Penguin
01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Well that sure doesn't sound good.

btcave
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
From the web site

http://www.mountainhouse.com/

Dear Valued Customers:
As you know we have removed #10 cans from our website temporarily. The reason for this is sales of #10 cans have continued to increase. OFD is allocating as much production capacity as possible to this market segment, but we must maintain capacity for our other market segments as well.
Currently we are able to meet demand for Mountain House pouches and most of these products are still available for purchase on our website. We do have a small number of dealers that we will continue to make and ship #10 cans to and you will need to contact them directly to place an order. For a list of dealers, please contact us at MH-Info@ofd.com
We want to clarify inaccurate information that is being said on the internet, news and radio. This situation is not due to sales to the government domestically or internationally. We do sell products to this market, but we also sell other market segments, including Ingredient and Private Brand markets. The reason for this decision is solely due to an unexpected sales spike in #10 cans sales.
We expect this situation to be necessary for several months although this isn’t a guarantee. We will update this information as soon as we know more. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We sincerely hope you will continue to be Mountain House customers in the future.
Oregon Freeze Dry

justinsaneok
01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
It's all getting shipped to big underground government hidey holes. where they will all wait for us folks to die. LOL Not really funny but whatever.

old Grump
01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Well time to put the old smoke house together and start laying in wood for it. Thought my little smoker would do but what the hey. Not that big a deal to go large scale.

O.S.O.K.
01-19-2011, 10:20 PM
It's pretty clear to me that more and more people are prepping. I would be interested in seeing ammo sales vs the last five years... I'd bet it's also healthy.

I don't think "the government" is causing this particular increase in demand - more likely, "new" preppers - people that are just getting into prepping and doing the most obvious type of prepping as they begin to learn more about it. Just thinking logically...

01-19-2011, 11:12 PM
"Steve Quayle"....nuff said.

FunkyPertwee
01-20-2011, 12:36 AM
So I'm guessing now is not a good time to be too poor to buy survival gear.

O.S.O.K.
01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
So I'm guessing now is not a good time to be too poor to buy survival gear.

Depends on what kind of "survival gear" you're talking about.... and you may consider ebay - most people have a lot of unused/unwanted stuff sitting around that other people will pay good money for = which can be converted to that "survival gear".

recon
02-05-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.nitro-pak.com/products/Food-storage/survival-Foods?gclid=CI6_1aW68aYCFcTb4AodByRRFw