PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question Alert

georgep
01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
You where warned. I am looking at adding a muzzle break to the scoped rifle And I see It "One item for 922a Compliance" what the heck does that mean? Does that mean I get one atta-boy for the part or??
I had enough problems with taking "Tommy" to the range one time with an overactive guy freaking out when he saw the 50 round drum on it.

Thanks
George P.

imanaknut
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
922(r) only applies to imported rifles or rifles using imported parts. I would guess your "Tommy" is 100% US made so 922(r) doesn't apply.

imanaknut
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Now first, there are no stupid or dumb questions when it comes to firearms. Dumb or stupid answers maybe, but...:D

922 compliance means you cannot have more than 10 imported parts on a long gun, otherwise it becomes an evil baby killing machine. 10 imported parts or less and it is an angelic sporting weapon. Stupid yes, unconstitutional, oh yes.

So they advertise the brake as US made just in case someone already has 10 imported parts on their rifle. Adding a US brake is ok, but adding an imported brake would destroy the universe.

1968 GSA that gives the federal attorney general the power to determine if a firearm is sporting or not. I never saw a sporting clause in the constitution, but somehow our government is getting away with it.

FunkyPertwee
01-17-2011, 10:26 PM
You where warned. I am looking at adding a muzzle break to the scoped rifle And I see It "One item for 922a Compliance" what the heck does that mean? Does that mean I get one atta-boy for the part or??
I had enough problems with taking "Tommy" to the range one time with an overactive guy freaking out when he saw the 50 round drum on it.

Thanks
George P.

I'm guessing you go to the twin ponds gun range in the Francis Marion. One day an old guy was there with his grandkids shooting .22s and made a snide remark when he saw my SAR-1. After I bumpfired it he quickly gathered their stuff and left loudly ranting about illegal machineguns. I really didn't want to run anyone off, but I had already gotten permission from the forest ranger to bumpfire and I wasn't going to censor myself to comfort the old man. Lots of Fudds at that range, or at least used to be.

georgep
01-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm guessing you go to the twin ponds gun range in the Francis Marion. One day an old guy was there with his grandkids shooting .22s and made a snide remark when he saw my SAR-1. After I bumpfired it he quickly gathered their stuff and left loudly ranting about illegal machineguns. I really didn't want to run anyone off, but I had already gotten permission from the forest ranger to bumpfire and I wasn't going to censor myself to comfort the old man. Lots of Fudds at that range, or at least used to be.
This was in SC and I am an Old Fart and had just put the drum on the Tommy when he freaked out and picked up his cell phone and called the cops. They came and I let them Fire tommy all 50 rounds and they had a "BLAST" excuse the pun. They walked away smile on their face shaking their heads at the guy with his Single action .22 Ruger.