PDA

View Full Version : my new Phat-Gat

raxar
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Dis be da requiste blak talkin' thread one posts wen dey getz a new hIGH pOINT!!

I goes to Cabezelz yesterday and se dey have dem hIGH pOINT fo-tee and fo-tee-five pistols on salez for $189, so I chekz 1 out and FLAVOR-FLAVE!! dems some dope pistols, so I sez to the fly honey behind da counter "YOs baby, yu can wrap dis up, Iz be byzin' it" Sho' nuff I came back to the crib with the flyest nu hIGH pOINT fo-tee-five in da hood!

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/133/l_898ef1f1a5a248adab18d8667a255ab6.jpg

AND SHE SHOOTS GUD TOO!!

mriddick
07-26-2010, 07:09 PM
$190? That seems a bit high but hey from the way you're talking maybe it wasn't the only thing high in the room at the time :)

Joke of course...

raxar
07-26-2010, 07:32 PM
$190? That seems a bit high but hey from the way you're talking maybe it wasn't the only thing high in the room at the time :)

Joke of course...

from what I read on the hi-point forums they go for $160-$180, so it was a little high, but noone stocks them around here (I've never seen one at a gunshow for a decent price either), one local shop has 9mm's but I think he wants around $200. even if I would get one online once you figure in shipping and transfer I'd be around $190 anyway

mriddick
07-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Here locally we have a gunshop called Vances that has spoiled me on prices, the only downside is the neighborhood is very bad. I like to joke their prices are so good you'll risk your life to shop there...

Vorkutinetz
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
a gun that was not made for shooting..it was made fo bustin caps, yo!!!!

RJ Shooter
07-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Here locally we have a gunshop called Vances that has spoiled me on prices, the only downside is the neighborhood is very bad. I like to joke their prices are so good you'll risk your life to shop there...Are you in Columbus now???

AKTexas
07-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Fo shizzle ma nizzle!

mriddick
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Are you in Columbus now???

I went from Nashville to Columbus about 8 months ago, I still have the house in KY but I'm in Columbus most of the time now...

RJ Shooter
07-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I went from Nashville to Columbus about 8 months ago, I still have the house in KY but I'm in Columbus most of the time now...I loved Vances. It's hard to find a parking place on a busy day, isn't it? I mean, the store is right on Cleveland Avenue! And Cleveland Ave is very shady! LOL!

I've bought many a gun from there. They used to have a good lay-away plan...

You've also got Gun World in Hilliard (Class 3 and kinda expensive), AimHi in New Albany, and The Powder Room (and range) in Powell. Vances is by far the best priced store. And being outside the Columbus City Limits, you can buy "Assault Weapons!" LOL

RCS
07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I won't knock the High-Point. I've heard they're really reliable for the price, and a couple small-town police departments allow their officers to carry them. Have fun with your new shooter.

O.S.O.K.
07-28-2010, 10:03 AM
All reports are that they are actually very good shooters.

But rax shouldn't you have procured a "nine" for the hood?

Day gonna dis yo ass for th footyfave bro. Dat du what man's ride bro.

Bet keep dat in da crib.

Disclaimer: No Afreekan Americans were harmed in the preceeding dramitization.

mriddick
07-28-2010, 01:04 PM
My experience is they work for about 2 boxes of cartridges then the firearm will be dirty and require a cleaning which is sort of tough to do with their design. I have a hard time believing a PD anywhere would let officers carry them, maybe the rifles which enjoy a much better rep but the pistols I'd have to see proof and even then I'd wonder... ;) .

It might be interesting to do a test with one, not cleaning it and seeing how well it does. Maybe hipoint has made some improvements. Around here they are fairly cheap, maybe because they are made an hour or so away which probably helps keeps costs down and supply up :)

FunkyPertwee
07-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I figured it was worth the extra $300 for my XD45.

It seems odd to me to lowball the price of the pistol when it shoots about the most expensive auto handgun cartridge.

I had a freind with one that the mag would fall out every shot he took. I know how opinions are, and it could have just been a lemon, but I don't think I would get one to defend myself with.

They alwsays seemed like a throw away murder weapon to me.

raxar
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I figured it was worth the extra $300 for my XD45.

It seems odd to me to lowball the price of the pistol when it shoots about the most expensive auto handgun cartridge.

I had a freind with one that the mag would fall out every shot he took. I know how opinions are, and it could have just been a lemon, but I don't think I would get one to defend myself with.

