PDA

View Full Version : Ruger556 or Sig 516

justinsaneok
01-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Sig 516
Ruger 556

old Grump
01-08-2011, 08:52 PM
You need to be at least 7 years old to be able to shoot the Sig so you better get the Ruger.

I know, I know, I'm an

:asshole2:

But I couldn't help it, I just remembered this clip when you posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEkpdvuYWVE&feature=player_detailpage

justinsaneok
01-08-2011, 08:59 PM
So your not voting Grump? It's out of character for you not to share your opinion when the chance presents itself. I know I'm a dick. LOL:conf44:

justinsaneok
01-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I can't believe nothing was said about my poll saying 561 instead of 516.

AKTexas
01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm still on the fence for both the Ruger and Sig.I'd like to shoot one of each before a real judgement.

Sig got my vote because of the email I got today.They are offering the upper at a discount unlike Ruger's offering at nearly the cost of the full rifle.

AR-15/M16 Rifle Owners...
Available For The First Time EVER...
from SIG SAUER®

The NEW SIG516 Upper Receiver Kit.

NOW accepting orders at a special
limited time promotional price!
$1285.00 RETAIL PRICE

NOW... $949.00
For a limited time with FREE shipping!

Unlock The Full Potential Of Your AR-15/M16

Now available, convert your AR-15/M16 rifle with this SIG516 upper receiver kit from SIG SAUER. With its short stroke pushrod gas system, chrome-lined and phosphate-finished, military grade 10" or 16" barrel, and adjustable, three position gas valve, the SIG516 upper receiver kit incorporates the most desirable mechanical improvements. Add to these a free-floating barrel, and a aluminum quad rail forend, and you have the most advanced, versatile AR-based rifle available.

Also Available... at a discounted price.
With the purchase of a SIG516 Upper receiver Kit.
The G-LAD Green Laser produces a green laser beam visible 600 yards during daylight, and 1 mile at night.
20 times brighter than red laser lights, produces a target dot smaller than 2" at 100 yards.

NOW... $149.95

Order today, limited to the first 300 callers.

Normally sells for $349.00
A Savings of $199.05!

justinsaneok
01-08-2011, 11:20 PM
AK check this out. http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1710053122
and this http://rugerforum.net/ruger-semi-auto/20703-sr-556-buffer-wear-getting-worse-pics.html I'm not really impressed with the sig the more I look at it.

NewbieAKguy
01-08-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm still on the fence for both the Ruger and Sig.I'd like to shoot one of each before a real judgement.

Sig got my vote because of the email I got today.They are offering the upper at a discount unlike Ruger's offering at nearly the cost of the full rifle.

AR-15/M16 Rifle Owners...
Available For The First Time EVER...
from SIG SAUER®

The NEW SIG516 Upper Receiver Kit.

NOW accepting orders at a special
limited time promotional price!
$1285.00 RETAIL PRICE

NOW... $949.00
For a limited time with FREE shipping!

Unlock The Full Potential Of Your AR-15/M16

Now available, convert your AR-15/M16 rifle with this SIG516 upper receiver kit from SIG SAUER. With its short stroke pushrod gas system, chrome-lined and phosphate-finished, military grade 10" or 16" barrel, and adjustable, three position gas valve, the SIG516 upper receiver kit incorporates the most desirable mechanical improvements. Add to these a free-floating barrel, and a aluminum quad rail forend, and you have the most advanced, versatile AR-based rifle available.

Also Available... at a discounted price.
With the purchase of a SIG516 Upper receiver Kit.
The G-LAD Green Laser produces a green laser beam visible 600 yards during daylight, and 1 mile at night.
20 times brighter than red laser lights, produces a target dot smaller than 2" at 100 yards.

NOW... $149.95

Order today, limited to the first 300 callers.

Normally sells for $349.00
A Savings of $199.05!

Got same email, and true, kudos to Sig for selling much lower than Ruger....but, right now at Palmetto State Armory you can get S&W's piston AR with quad rail for $999. http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/rifles-556.php. And IIRC, S&W's piston is basically Adams Arms' piston (licensed or whatever it's called).

So at this time for me it'd be a toss-up. Depends on if you want entire rifle or just the upper. If entire rifle I'd go Ruger, just upper....dunno.

AKTexas
01-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Got same email, and true, kudos to Sig for selling much lower than Ruger....but, right now at Palmetto State Armory you can get S&W's piston AR with quad rail for $999. http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/rifles-556.php. And IIRC, S&W's piston is basically Adams Arms' piston (licensed or whatever it's called).

So at this time for me it'd be a toss-up. Depends on if you want entire rifle or just the upper. If entire rifle I'd go Ruger, just upper....dunno.

If I go piston systems I want a complete rifle and the POF's are high on the list of wants but I'm on the low end for funds...School first!

filthy phil
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
wanting a piston .308 myself:prayer:

justinsaneok
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I heard the sr 556 has a great finish and a very tight fit. Better than most anyways.

Warlord
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
POF all the way, check the spcs.

