PDA

View Full Version : Had to share this...

Zoff12
07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Just goes to show how firearms owners are about the friendliest people around.

I was at Fort Macon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Macon_State_Park) with the Kids doing a little sightseeing and educating. Well, I see this guy with a CMP shirt on and just strike up a conversation. He proceeds to educate me on several CMP rules and regs that I was unaware of and he seemed more than happy to do it. There was no "down talking" because I didn't know and there was a genuine feeling of his willingness to help.

Gun owners are just good people.

ltorlo64
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I have noticed that as well. Not necessarily gun owners, but people who enjoy shooting seem to be more curtious and polite, and they love to show others how much fun it is to shoot, even if the person already enjoys it. One of my favorite past times is to go to the range because the people are so friendly.

Kadmos
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I've got to agree, I seem to meet the nicest people at the range. People are constantly loaning tools, giving advice (sometimes wanted sometimes not but always in good spirit), or just chatting politely.

I went last week and the guy in the next booth saw I was using reloads (plastic boxes) and offered up his brass, I offered him a couple bucks and he refused.

2 booths down was a dad trying to teach his 9 year old girl to shoot with limited success and one of the range officers offered to help (all volunteers at a state park) and ended up giving her a really successful 1/2 hour lesson...she shot full mags of .22 into a 10 inch circle from 7 yards with the newish spacey looking Beretta (Neo I think?), which frankly was a whole lot better than alot of the guys were doing with some much more expensive gear and a serious game face on.

His only real obligation was to make sure she was being safe, but he really put in the time with her, didn't step on her dad's toes at all, and made it real easy and fun for her. Made me think of when I took my daughter shooting around the same age.

chiak47
07-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Now that I think about it; I have never ran into a asshole at any range I have ever been to. I have seen some assholish maneuvers such as shooting tec's sideways and other crap like that but I never ran into someone with a chip on his/her shoulder.

Maybe it's due to everyone being armed...:oh:

Dan Morris
07-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Paul, I've always noticed that shooters are friendly folks....I don't think being armed has a darn thing to do with it. Just a different makeup of people.
Dan