They alwsays seemed like a throw away murder weapon to me.

actually the main attraction for me was that it was such a cheap gun chambered for a "serious" cartridge, and since I reload it really doesn't cost that much more to shoot than anything else. even if it does have problems they have the best warrenty in the business, so no worries there. This thing is intended purely as a range blaster, as I have a good truck gun already and don't have the slightest desire to CCW it, though it may serve as a bedside gun should it prove reliable

I took it out monday and put a box of factory ammo though it, it was just as accurate as any of my other autos and had 1 failure to feed, which may have been because I was resting the pistol on the mag when I shot it.

mriddick
07-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Is yours the polymer frame version? Are these steel (magnet test?)

Richard Simmons
07-29-2010, 10:22 AM
actually the main attraction for me was that it was such a cheap gun chambered for a "serious" cartridge, and since I reload it really doesn't cost that much more to shoot than anything else. even if it does have problems they have the best warrenty in the business, so no worries there. This thing is intended purely as a range blaster, as I have a good truck gun already and don't have the slightest desire to CCW it, though it may serve as a bedside gun should it prove reliable

I took it out monday and put a box of factory ammo though it, it was just as accurate as any of my other autos and had 1 failure to feed, which may have been because I was resting the pistol on the mag when I shot it.

My thoughts as well. A 45 ACP for under $200 if it's reliable would make a great truck or even boat gun.

HDR
07-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Thet sur looks like a pow'ful nice pistol, corngratulashuns!

Here locally we have a gunshop called Vances that has spoiled me on prices, the only downside is the neighborhood is very bad. I like to joke their prices are so good you'll risk your life to shop there...

Just learn to talk like raxar does...

mrkalashnikov
07-30-2010, 12:48 PM
'Cuz, y'all needs to be slapping summa dose HomeBoy sidewayz sites onna that byotch. Be all up inna a byotches face sidwayz 'n sheeit when you popa a cappa ins his azz!

raxar
07-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Is yours the polymer frame version? Are these steel (magnet test?)

they only make polymer versions anymore, I'm not really educated on the subject but I think they only made them with steel frames before they were actually "hi-point". as for their construction consult http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php

raxar
07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
2 things I forgot

1, the .45 version feels like "the poor man's desert eagle"

2, the frame smells like a garden hose

Dr. Gonzo GED
07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Hell yeah. You da man now dawg! Bitches betta recognize. My boy Rax be rolling with the fotee - nickel now bitch! For rizzle. Sheit.

Bluntforce
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Whut da fuk you be smellin' garden hoses 'n' shit fo?

raxar
07-30-2010, 06:18 PM
dats how we roll in da hood, hop in da Tempo roll down to cabezelz, buyz a hIGH pOINT, hit da range, go bak to da crib, smellz some garden hoze and blast sum Vanilla Ice.

blobman
07-30-2010, 07:19 PM
sheeeee-it nugguh..get summa dem zip bullets wif teflon and go kill some some 5-0

raxar
07-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Just spent entirely too long attempting to mod 2 1911 mags to work, they seem to lock in pretty solid, need to hit the range for a proper test.

Helen Keller
08-02-2010, 05:00 PM
That's sum real G shit ritecheer
Hold dat shit sidesways and punch when you shoot it at dem haterz

Mod one of those 1911 promag drums for it. Yoowde be da illest niggevah!!

raxar
08-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Nah, If I be duing dat wit da pRO mAG drum it be pullinz my pants down when I b carryinz it

O.S.O.K.
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I guess this is what passes for socio-economic bonding and sensetivity training on gunsnet...

Sheeeit bro. Dis fread be bad muthafucker. Bad. Heah me?

raxar
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
we keepz it realz on da gunznet, suckaz cruizin in ma hood and be ridin' dirty and I holla at ma shorty "DANQUALEA! GETZ DA GAT!!" and she be bringin me da duece duece and I be "NAH MAN, DA hIGH pOINT! GETZ DA hIGH pOINT!!" an she be like "HOLD MA EARRINGS WHILE I BLAZT DEZ FOOLZ!! and she be bustin caps wit da duece duece, so Iz goin and get ma hIGH pOINT, but dem suckaz be gone. Soz I hit da street wit my home boy and Danqualea and she have da duece duece and he have his lORCIN tu-five and we be chazin' dem in da hood wit da Tempo bustin crazy caps triing to stop dem dirty riders, den mama have to bail me outta jail and the 5-0 took da hIGH pOINT!!