A few pics of mine :hoo-yeah:

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/POF_M4A3_002.JPG

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/POF_M4A3_003.JPG

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/POF_M4A3_011.JPG

Barrel:
4150 Mil-B-11595 chrome-moly vanadium alloy (machine gun rated)
“5R” polygonal right handed 1x8 twist hand-lapped button rifled barrels
from Rock Creek Barrels, Inc.
70 rockwell case hardened heat treated "5R" polygonal barrels
are 2 times harder than Mil-Spec & hammer forged barrels
Corrosion resistant and 10 times thicker and harder than
Mil-Spec chromed lining
POF-USA triple port muzzle device
Chamber: 5.56 x 45 mm NATO (.223 Rem)

Method of Operation:
Gas piston operated, rotating bolt (short stroke system)
2-position gas plug for normal (N) or suppressed (S) operating modes
C.R.O.S.™ (Corrosion Resistant Operating System) Never needs lube.
Nitrate heat treated: barrel, gas block/tube (billet machined), gas plug
NP3™ coated (billet machined), gas piston chromed (billet machined),
bolt carrier assembly NP3™ coated (one-piece billet machined),

Bolt & Carrier:
Nickel Teflon plated 8620 integral keyed steel bolt carrier
(billet machined), heat treated/plated per Mil-Spec
Roller cam pin NP3™ coated
Chrome plated bolt, heat treated to Mil-Spec

NP3™ Plating:
NP3™ is a combination of a nickel alloy plating combined with
Polytetrafluoethylene aka Teflon. The plating components with
electroless or autocatalytic nickel is one of the most rapidly
developing metal finishing processes. The advantages of coating
uniformity, corrosion resistance and hardness are providing designers
with opportunities to protect and improve base materials in ways that
were not previously possible. Upper Receiver:
POF-USA M.R.R.™ Modular Railed Receiver, billet machined 7075-T6
aircraft aluminum alloy
2-piece upper receiver with free floating monolithic top rail
Oversized heat sink barrel nut
A3 flattop upper receiver NP3™ coated or black anodized
Black anodized charging handle

Lower Receiver:
P-415, Gen III billet machined 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
with integral oversized trigger guard
Ambidextrous bolt release lever machined into the lower receiver
Tactical integrated trigger system 4.5 lb non-adjustable single stage
competition trigger group
ERGO™ pistol grip
KNS™ anti-walk pins
NORGON ambidextrous magazine release
VLTOR™ 6-position retractable buttstock with Mil-Spec tube
NP3™ coated or black anodized finish

Handguards:
ERGO™ ladder rail covers
Sling/Bi-pod mount
POF-USA M.R.R.™ Modular Railed Receiver, free floating
monolithic top rail, tactical rail system

POF-USA Specifications:
All raw materials are manufactured from U.S. steel mills.
All heat treats, plating/coatings, are completed by U.S. owned
and operated manufacturers.
All accessory and component parts on weapons systems are from U.S. owned and operated manufacturers.
All of our weapon systems are 100% pure American made.
Regulated short stroke gas piston weapons system requires no lube!

The C.R.O.S. system is awesome, after firing just wipe down the bolt group and the interior of the carrier slap it back together dry and rock n roll. No lube!

I lucked out and got my upper for under 1K and being in a banned state mounted it on a built pre ban Bushmaster lower. Just remember you get what you pay for.

POF all the way! :machinegun:

AKTexas
01-09-2011, 10:01 PM
How about Bye you...jackass

Another one bites the dust.

NewbieAKguy
01-09-2011, 10:20 PM
If I go piston systems I want a complete rifle and the POF's are high on the list of wants but I'm on the low end for funds...School first!

In total agreement with that!

wanting a piston .308 myself
Agreed again.

Dafapa
01-11-2011, 12:20 AM
You mean that you do not have to lube the bolt group at all? How is that possible?

Also, what light are you using, and what's the optic in front of your eotec?

AKTexas
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Hello dear. I am a beautiful woman from Russia, and I'm tired of my husband's an alcoholic.
Every day he drinks and does not work, and rolls up the scandals and to have with him a long time did not have normal sex.
I can from him I can not get rid because the apartment on it and I do not where to turn.
At first I wanted to find a young lover, but then decided to leave the country and find yourself a foreign man.
I really want to find a foreigner to love me with all my heart and was not a miser.
Can someone realties of you want to meet?

LOL and another fuckhead for the roadhouse!

Warlord
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
You mean that you do not have to lube the bolt group at all? How is that possible?

Also, what light are you using, and what's the optic in front of your eotec?

Yes no lube, not needed. You can shoot the balls off of it and there are no signs of ware. The optic in back of the Eotec is an Aimpoint 4X magnifier, the light is a high output led off brand (works great and is plenty rugged).

It also has Daniel Defense Omega free float rails. I needed to rail it to fit both the Eotech and magnifier and figured what the hell whats another $400.00 now, might as well have the best. Bottom line, "you get what you pay for".

Dafapa
01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
The no-lube needed bolt group is the coolest gun thing I've seen in years.

Do you recall the brand/model of the light by chance? I've been looking for one for mine for a while, but whenever I find an affordable off brand light that looks promising I tend to find reviews that scare me.

Warlord
01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
The no-lube needed bolt group is the coolest gun thing I've seen in years.

Do you recall the brand/model of the light by chance? I've been looking for one for mine for a while, but whenever I find an affordable off brand light that looks promising I tend to find reviews that scare me.

It's been a while but I'll check and see if I can find the maker.

gpwasr10
01-17-2011, 03:44 PM
The Ruger for sure, I handled one yesterday and fell in love with it, a very nice weapon.

NewbieAKguy
01-21-2011, 02:31 AM
After checking gunbroker to get a rough idea what each is going for on average, which turns out they're roughly neck and neck, I voted for the Ruger due to the fact you get more accessories with it....most notably the 3 pmags.

:2cents:

justinsaneok
02-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Got the Ruger

NewbieAKguy
02-15-2011, 09:04 PM
:ttiwwop: