PDA

View Full Version : Off I Go!

ltorlo64
07-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I will be traveling for the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow I will fly to Norfolk, VA for a 3 day conference. On Friday morning I fly to Seattle for a week meetings at the shipyard in Bremerton. The next Friday I fly back to San Diego and meet my ship for some underway time. It is sort of nice to have a job that requires me to travel by some other means that just by sea! At least until December I have a trip a month somewhere. If I could just get the military to book me on one airline so I could take advantage of the frequent flier miles!

chiak47
07-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Could be worse...You could be stuck in some hot ass boiler room in the bottom of some tub.

ltorlo64
07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Could be worse...You could be stuck in some hot ass boiler room in the bottom of some tub.

Actually, when I am onboard, I work in the engine rooms. Not quite as hot as a boiler room, but it is still about 100F. As long as we keep the steam leaks down, it is not too humid though.

jeremiah johnson
07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I will be traveling for the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow I will fly to Norfolk, VA for a 3 day conference. On Friday morning I fly to Seattle for a week meetings at the shipyard in Bremerton. The next Friday I fly back to San Diego and meet my ship for some underway time. It is sort of nice to have a job that requires me to travel by some other means that just by sea! At least until December I have a trip a month somewhere. If I could just get the military to book me on one airline so I could take advantage of the frequent flier miles!

I would feel much safer on a Military flight than a civilian flight. Not too many ragheads on a Military flight, atleast I hope.