PDA

View Full Version : Opening a single stack mag well on a WASR 10

ethan hunt
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Where would i find instructions or pictures of this modification for the wasr10 to accept double stack magazines on this website? I own a single stack presently and a dremel.

Blacksmith
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Where would i find instructions or pictures of this modification for the wasr10 to accept double stack magazines on this website? I own a single stack presently and a dremel.

The receiver is hardened steel. The only way I would attempt to open one up is with a Mill.
IMHO
Rather than hack it out and mess up the rifle with a dremil, you would be better off just selling it and purchasing one already done.

ethan hunt
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
OK, thats one way to go. Thanks.

Blacksmith
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
OK, thats one way to go. Thanks.
No problem
It’s definitely cheaper. considering what the compliance parts and machine work cost to convert one to a legal AKM configuration. $390.00 for one NIB just can’t be beat.

FunkyPertwee
01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I think it used to be more economical to convert a single stack years ago when they were much cheaper and required less to modify. Unfortunatley, those days are gone along with the $289 SAR-1.

Blacksmith
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I think it used to be more economical to convert a single stack years ago when they were much cheaper and required less to modify. Unfortunatley, those days are gone along with the $289 SAR-1.

It still pays off to tinker with the Russian Saiga line. I’ve been thinking of modifying one of their 20 gauge shotguns. Just haven’t got the funds to get past the projects I already have, much less start any new ones. :)

FunkyPertwee
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
It still pays off to tinker with the Russian Saiga line. I’ve been thinking of modifying one of their 20 gauge shotguns. Just haven’t got the funds to get past the projects I already have, much less start any new ones. :)

I agree. I got a dremel from santa this year and now I need a Saiga 12 to use it on.