PDA

View Full Version : The weather is here

cevulirn
01-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Its a snowin' in Atlanta. Roads are covered, and no one down here has snow tires. Looks like most of us will be stuck at home tomorrow...

To everyone else in this storm, stay safe.

Schuetzenman
01-09-2011, 11:32 PM
LOL, I just posted about the snow. I swear we have nearly 5 inches already on my patio! Was watching Fox news local and the weather man said the snow was being projected at 3 inches per hour in some areas.

ubersoldate
01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Dang! I stayed in Macon for a month during the winter, and it wasnt that cold at all!

Snow must wreck that town!
Stay warm gents.

Full Otto
01-09-2011, 11:42 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/33a5aau.jpg

old Grump
01-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I can spare about 10" and still have plenty if you want a little more. Biker brother just puts on his snowmobile suit and ski mask when it gets like that and keeps on trucking. I mean biking. Of course we were raised in this stuff so it is just a pain in the backside from shoveling, not a major hindrance. Just try and stay clear from those young boys with the 4WD vehicles, they always overdrive in the ice and snow till they have come up hard against immovable objects a few times. Takes some of them awhile to finally learn that get up and go power does not equate to braking power.

Don't forget to take pictures of this global warming phenomena.

Altarboy
01-10-2011, 07:42 AM
6" here in Cannon co. in Tennessee. It's beautiful. I drive a rig locally and we are shut down today.

Schuetzenman
01-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm getting about 6" on my patio, but with sleet falliing it's starting to look like a sponge vs. snow.

filthy phil
01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
it'll be 55 here today, going for a motorcycle ride :)

HDR
01-10-2011, 10:34 AM
it'll be 55 here today, going for a motorcycle ride :)

"Location: @ the bar with ferd"

For all the obvious reasons no one is jealous...

LOL ;) ;)

skorpion
01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Its a snowin' in Atlanta. Roads are covered, and no one down here has snow tires. Looks like most of us will be stuck at home tomorrow...

To everyone else in this storm, stay safe.
I'm sure there have got to be at least a few good 'ol Georgia boys with lifted 4x4s and knobby tires having fun in the snow down there. :) I was stationed in southern North Carolina for a few years and it cracked me up how folks would start going nuts and everything would shut down because of a couple flurries coming down. :runforhills: Must have thought the sky was falling. I can't imagine how crazy folks are getting over multiple inches of snow down there! :bigsmilebounce: Stay safe!

filthy phil
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
"Location: @ the bar with ferd"

For all the obvious reasons no one is jealous...

LOL ;) ;)

lol
houston

HDR
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm sure there have got to be at least a few good 'ol Georgia boys with lifted 4x4s and knobby tires having fun in the snow down there. :) I was stationed in southern North Carolina for a few years and it cracked me up how folks would start going nuts and everything would shut down because of a couple flurries coming down. :runforhills: Must have thought the sky was falling. I can't imagine how crazy folks are getting over multiple inches of snow down there! :bigsmilebounce: Stay safe!

You were Down East (Army) or coastal (Marine); a dusting of snow shuts them down there, lol. In western NC, we still have lifted trucks with knobby tires and it snows often. LOL

lol
houston

Hopefully you are safe from Ferd's fungi there. LOL

Vegeta
01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
the kids and I took the ole f-250 out yesterday and did doughnuts till we got bored and went back home hehehe.

cciota
01-11-2011, 09:09 AM
It's fun to watch people, here, freak out when it snows. I was in Wally World yesterday and there wasn't a gallon of milk to be found. Eggs, beer and bread were also in short supply. People in NC deal with the snow like people in CA deal with rain. Drive like bats out of hell and wonder why they end up in a ditch or in an accident. Funny part is that alot of them are yankees and should know how to drive in the snow.