PDA

View Full Version : Lots of AK's..should I build them

wags2161
01-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and just had a few questions. I recently went on a spree and purchased 9 AK kits in the last month. I bought 3 Romanian "G"s, 3 Polish underfolders, 2 Yugo underfolders, and a Egyptian Maadi MISR. All are in good to excellent condition and all have matching numbers and original barrels. I see that the kits seem like they are more than buying a built rifle. Im just getting into the AKs normally its old Colt 1911's. Do I just hold onto the kits or is it worth building. We have a armorer in the area and its about 250.00 to build it with NoDak receivers. Any help or thought would be great

Toxic
01-28-2011, 10:38 PM
The kits aren't worth much, I'll take them off your hands for the cost of shipping. This will help you in the long run.....
9 won't be the end of it.:smiley31:
Honestly you could hold onto them (if you choose) and gouge the hell out of people by waiting till kits are non existent. (which seems to be the course for most d-bag's selling kits today) and charging 10 times their actual value.
Or, you could build them for the satisfaction of "building your own". IMO there's no better feeling than looking at a creation, you had a hand in completing.

wags2161
01-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks and im sure they wont be the last AKs i buy. I am taking one romanian one polish and one yugo tomorrow and drop them off to be built and keep the rest as kits until i can afford to build the rest of them . thanks