have an excellent strength to weight ratio, are easily welded and are considerably stronger and harder than standard 1020 steel.

While these grades of steel do contain chromium, it is not in great enough quantities to provide the corrosion resistance found in stainless steel.

Examples of applications for 4130 include structural tubing, bicycle frames, AK-47 receivers, clutch and flywheel components, and roll cages. 4150 stands out as being one of the steels accepted for use in M16 rifle and M4 carbine barrels by the United States military. They are also used in aircraft and therefore 41xx grade structural tubing is sometimes referred to as "aircraft tubing".

American Rage
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I think there are better deals out there. My advice is to run an "advanced search" on gunbroker for your home state, first. It you don't find anything, then I'd consider it.

Rage

mustangpd
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I did that and most were around 850 with out all the bells and whistles. Does anyone know if del ton receivers are mil spec?

Schuetzenman
01-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I did that and most were around 850 with out all the bells and whistles. Does anyone know if del ton receivers are mil spec?

I can say their upper receiver works on every lower I have; Colt, Rock River, DPMS and Stag. I have a mid length upper converted to piston drive that has been fine in function for about 2 years now.

shadow65
01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
I've had a few DelTon builds. All are good to go.