PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie to the Group

firedawg60
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey all, yet another newbie to your group. Just curious and have had this question for a while. What is the difference between a WASR 10 and a WASR 1o/63? I asked this question to a guy selling one at a gun show and he didn't have a clue.

Really like this site and learning. Haven't got an AK....yet. But I really have the itch for one. Don't really know why but I do. I've never even shot one. Just like the way they look. But I guess I'm old fashioned, I do like the wood over the plastic. Thanks in advance for any help and I'm SURE I'll be asking more as time goes on.

georgep
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
:welcome: Mine are WASR 10 63
I have never heard of the I in there but I am also new to these. They shoot great, I bought tow with the idea of selling one but the wife tried them at our range and now she has one. Likes it better than here SKS.
Depends on where you are in the country but they are not hard to find. Good ones are not that rare but look at them real close for any signs of amateur work on them.
Get one with the scope mount on the left side so you can add one if you wish.
Good luck and just ask away they are very good at giving you real answers.

George P

videodon
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey all, yet another newbie to your group. Just curious and have had this question for a while. What is the difference between a WASR 10 and a WASR 1o/63? I asked this question to a guy selling one at a gun show and he didn't have a clue.

Really like this site and learning. Haven't got an AK....yet. But I really have the itch for one. Don't really know why but I do. I've never even shot one. Just like the way they look. But I guess I'm old fashioned, I do like the wood over the plastic. Thanks in advance for any help and I'm SURE I'll be asking more as time goes on.

Welcome to the "itch"!
:)

imanaknut
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I think the only differences in the two WASR models is the parts used. The WASR-10 used all new parts which I think were pure commercial parts for sale to those of us who shall not be infringed. The WASR 10/63 was built with unused military part on a commercial receiver before shipping to the land of shall not be infringed. Both were still Romanian built.

cciota
01-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the forum! Lot's of good folks and info here.

Welcome to the "itch"!
:)

I like to call it the "sickness"!

Full Otto
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Don't really know why but I do.

Yes, you belong here. Welcome

slamfire51
01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
:welcome: to future :ak: addiction.
Glad to have you here.

My buddy was a blued and wood guy for years.
I introduced him to AKs, and he now has 5 including one of my AK pistols.

Get one, and experience the fun.

tx318
02-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm A newbe to so welcome :bouncing-boobies: