PDA

View Full Version : Who has access to 91,000 secret documents to leak them?

mriddick
07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Would there be that many people in the gov't or Military who have access to the 91,000 documents to make it that tough to narrow it down to who leaked the Afghan War documents to wikileaks? Supposedly Wiki has another 15,000 or so documents...

American Rage
07-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I just want somebody to hang for leaking it. Literally, they should be executed for their crime.

Rage

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Who has the most to gain from the release of these documents.

And I totally agree that this is a capital offense.

El Laton Caliente
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Treason, but then most of what Congress and the Whitehouse have been doing could be termed the same... My guess is that is where it came from.

swampdragon
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Civilian IT person?
They have access to all sorts of stuff every time you call them to fix a computer.

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 06:39 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100726/us_yblog_upshot/22-year-old-army-officer-bradley-manning-at-center-of-wikileaks-firestorm

Here's the shitstain right here:

http://mit.zenfs.com/5/AP10063018471.jpg

Who is the 22-year-old Army analyst at center of WikiLeaks firestorm?
By Brett Michael Dykes

"Now that WikiLeaks has released more than 90,000 classified documents related to the Afghanistan war, military officials are trying to size up just how so much classified data eluded the tight grip of Army security.

On one level, it's an easy question to answer: The main leaker is believed to be a 22-year-old Army Intelligence analyst from Maryland named Bradley Manning. Manning was arrested in June for unauthorized release of sensitive military information while stationed in Iraq. But there are background questions about Manning's role that are much tougher to answer — chief among them the question of his own personal motivations and whether he acted alone in bringing this trove of data into public view.

Most of what we know about Manning comes from his computer chats with a former hacker named Adrian Lamo. Manning reached out to Lamo on May 21, after reading a story about him on Wired magazine's website. According to Lamo, he and Manning discussed a broad range of issues and security matters over the week they kept up their chat-room acquaintance.

Lamo said that during their chats, Manning confessed to turning over some 260,000 classified State Department diplomatic cables over to WikiLeaks. He also told Lamo that he'd leaked the now-infamous "Collateral Murder" video WikiLeaks posted earlier in the year, which showed a U.S. helicopter crew taking aim at civilians on the ground in Iraq, and killing two Reuters News employees. Manning told Lamo that he was disgusted by the "incredible things, awful things" he'd seen in the course of doing his job, "things that belonged in the public
 domain, and not on some server stored in a dark room in Washington, D.C."" ...

mriddick
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
260,000 classified documents? Whoa...

sevlex
07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
That guy is in deeeeeeep shit.
:coffee:

Vorkutinetz
07-26-2010, 08:06 PM
You know, there are probably hundreds of foreign intelligence agencies that would love to get that sort of info and will work hard for it...and here is this douchebag just fucking giving it... Treason it is...and the highest level of it...and during the time of war it should mean a firing squad.....

O.S.O.K.
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I bet his parents are proud of him. Poor people. Of course, given what he's done, you never know what kind of people they are...

Dan44
07-27-2010, 02:04 AM
I bet his parents are proud of him. Poor people. Of course, given what he's done, you never know what kind of people they are...

Give the media a couple weeks, then we'll know.

HDR
07-27-2010, 05:37 AM
260,000 classified documents? Whoa...

I wonder where he found the time to leak 260,000 documents.

mriddick
07-27-2010, 05:49 AM
You got to wonder if a hard drive isn't missing somewhere...