PDA

View Full Version : World Juniors Hockey....Russia comes back from 0:3 to win 5:3

Vorkutinetz
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Well done, boys!!! Hope they get a chance to bring the Hockey back to where it ince was...

Momentous Canadian collapse hands Russia gold at world juniors:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/juniorhockey/article/916641--momentous-canadian-collapse-hands-russia-gold-at-the-world-juniors?bn=1

"BUFFALO—A full hour after it was over, there was still only disbelief.

The members of Canada’s world junior hockey team, up 3-0 and only a 20-minute victory lap away from the gold medal, couldn’t find the words to explain an epic third-period collapse that saw Russia skate off with a 5-3 win here Wednesday night.

“I don’t know what happened, to be honest,” said Canadian defenceman Tyson Barrie. “It just kind of got away from us.

“This is the worst feeling I’ve ever had.”

That sentiment extended beyond his teammates to most of the 18,690 maple-leaf-wearing fans at the HSBC Centre, who had spent the first two periods celebrating what looked like a sure gold medal for the Canadians.

But the Russians, who had staged dramatic come-from-behind victories in the quarter-final over Finland and semifinal over Sweden to get to the gold-medal game, did it again....." (continued in the link)

Dr_Scholl
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
The Canadians beat us 4-1 so i'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Vorkutinetz
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Another funny news story....just read it on one of the Russian websites....The team was too drunk to board the plane back to Moscow:) They are now stuck in Buffalo until tomorrow or the day after:) They did not specify whether it was the whole team or some team members...but looks like they have been celebrating:)

Penguin
01-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a good game I would have like to watch that one.