PDA

View Full Version : Romanian SKS - Century

oldstyle244
01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Anyone know what condition there are in, I am considering picking one up

El Laton Caliente
01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
The ones I've seen at gun shows were at best just a shooter grade. I'd want to inspect before buying on a Romanian... and I need one for the collection.

O.S.O.K.
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't know exactly which one you're looking at but I just got the J&G catalog and they list a "Romanian AK-47 GP75" "7.62x39mm semi-auto with American made receiver, barrel, polymer pistol grip, forend and stock. Has bayonet lug, slant cut muzzle brake, high capacity mag... $429.95

Shows a dimpled receiver with steel, EB mag. Looks pretty good.

I wonder if the chamber/barrel is chromed...

They also have WASR's at around the same price.

Also, :welcome: to the board :)

You may want to consider getting a Saiga 7.62x39 and doing the pistol grip configuration conversion - which is very easy. This gives you a very high quality AKM for just a bit more. Russian made...

El Laton Caliente
01-29-2011, 04:21 PM
SKS OSOK

There are a few advertized excellent on gunbroker.com, but I would iinsist on an inspection period...

and OH YEA, welcome to the board!!!

videodon
01-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome oldstyle!

My Romy SKS is one of my favs.
(not a recent CAI though)
:)

oldstyle244
01-29-2011, 05:46 PM
The only SKS's I have a Yugos, so when I saw they had some romanian's for $299, I thought what the hell, but it sounds like that might not be a good purchase

Thanks for the welcomes, been a while since I was here, did not know they brought the site back up

El Laton Caliente
01-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I have Russian, Albanian, Chinese and Yugos, but need a nice Romanian to round out the collection. These latest offerings are failerly rough judging from the few I've seen. If I were to buy one I would want to see it first...

videodon
01-29-2011, 06:21 PM
I snagged mine at a local shop a few years ago.
I'd like to see a CAI one in person also.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac140/videodon/RomanianSKS-1.jpg

whos2kno
01-29-2011, 08:05 PM
ive seen them in all different condition from ex to the stock looking like a baseball bat.
go to gunbroker and these are the same guns from century.
i think it the luck of the draw with century.
i wish they would go back to free shipping that would make me buy from them again.

btw
welcome back
oldstyle244

El Duce
02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I saw one local for 285.00 But he had put a "hunting" stock on it.

FunkyPertwee
02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I saw one local for 285.00 But he had put a "hunting" stock on it.

Its funny how aftermarket products decrease the value of these.

ATAK, Inc.
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
The only SKS's I have a Yugos, so when I saw they had some romanian's for $299, I thought what the hell, but it sounds like that might not be a good purchase

Thanks for the welcomes, been a while since I was here, did not know they brought the site back up

For the $$$ I would look for a Chinese SKS on GB or www.sturmgewehr.com

I only own one, and it is a Norinco, beautiful rifle!

ETA: Welcome back oldstyle!

Tracy
02-05-2011, 02:23 AM
Welcome back Oldstyle. I remember you.

The last rifle I bought was a Romanian SKS several years ago from SOG. They were calling them excellent, but it was good, at best. I sent it back. That was really disappointing.

oldstyle244
02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
For the $$$ I would look for a Chinese SKS on GB or www.sturmgewehr.com

I only own one, and it is a Norinco, beautiful rifle!

ETA: Welcome back oldstyle!

Ok, I might look around at one of those, for some reason (I could be wrong) I was thinking the Chinese stuff wasn't C&R......

coppertales
02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
in Fort Worth this weekend....chris3

O.S.O.K.
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
SKS?

:lool:

Alrighty then.

I say beware of SOG's "liberal" use of condition descriptions...

I've purchased from them quite a few time and MOST of the time I am happy with the results but sometimes they just flat out lie/exacgerate the condition - like with the garand that I bought from them - they did take it back though...

As far as SKS's go - I had a 69 IIRC Romanian SKS and though it was well worn, it was so smooth in operation and shot very well - milled trigger group...