PDA

View Full Version : are you guys watching top shot in the history channel?

whos2kno
07-25-2010, 09:49 PM
why is the red team picking kelly.
i hope he wins top shot

RJ Shooter
07-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm watching it on DVR.... Shhhhhhhh! :p

whos2kno
07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
i will not say anything

ready
07-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I've watched a few episodes. How they picked some of those guys for that show is beyond me. Some of them are mediocre at best. Kelly is pretty impressive, though.

mriddick
07-25-2010, 10:24 PM
When nothing is on and I'm flipping through the channels I'll stop and watch it, I've maybe watched 30-45 minutes total and I've picked up on the kelly hate...they (his team) really wants him off don't they :)

RJ Shooter
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Soooooooo glad that Brad is gone!!! Get rid of Adam next, and I'll be a happy camper...

I love JJ and Peter, and the rest are pretty cool too. :p

ltorlo64
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I saw it a couple of weeks ago, for the first time. Looks like the only reality type show that I might actually like.

The week I watched they were shooting a modern semi-auto pistol at moving targets. Not only were they moving, but there was eight targets, 4 you had to shoot, four you had to miss, and they were all moving together in a line. Both shot 4 with 4 shots. That was impressive. The guy that lost actually shot two targets at the same time. One was the right one, the other was not. I was still very impressed.

NewbieAKguy
07-25-2010, 11:04 PM
why is the red team picking kelly.
i hope he wins top shot

Yup, you could tell that from episode one. I'm guessing they pick on him the most because he's the youngest member on the team, so appearently can't shoot for shit? I'm hoping he wins too. Or Peter, I like how he was busting Brad's chops for being a whiner :).

RJ Shooter
07-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Geeez, some of you guys are wound waaaaay too tight. It's a pro-shooting show on a major cable channel! Not some rinky-dink channel hidden in the 600 range!

It's been a very good show so far, forcing people with varying firearm skills to do things they're not used to!!!!!!!

And how did they pick them???

JJ Razor Racaza - USPSA World Champion
Blake Miguez - USPSA Grand Master
Iain Harrison - Former SAS and placed second in Trooper Class in the 2009 MGM Ironman multi-gun competition, using firearms he made himself.
Brad Engmann - USPSA Grand Master and IDPA Master

ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC.! Other's are former and current military, and they all either applied or were suggest for this show.

....Geeeez!

NewbieAKguy
07-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Geeez, some of you guys are wound waaaaay too tight. It's a pro-shooting show on a major cable channel! Not some rinky-dink channel hidden in the 600 range!

It's been a very good show so far, forcing people with varying firearm skills to do things they're not used to!!!!!!!

And how did they pick them???

JJ Razor Racaza - USPSA World Champion
Blake Miguez - USPSA Grand Master
Iain Harrison - Former SAS and placed second in Trooper Class in the 2009 MGM Ironman multi-gun competition, using firearms he made himself.
Brad Engmann - USPSA Grand Master and IDPA Master

ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC.! Other's are former and current military, and they all either applied or were suggest for this show.

....Geeeez!

Def. not disagreeing with you RJ. JJ, Blake and Iain have been nothing but classy, with occasional ego trip...but who wouldn't with their skills. I'm just saying there was an episode where Brad was whining cuz he had to shoot a beretta instead of his precious glock, and pissed and moaned because why the hell should he have to shoot a longbow. To me it looked like he was having a hissy fit. I just like how Peter commented that Brad should just suck it up and not whine about it.

After watching JJ in each episode, I'm beginning to think there isn't a firearm or other projectile device you can put in his hands that he won't be good at....definition of natural talent. It's not supposed to be just all pros. A few "amateurs" are thrown in too, and I just like to root for the underdog. I think I saw somewhere they taking apps/interviewing for season 2. SIGN UP NOW!!!

RJ Shooter
07-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Brad whined about everything!!! LOL!! I'm VERY glad he's gone. I want Adam gone next...

I can handle Blake's cockiness, simply because the boy's got Skills!!! And Peter, for the simple goofiness of his sense of humor, is great! I bet he was an outstanding Marine Sniper. Kelly has been fun to watch, simply because he's a Camp Perry type shooter who's never really shot anything else, and he's improving each week.

And, in my household, JJ is the favorite! ;)

This is a very good show. Just because someone doesn't like "Survivor" Colby as the host, or whatever, doesn't change the fact that it's a show that portrays firearms in an extreeeemely positive light.

NewbieAKguy
07-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Brad whined about everything!!! LOL!! I'm VERY glad he's gone. I want Adam gone next...

I can handle Blake's cockiness, simply because the boy's got Skills!!! And Peter, for the simple goofiness of his sense of humor, is great! I bet he was an outstanding Marine Sniper. Kelly has been fun to watch, simply because he's a Camp Perry type shooter who's never really shot anything else, and he's improving each week.

And, in my household, JJ is the favorite! ;)

This is a very good show. Just because someone doesn't like "Survivor" Colby as the host, or whatever, doesn't change the fact that it's a show that portrays firearms in an extreeeemely positive light.

Agreed. Know what would have been even cooler? Throw in guys like Bill Oglesby or Bob Munden. If Bob was in it I'd never stop laughing at his one liners :D. Too bad they didn't get Julie Goloski or Jessie Abbate on the show :naughty:

whos2kno
07-26-2010, 07:21 PM
im so freaking glade brad is gone.
what a complainer!!!!
im glade kelly did as good as he did. im sure this is where he gets booted off. he has proven him self in my mind.
i think they need to get the cowboy off next. he should have been gone in the last show

RJ Shooter
07-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I just got an eMail from the IDPA. Season Two is taking auditions... ;)