PDA

View Full Version : Stove Question

BigDumbGerman
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Anybody got any practical experience with Esbit stoves? I'm talking about the rectangular folding "pocket" stove/"tommy cooker" types. I picked up a couple, fuel included on the cheap, but have never used one with esbit fuel, only trioxane.

Will this stuff boil water?

Thanks,

BDG

btcave
01-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I used one in the Army when I was stationed in Germany. It will boil water. Hohenfels in February was cold, and I used it to make lots of Coffee.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsAAJxfQzgW38UNAc477BWvk9Q5Wzw3 Kxq4sIQnuHYkSGX0XIeVw

BigDumbGerman
01-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes Sir, that's the one! One of the ones I snagged is more of a black/blued-steel looking thing and just a tad bigger, but holds up better in the lower position. Six of one; half-dozen the other. I was impressed they came WITH fuel for the price I got 'em for.

Thanks,

BGD

Altarboy
01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I have a few. They are nice and you can also use the surplus trioxane bars with this stove. I have a thing for camping stoves and I have collected many different kinds over the years. Be sure to make a can (alcohol) stove. Directions are available on the internet.