PDA

View Full Version : Pass the eye bleach please...

awp101
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Last weekend I found a sporterized Eddystone Model of 1917. I've been doing a little research to see if it's worth looking into (at the right price of course) and found this:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/awp101_2009/b2bc7f73.jpg

Words escape me... :lool:

btcave
01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Whoever did that should be beat with that abomination!

ATAK, Inc.
01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Last weekend I found a sporterized Eddystone Model of 1917. I've been doing a little research to see if it's worth looking into (at the right price of course) and found this:

I've seen better work at a Tijuana body shop!:mouse2:

Gunreference1
01-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Now that is an ugly stick!

Steve

slamfire51
01-15-2011, 07:17 AM
That has to be the best "professional" bedding job I've seen.

Mark Ducati
01-15-2011, 11:36 AM
That wood forearm looks like it came off of a cheap oak dining chair or rocker!

El Jefe
01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Words can't descibe what I think of that bubba'd rifle. :dammit:

docjonsn
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
even Bubba wouldn't do that,I think that was done by Bubba's retarded cousin.

awp101
01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Per the owner:

Gunplumber, it was advertised as THE UGLIES, with a critiquing eye I was thinking of the sum of all the parts, but at the time of the auction it was listed on several forums, I did not want competition on the bid but if this rifle became famous because of the attention I could not afford it, as it turned out with all the condensing comments kept most from admitting they bid on the auction, I ask everyone on one form to hold off until the bid was over because I had an interest, those with class helped me on the request, those that I considered dysfunctional keep going.

The rifle was like new, the laminated barrel served as the recoil lug and eliminated harmonics, the trigger was a Timeny, the hook up between the firing pin and trigger was very short, it does not have a metal magazine box, the builder formed it when he glass bedded the stock and he eliminated the long trigger guard with the floor plate.

There is no way this rifle was build in this configuration by someone that did not know what they were doing, I have a few friends that say "Do not build it ugly just because you can" I believe the builder wanted answers and had time to allow the barrel to cool, I spent 6 hours at the range with 10 rifles, I did not have anxiety attacks waiting for it to cool, I just shot something else. I mounted a 50mm scope to make sure I gave the rifle a chance before I removed the wood with all that Go-rillo grip (J-B Weld) looking stuff, for accuracy there is nothing I can do in the way of improving, 12 loads of 5 each were measured as small as a dime diameter to as large as a quarter without fliers, had I had confidence in the rifle before starting I would have tried harder or had someone else do the shooting, that would be a difficult sell, " I have this rifle that is ugly I want you to shoot to determine it's accuracy"?

Warhog01
01-15-2011, 07:28 PM
That has to be the worst I have seen but this week I have seen a bubba'd jap rifle with mum intact and a chopped enfield in gander mtn

Ohh.....the humanity, burn in hell bubba, burn!!

raxar
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
I'd pop on it for $150 or so, it would go perfectly in my "end of the world" gun collection. (as in guns that you'd find stashed in abandoned houses after SHTF, not what I'd want to carry around when things go bad).

jt1793
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM

:barf: :lol2: