PDA

View Full Version : I think I did ok.....

romakdaddy
01-10-2011, 07:22 PM
old fella in our wildlife action club had some 308 ammo in his car and wanted to know if i was interested when he saw my new LR-308. I said sure,he pulls out some boxes of old ammo marked 7.62 NATO lake city match 1967.He asked what id give for it and i told him $10 a box/20.got 100 rounds of the LC and some hand load with soft point hornaday (60 rounds) for $90.some of the lake city stuff has some corrosion on the cases but it should clean up nice.

Mr. Rodgers
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
old fella in our wildlife action club had some 308 ammo in his car and wanted to know if i was interested when he saw my new LR-308. I said sure,he pulls out some boxes of old ammo marked 7.62 NATO lake city match 1967.He asked what id give for it and i told him $10 a box/20.got 100 rounds of the LC and some hand load with soft point hornaday (60 rounds) for $90.some of the lake city stuff has some corrosion on the cases but it should clean up nice.

Lake city 67 match, I would say you did extremely well.:thumbspbig:

romakdaddy
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
ill get some pics later.

romakdaddy
01-16-2011, 09:53 AM
ok i didnt do good at all.all 5 boxes of the lake city are worthless.i cleaned up the outside of 2 boxes and had them looking good,the worst looking ones only having minor pitting.i was bugged at the fact you couldnt hear the powder shaking inside so i took a few rounds and pulled the bullets......woah what a mess.the back of the bullets were corroded to the point of scaryness(even had powder embeded in the corrosion) and only a small amount of powder came out the rest was a big clump inside the shell and the green stuff was having a party inside the shells.....thank god i didnt shoot them before checking.good thing is the seller will repay me for the lake city and the other boxes of reloads are fine.