PDA

View Full Version : Is ANYONE here kinda worried Extremist Muslims are taking over other countries?

tank_monkey
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
aka "The Muslim Brotherhood" the largest organized counter government group in the world and the primary force behind the Riots in Tunisia and Egypt (even though the country's leaders ARE corrupt fuckers).

With the unrest in EGYPT and TUNISIA and YEMEN, sure these countries are fucked up and corrupt, but in reality there are very FEW countries like IRAN. Even Saudi Arabia is no friend, and alot of Jihadists come from there, but the government still 'technically' is friends with the U.S. Hell, we have MILITARY BASES in Saudi Arabia. EGYPT is pretty secular and has helped us in the past.

Again, like when the SHAH of Iran fell, what happens is that the extremist Islamic nutjobs HIJACK the revolution, take over and turn the country in to a dark ages pit for armies of brainwashed suicide bombers.

Like Pakistan, I think they're being weak with Al Qaeda because they're afraid. Too many of their own citizens, in the backwards mountain regions, buy that bullshit propaganda of the Taliban, so they help them. Or just "HATING AMERICA" is so prevalent (it sure is in Europe) that people do it reflexively without realizing what will happen to their lives, if a relatively moderate government, with ties to the west, goes away.

I just don't want to see a DOMINO effect of countries turning into Afghanistan (pre invasion). The "Taliban-era Afghanistan" LAUNCHED the 9/11 attacks. And they HAD to know we're bomb / attack the shit out of them. Then they retreat into their caves and do a guerrilla action for years. Having 6 or more countries just as fucked up as that would be a nightmare!

O.S.O.K.
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
take a look around = there are several threads going about Egypt and others and exactly this topic.

So, hell yeah we are concerned and watching and discussing.

Altarboy
01-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm worried about it, but I'm more concerned with the ones who seem to be taking over our country.

tank_monkey
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
take a look around = there are several threads going about Egypt and others and exactly this topic.

So, hell yeah we are concerned and watching and discussing.

Sorry, I was distracted by all the thread hijacking about BIG FOOT and monster trucks! LOL ;)

alismith
01-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Actually, I'm more interested in what is happening in certain countries in Europe and Scandinavia than in the Middle East. After all, the Middle East is more their "home territory" than is Europe. I find it interesting that some of the European countries are starting to "see the light," while others are willfully "blind." I'm wondering how long it's going to be before some European countries give them the ultimatum of conforming to "normal" European standards, or being deported (even those who were born in their countries). IIRC, France recently threw out a bunch of Gypsies. I wonder if they'll do that to the Muslims...

Krupski
01-29-2011, 04:48 PM
The "Taliban-era Afghanistan" LAUNCHED the 9/11 attacks. And they HAD to know we're bomb / attack the shit out of them.

Yupper. It's a good thing that Bin Laden was captured and hung for launching the 9/11 attacks. Oh wait... something doesn't seem right here......

HDR
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Yupper. It's a good thing that Bin Laden was captured and hung for launching the 9/11 attacks. Oh wait... something doesn't seem right here......

Did you forget to take your meds today??

El Jefe
01-29-2011, 05:53 PM

Apparently, either that or he has a backlog. He's obviously in full blown kook mode. I'll bet ya Krupski is a freaking hoot in person with a few pills in him.

:laugh:

mriddick
01-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd say that is the worry, although at this point I'm not sure any one is sure of what's going on in Egypt.

Penguin
01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm worried about it, but I'm more concerned with the ones who seem to be taking over our country.

That is about the same boat I am in. I am much more worried about what is going on here that what is going on over there. That said I am watching it. I am not really that worried about it strangly though. I am jsut kind of waiting to see what happens when the dust finially seatles.

Actually, I'm more interested in what is happening in certain countries in Europe and Scandinavia than in the Middle East. After all, the Middle East is more their "home territory" than is Europe. I find it interesting that some of the European countries are starting to "see the light," while others are willfully "blind." I'm wondering how long it's going to be before some European countries give them the ultimatum of conforming to "normal" European standards, or being deported (even those who were born in their countries). IIRC, France recently threw out a bunch of Gypsies. I wonder if they'll do that to the Muslims...

After what is going on here Europe is what is the next biggest thing on my mind, followed by China, then Japan.

Krupski
01-29-2011, 09:00 PM

Sorry... some days I just can't bring myself to toe the party line, no matter how hard I try. http://three-dog.homelinux.com/phpbb/images/smilies/embarrassed.gif

Krupski
01-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Apparently, either that or he has a backlog. He's obviously in full blown kook mode. I'll bet ya Krupski is a freaking hoot in person with a few pills in him.

All depends on what kind of pills...

HDR
01-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Sorry... some days I just can't bring myself to toe the party line, no matter how hard I try. http://three-dog.homelinux.com/phpbb/images/smilies/embarrassed.gif

What party line?

I disdain democrats, dislike republicans and as the TP is new to Congress they haven't give me a reason, yet.

Words are free and except for inaction anything else is more costly.

Oswald Bastable
01-29-2011, 09:36 PM
My biggest concern is whether the Pakistan domino falls, given that they have nukes.

mriddick
01-29-2011, 09:42 PM
My biggest concern is whether the Pakistan domino falls, given that they have nukes.

That has been the worry for some time.

weevil
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
And just think that after the fall of communism and the end of the cold war many thought the world would have a new era of peace and prosperity.

Instead the storm clouds are gathering again and the world draws ever closer to yet another era of death and destruction as each day passes.

