PDA

View Full Version : Last Ditch Weapons of the Third Reich

whos2kno
01-23-2011, 12:22 AM
i was reading in shotgun news about Last Ditch Weapons of the Third Reich. i really never put any thought into it. ive seen and held jap Last Ditch Weapons but never seen or playd with german Last Ditch Weapons .

they made some really crude weapons at the end
my favorate is the EMP44 made out of pipes
http://cfpaula.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/emp442.jpg

FunkyPertwee
01-23-2011, 12:30 AM
They must have really knew it was the end when they found themselves making these things.

Or maybe they were holding out hope for Hitler's final super weapon which never came.

whos2kno
01-23-2011, 12:44 AM
just think
your 16 and you go this weapon and put on the front line

that would suck big time

NAPOTS
01-23-2011, 01:00 AM
I saw a deal on the history channel where at the end they lowered the enlistment age to 13. they said they hung a few "objectors" from lamp posts to encourage the other children to volunteer.

bgummer
01-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Most were armed with just a Panzerfaust, one shot and that's it. A disturbing thought.

Schuetzenman
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
i was reading in shotgun news about Last Ditch Weapons of the Third Reich. i really never put any thought into it. ive seen and held jap Last Ditch Weapons but never seen or playd with german Last Ditch Weapons .

they made some really crude weapons at the end
my favorate is the EMP44 made out of pipes
http://cfpaula.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/emp442.jpg

There is a lesson to be learned from that weapon. If you have cartridges and a way to feed them almost anything can be made into a firearm.

sisyphus
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Most were armed with just a Panzerfaust, one shot and that's it. A disturbing thought.

They would hide by the road, nail an M4 after it passed and then throw up their hands to surrender. I understand Eisenhower put the word out not to accept their surrender after a rash of those and the occurances tapered-off.

Schuetzenman
01-24-2011, 07:33 AM
They would hide by the road, nail an M4 after it passed and then throw up their hands to surrender. I understand Eisenhower put the word out not to accept their surrender after a rash of those and the occurances tapered-off.

Funny I'd heard the shooter usually got blown up by the explosion as they were so weak and short ranged.

fingolfen
01-24-2011, 04:55 PM
The major difference between Japanese "last ditch" and German "last ditch" weapons is production volume.

Japan went to a "substitute standard" fairly early in the war (1943 if memory serves) - and by very early 1945 most of the production was what we'd now call "last ditch." Germany didn't really make the transition to desperation weapons until close to the end...