PDA

View Full Version : South Texas get together - needed.

O.S.O.K.
07-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Anybody up for a get together - maybe in San Antonio?

This isn't a shoot - just a gathering at a pizza place or bbq or somebody's ranch or somehting like that.

The purpose is to hook up - exchange phone numbers in person - discuss future possibilities - like a shoot, group hunts?, what-if plans, etc.

We've got several members from Austin on South - this could draw from Houston and up to Temple too.

Make it a Saturday so everybody can come - or most everybody.

What say?

I was reading Uber's comments about being hooked up in his area - and it struck me once again, that I'm not- not really. I'm so damned busy with work, etc. - but I think its important to start something.

Just pounding at the keyboard is getting old - and we need other communication lines established...

HOW ABOUT SATURDAY 7/31? That's next saturday?

AKTexas
07-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Anybody up for a get together - maybe in San Antonio?

This isn't a shoot - just a gathering at a pizza place or bbq or somebody's ranch or somehting like that.

The purpose is to hook up - exchange phone numbers in person - discuss future possibilities - like a shoot, group hunts?, what-if plans, etc.

We've got several members from Austin on South - this could draw from Houston and up to Temple too.

Make it a Saturday so everybody can come - or most everybody.

What say?

I was reading Uber's comments about being hooked up in his area - and it struck me once again, that I'm not- not really. I'm so damned busy with work, etc. - but I think its important to start something.

Just pounding at the keyboard is getting old - and we need other communication lines established...

HOW ABOUT SATURDAY 7/31? That's next saturday?

Next Saturday is no good for me.I finishing up building the last two blinds but count me in for a meet up.

O.S.O.K.
07-25-2010, 01:09 PM
OK - how about Sunday the 15th of August. I'm out of town the next weekend myself... This right here is the hardest part. Getting a date that a lot of people are available...

AKTexas
07-25-2010, 04:10 PM
OK - how about Sunday the 15th of August. I'm out of town the next weekend myself... This right here is the hardest part. Getting a date that a lot of people are available...

The 15th is good for me just figure out a time.

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Well looks like AKTexas and I are getting together for some BBQ (11:30 at Rudy's work?) ... anybody else interested?

AKTexas
07-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Well looks like AKTexas and I are getting together for some BBQ (11:30 at Rudy's work?) ... anybody else interested?

Which Rudy's?

linx310
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
You can put me down as a maybe. Right now my sch. is free but if I get a call from uncle sam to go pick up my M1009 its probably going to be around that time frame.

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Sounds good - glad to have another one - even a maybe... And as far as which Rudy's - AKT you're from SA - you tell us :)

There's one on the NW side - I think the original? But if there's one nearer to Austin that's be better... Or pick another spot. Rudy's just came to mind... I'd be good with sushi too :anim_beer-1:

AKTexas
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Sounds good - glad to have another one - even a maybe... And as far as which Rudy's - AKT you're from SA - you tell us :)

There's one on the NW side - I think the original? But if there's one nearer to Austin that's be better... Or pick another spot. Rudy's just came to mind... I'd be good with sushi too :anim_beer-1:

How about Coopers in New Braunfels on loop 337?Better food and even better looking women.

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 03:28 PM
OK - Coopers is good.

El Laton Caliente
07-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Damn, I'll still be in Alaska...

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
When do you get back? I don't see why we can't push it to the 21st or 22nd... I'd rather we get some more guys in on this anyway - myself...

AKTexas
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
When do you get back? I don't see why we can't push it to the 21st or 22nd... I'd rather we get some more guys in on this anyway - myself...

Let us gather all we can and set it up for when it is best for us all.

remy1492
07-27-2010, 07:02 AM
comm lines after shtf?
I figured cups with long strings :)

Id use a carrier pigeon, but I know between corpus and austin it'd get shot and eaten (this IS TX after all).

AKTexas
07-27-2010, 07:36 AM
comm lines after shtf?
I figured cups with long strings :)

Id use a carrier pigeon, but I know between corpus and austin it'd get shot and eaten (this IS TX after all).

You have to use ninja pigeons.

O.S.O.K.
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Let us gather all we can and set it up for when it is best for us all.

OK

:bump:

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
This does not mean we have to wait forever.

El Laton Caliente
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM

Should get back week of 24AUG10, but I'll likely sleep for two days... then drink and eat and sleep some more! I wouldn't count on me, my schedule is subject to too many changes on zero notice.

If I get on a more predictable schedule we'll come up with something...

L1A1Rocker
07-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I should be able to attend. It'd be great to meet some folks.

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Well Jac?You plan it I'll be there.

O.S.O.K.
07-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Lets hook some more fish and then set the date.... guys?

:bump: