PDA

View Full Version : GN Downtime Alternatives

mrkalashnikov
07-25-2010, 09:26 PM
During the 5 months or so our home site was inoperative I perused a number of other pro-firearm sites. Only ended up joining one and that was Gunco but never posted there much. Lurked on the AK files and a few others. Most of the other so-called gun sites sucked ass. I dunno but for some reason I always liked the atmosphere of this place. Not everybody marching in lockstep exactly but united in a common love of all things that burn powder. Just curious how other members got their "fix".

RJ Shooter
07-25-2010, 09:49 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guns-Network/10150185126850001?ref=ts

hazmat
07-25-2010, 09:59 PM
I got my 1911 on and went to the 1911 forum, then went over to Oswalds place off and on, tried Krapski's place once or twice, Facebooked it a few times trolling for updates, and even got onto arfcom. But there's nothing like being home.

ready
07-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I wandered around arfcom, m4carbine.net, snipershide, snipercentral. I can't say I didn't learn anything while gunsnet was down. I actually learned alot from snipershide. Like you said, though. I feel much more at home here. People are down to earth. We might break each others balls but it's usually good natured. I got so sick of the arrogance on some of the other forums.

FunkyPertwee
07-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Gunboards for my old school com-bloc needs.

XDtalk for my tupperware needs.

Nowhere else suits me like here. And on the other sites they complain about gunsnet being too "negative" or whatever.

My biggest complaint of other sites is they shun cursing, non-PC talk of about any kind, and bad mouthing Obama.

At least here the members have balls.

The spell check even red-lines "Obama"; yeah, this must be gunsnet.

I love how half the "smileys" are people dying. Damn its good to be back.

slamfire51
07-25-2010, 10:59 PM
I bounced around the AK boards and ended up joining Predator Masters and getting into predator hunting. Coyotes are really making an appearance around here. Killed 2 so far.
Waiting for cool/cold weather to go after them again.
Here's a pic of the 2 that made the mistake of walking in front of my 223 Savage.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/yotesjpgfull.jpg

ltorlo64
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
I got my 1911 on and went to the 1911 forum, then went over to Oswalds place off and on, tried Krapski's place once or twice, Facebooked it a few times trolling for updates, and even got onto arfcom. But there's nothing like being home.

With the exception of the 1911 forum, that is what I did. Glad to have this site back.

FunkyPertwee
07-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I bounced around the AK boards and ended up joining Predator Masters and getting into predator hunting. Coyotes are really making an appearance around here. Killed 2 so far.
Waiting for cool/cold weather to go after them again.
Here's a pic of the 2 that made the mistake of walking in front of my 223 Savage.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/yotesjpgfull.jpg

Those are pretty.

Do they tear up the garbage or what?

Just curious. I'm fixen to move further out into the country and heard we hade cayotes.

You shooting them for fun, or are they more dangerous than they look?

Obviously I wouldn;t try to pet one.

Dan Morris
07-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Back in late 90's...when Zoff/Dep Vaughn/Steve Mace and a few of us were without a home and found GN, I learned to have several backup sites. GN provided us a new home then and will continue to. I just don't put all my eggs in the same skillet.
Dan

slamfire51
07-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Those are pretty.

Do they tear up the garbage or what?

Just curious. I'm fixen to move further out into the country and heard we hade cayotes.

You shooting them for fun, or are they more dangerous than they look?

Obviously I wouldn;t try to pet one.

I hunt a 600 acre farm down the road from me. The owner raises cattle and goats. During the birthing times, the coyotes have killed several newborns.
Yotes also have become braver and are coming closer to homes and are killing people's pets.
I wouldn't want to corner one with no way for him to escape. They are vicious.