Not much worries me and I try to be optimistic but I fear we maybe getting ready to experience some truly grim and horrible times.

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a very bad feeling about what's happening in the mideast.

Guns Network Staff
01-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Word is out and it is very clear... that the Muslim Brotherhood is NOT making any move, period.

They are staying out as word is being spread. They are waiting for democracy to take over and then start to move in when the people are ready to vote in leadership. They will do whatever they can to be VOTED IN, like in Lebanon with the PLO.

nails
01-29-2011, 11:49 PM
two words.....

Stark Industries

gpwasr10
01-30-2011, 12:34 AM
http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/5/5f/Uss_ronald_reagan_cvn-76.jpg

Not really.

Oswald Bastable
01-30-2011, 01:56 AM
two words.....

Stark Industries

Three words...

You're an imbecile.

HDR
01-30-2011, 06:43 AM

The only reason Egypt doesn't have nukes is they don't need them. Egypt built up their conventional forces backed up with biological and chemical weapons.

As far as who will end up in control; it will be whoever has the biggest club and uses it first.

Penguin
01-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Well that sounds like some one in the military.

coppertales
01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
I just prepare for when they try to take over this one.........chris3

El Jefe
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM
The only reason Egypt doesn't have nukes is they don't need them. Egypt built up their conventional forces backed up with biological and chemical weapons.

As far as who will end up in control; it will be whoever has the biggest club and uses it first.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/egypt-s-muslim-brotherhood-eyes-unity-gov-t-without-mubarak-1.340168

Warthogg
01-31-2011, 01:13 AM
http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/egypt-s-muslim-brotherhood-eyes-unity-gov-t-without-mubarak-1.340168

Interesting.

From the same source diifferent article:

Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast
Without Egypt's Mubarak and with relations with Turkey in shambles, Israel will be forced to court new potential allies

Israel's foreign policy has depended on regional alliances which have provided the country with strategic depth since the 1950s. The country's first partner was France, which at the time ruled over northern Africa and provided Israel with advanced weaponry and nuclear capabilities.

The friendship between Mubarak and Netanyahu is based on a mutual fear over Iran's strengthening and the rising power of Islamists, as well as over the weakening and distancing of the U.S. government with Barack Obama at its head.

In this situation, Israel will be forced to seek out new allies. The natural candidates include Syria, which is striving to exploit Egypt's weakness to claim a place among the key nations in the region.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/without-egypt-israel-will-be-left-with-no-friends-in-mideast-1.339926

Lysander
01-31-2011, 05:50 AM
I'm more concerned that, yet once again, the incompetence of the Obama Administration is leading us to lose another ally in the Middle East while at the same time making the US appear to be weak and ineffective. Last week, instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with people wanting a representative Government, the Obama administration issued inane platitudes.

Biden and Obama both showed how completely innocent they were of any grasp of foreign policy and world events.

Now? Wrath will build up against the US because we chose to help prop up Mubarak, and we will see 1979 played out again right before our eyes.

#
# PressSec Very concerned about violence in Egypt - government must respect the rights of the Egyptian people & turn on social networking and internet

Just to sum up how pathetic our leadership is.

HDR
01-31-2011, 07:04 AM

After a "revolution" the best organized, disciplined etc group can end up on top. People should have figured this in the beginning or when 0bama began supporting them. 0bama is a rank amateur who is basing his diplomacy on what they did in the Hood with predicable results.

At the end of the day there could be a strong anti-American alliance in the region.

Edit to add:

By Sudarsan Raghavan (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/staff/articles/sudarsan+raghavan/)
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, January 31, 2011
SANAA, Yemen - The pro-democracy protesters marched through the dusty streets of this Middle Eastern capital, voicing hope that the revolution unfolding in the Arab world would soon reach them.
"Yesterday, Tunisia. Today, Egypt. Tomorrow, Yemen," they shouted, trying to make their way to the Egyptian embassy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/30/AR2011013003175.html

Tunisian native hopes Egypt follows his land toward democracy

By Keith Gushard Meadville Tribune

MEADVILLE — Tunisia’s apparent move toward a more democratic government hopefully will hold true for Egypt as well in the coming weeks, according to a guest Arabic language teacher at Allegheny College.

“In Tunisia, it’s been a peaceful revolution — people are fighting for their rights in a peaceful way,” said Noureddine Cherif, a 2009 graduate with a degree in English from Manouba University in Tunis, Tunisia. “It was a corrupt government — not (in the sense) that people weren’t safe, but they were enriching themselves from the people.”
http://meadvilletribune.com/homepage/x376910431/Tunisian-native-hopes-Egypt-follows-his-land-toward-democracy

http://www.interopp.org/cgi/image.cgi?file=../img_rmap/reg_me_pol_lg_1998.jpg&credit=pcl&title=Political+Map+of+the+Middle+East,+1998

Check out where Yemen is located and notice either Yemen or Egypt controls access or passage to the Suez.

old Grump
01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
It's going to be chaos with a shitty taste in everybody's mouth and the only ones who will benefit the most will be the craziest of them all, the so called orthodox Muslims. Shit hasn't even begun to fly. The people who are rioting are the people whose sons make up the army, the irritant in everybody's side is the police. If Egypt's government comes out of this with the boss still in office you will be able to call him a legitimate genius. More likely we will be calling him the late leader of Egypt and Egypt will disintegrate into a warlord county like Somalia. Look for Libya and Saudi Arabia to split up the spoils and they won't be polite about it. Everybody gets screwed.